What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you, Harry and Harvey, we had a wonderful meal, and the restaurant manager even gave us complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and champagne! The strawberries were huge, and I used my Tribal Spear to cut 'em down to bite size. ;)

VivOU8j.jpg

Beguiling book/barlow combo, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, Harvey & JJ. :) I'm convinced that Laguiole is a Chinese knock-off, but it's a pleasant knife for me! :thumbsup::cool:
JJ, your genuine Laguiole is a lean and lustrous looker! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Doubly thankful Gary!!! Apparently the French Govt. states the Laguoile is a pattern/style that can be produced anywhere!:D
My Watch Pocket Knife this week is a Chinese Schrade 44OT Workmate:
44ot-pile-open-jpg.1266240

Big Knife this week is a 1967 Buck 110 a brother gave me a couple of years ago, after it spent years in his toolbox:
110-mark-open-jpg.1266241

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a naked Imperial jack I call the Silver Bullet (thanks, Dave):
silverbullet-mark-vstand-arbor-jpg.1266242
Great trio today; your '67 Buck is an all time classic, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Handsome duo, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Do you know anything about the origins of the gunstock jack pattern? It seems to be such an unusual handle shape, and I don't think I appreciate whatever functional advantages it's supposed to have. :rolleyes:
Thanks again Gary!!! From my limited knowledge, the "gunstock" is simply a pattern where the knife handle resembles a classic rifle stock; it does feel quite good in hand, as well;)
A powerhouse of a combo....wow !!!
Thank you very kindly good Sir!!!
The Driver

44593246614_8d18c9952c_b.jpg
Great pairing you have with your wondrous watch and cool budding blade!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Much thanks, JJ. Your 44cal. Is something else.
Thanks a bunch Harvey!!!
Late night, counting Lambs, not sheep.
a674ce6b-0f60-49b9-958a-c74dbaa1e1b5-jpeg.1266592
What a great way to end the day; a lovely lamb and easy on the eyes!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TGIF! Only a couple of days to go in our cold snap. It's warmed up to -25C today, and the trend is supposed to continue through the weekend :) Since I'm really looking forward to it getting all the way back up to 0 on Monday, I figured I'd put a little sunshine in the pocket today.

TMbCw6K.jpg

Case 3318PU CV

TGIF! Only a couple of days to go in our cold snap. It's warmed up to -25C today, and the trend is supposed to continue through the weekend :) Since I'm really looking forward to it getting all the way back up to 0 on Monday, I figured I'd put a little sunshine in the pocket today.

TMbCw6K.jpg

Case 3318PU CV
You know, I might need one of those.

BrOII8H.jpg

The black one stays with the uke tuner, so I have room for at least one more. The little one is an Imperial my mom gave me.

Great Pairing. :cool::thumbsup:

Change of plans. I was planning on complaining about the weather until I read the reports from Canada and N Dakota. ( Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck and @paulhilborn ) now 13 doesn’t seem so bad!:D

43&72 for me this balmy day.View attachment 1266670View attachment 1266671
Another Great Pairing. :cool::thumbsup:

I like pairings of larger work knives with smaller stockman knives. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TMbCw6K.jpg

Case 3318PU CV
Hope it warms up for you. :):thumbsup:

Change of plans. I was planning on complaining about the weather until I read the reports from Canada and N Dakota. ( Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck and @paulhilborn ) now 13 doesn’t seem so bad!:D
We woke up to 8 degrees F and a few inches of snow that arrived yesterday. That's cold enough for me!
Along for the ride.
jFceQsQ.jpg

Back