What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Little [3 3/8"] RR and a Bantam today for work.
Rn6fw0e.jpg

qmyIO2m.jpg

JfZ0PDh.jpg

CV Peanut rides in the watch pocket now, so, it's kinda there every day ;)

and next to that is a magnifier that I made out of walnut, using a lens from camera lens discarded from where I work, pack rat I am...

edited to add, the shield on the Peanut was missing when I got it, so I carefully whittled down a piece of walnut to glue in place :)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Thank you! I'm nothing more than an amateur at best but I have fun with it. And a very handsome pair you're packing today. How did the guitar project go?

It’s a long, drawn out process because I’m just an amateur too, Willie. I’ll be driving out to Denver in April to visit, and I’d sure like to be able to take it to give to him. Gonna have to get crackin to be done by then!

Stag for Stagurday. What used to be a TL-29 makes for a pleasant single blade jack that begs to be carried and used. Patina doesn’t just happen, you know!
View attachment 1271665

We are headed to big bad Texas this weekend for a BJEC race, so I took a SW 881 Texas pattern stockman along with my usual 884.

IMG_6736.jpg IMG_6671_Original.JPG

These knives are identical in practical terms. Same size, same blades. The 881's blades are nearly full, which shows the amount of love the 884 has had.

My daughter wanted to choose my knife today so she selected the 66 in red bone and since I was wanting to compare a new acquisition with that one anyway, it kind of worked out. This Case I just picked up off the Exchange is in CV, has hollow ground blades (interesting), and a punch instead of a spey blade. Very nice action and an overall very sturdy knife, I think I am going to like this one a lot.

AAR86jh.jpg

tXysU8h.jpg
I'd be very interested to hear your comparison. There are things I like about the Case more than the GEC, and vice versa.

Very cool pick up, Harvey. :cool::thumbsup:

Lambsfoot of the Week is Valley Jack, my 2019 Guardians desert ironwood lambsfoot:
ij-pile-closed-sun-patio-jpg.1271686
Always nice to se the Valley Jack. Hope it brings you joy through the week. :):thumbsup:

What an absolute beauty! :cool::thumbsup:

Back