What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thank you, Gary. It was one of my first blade grinding, shield scrimming projects and I was insufferably proud of myself. :D

It is a monster, although somewhat accentuated by perspective in that photo. ;)

This easy pocket congress unicorn is in my pocket. I thought I was over thinking a knife is "too pretty to use" but I'm struggling. I'll cut something with it tomorrow, I'm sure.
7FKgy8p.jpg

BNozPsT.jpg

That is an amazing cover material. I sure hope it stays in the lineup for awhile.

I hope so too, but it seems to be a problematic material to work with.

I had heard the white that my 48 is was hard. That was a 17 model. This one, I haven’t heard but I sure like it a lot. Congress patterns aren’t really my thing so I passed but that slab makes it tempting!

Wife is gone to take oldest to dinner (he’s23) so jr (he’s3) is tolerating me in my lap. He does seem to like the Dunlap as much as I do.

CF7086A9-A4C4-41FC-AE81-DD131BCE4257.jpeg

Rotated my knives Monday, as usual. Here are some of the carries for this week.
Watch Pocket Knife this week is an LF&C pen knife (thanks, Mark):
lf&c.deckrail.jpg

Big Knife this week is a Rough Rider ram's horn bone large cotton sampler:
lcs.mark.V.patiopost.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Chinese Imperial small sodbuster:
glomax.imp.sbjr,parallel.jpg

- GT

Boy , those look nice !!!! :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: It is hard to keep from getting one . The color and the jigging are great . I am just saving up for one of the last one of the 62's on the schedule .

Harry
Thanks Harry, it has nice dark uniform color but amazing how precise the fit and finish are (hard to capture on camera, for me:oops:) how the main and pen pass each other and sit so close without touching, finely fit like the will made pen knives by the great knife makers of the past:cool::thumbsup:

How about a touch of Modern/Traditional "Fusion" for the weekdays ?

yJ1rjkq.jpg

ykMkL2Z.jpg

Pattern # 25 - Barlow.
Urban Series Baby Barlow. Justin Lundquist design.
M390 super-steel 2" blade. Symmetrical low-profile out-the-front flipper tab.
Titanium handle with OD-Green G-10 inlay. Caged ceramic bearings.
Measures 5" closed. Weighs 2.4oz. Made by Fox Knives @ Maniago, Italy.

Well, it would be nice but for the locking mechanism and clip which preclude it from this forum and thread, as noted in the first several posts of both the forum and thread.
- Stuart

That's a real beauty, Leslie.

I decided that this bone hafted Otter was too nice to collect. Gary, @Gary W. Graley repaired the tip, sharpened, and administered some spa tx, wonderfully. He kindly broke from normally not making pocket sheaths and made this superb one. Thank you Gary.
1c9cee57-dd68-4a32-ad18-d7919484007d-jpeg.1273016

I agree, Harvey. The Otter is a prize, especially with its provenance.

Lovely pair Stuart; I'd say the "old fella" has several more tricks up his sleeve!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Starting out the week with a couple red bone jacks from Case and GEC. :)

Thanks, JJ, and you shared some true gems, particularly that Case.

In anticipation of some more unicorn ivory headed my way:
NrGW49N.jpg

A fine picture of a fine paring, r8shell. Kudos.

Camillus Whittler today

ZmmQymy.jpg

I agree, Steve. That is the best jigged Delrin I have ever seen. It looks liquid. I can't stop looking at it. Great pic, too.

I’m just around the house on this rainy Monday, but I’ve got this Stag #73 in my pocket! :)

47981019593_9c9aeb269a_o_d.jpg

Lawd, have mercy!! Well done, Ron.

8vwVOzL.jpg

Buck110L&Queen #63

David, I like that handy Buck, but I really like that sweet looking Delrin Queen stockman.

- Stuart

Thought I'd go with this GEC made Schrade trapper for Tuesday. :)

It's the only traditional I have with an interesting flush tang, kinda cool. :cool:
Thank you very much, JJ. I owe it to you for stirring my interest in Robeson Cutlery. Your fine looking trapper is enhanced by the reflection on the blades. Great image.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Nice Solar Jack, Jack.:)

@Gevonovich - Nice Image, Gev. Perfect background.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. That’s a lovely pen.,Wonderful covers.

D Duckdog - Thank you kindly, Stuart. Excellent Case Trapper.

Beautiful JJ, I love those square and clean joints :thumbsup:

Morning folks, or evening, or whatever :D Carrying these two today, my Hartshead Barlow, and a little Solar Jack for my Random Tuesday choice :) :thumbsup:

429wAT5.jpg

EsNytLv.jpg
Thank you very much, Jack!!! Very cool partner for your HHB today; very interesting "bomb/crest" shield too!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful "Butter & Molasses" covers on your wonderful old jack, Gev!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I appreciate your support, JJ. :)
Those vintage synthetic jacks you posted are dandy! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you kindly Gary!!!
lf-c-deckrail-jpg.1274086

lcs-mark-v-patiopost-jpg.1274087
Very nice choices today Gary, your LF&C is a real peach!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Trapper Totin' Tuesday, anyone??

EzYiTbk.jpg
The absolute definition of mint; outstanding image of your Case lovely, Stuart!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ, and you shared some true gems, particularly that Case.
Thanks a lot Stuart!!!
Thank you very much, JJ. I owe it to you for stirring my interest in Robeson Cutlery. Your fine looking trapper is enhanced by the reflection on the blades. Great image.
Thank you very much good Sir; you have certainly found some fabulous examples!!!
Jarosz Fixed Blade
1fd3699c-e1ad-4860-843c-9cf9fc33a4fb-jpeg.1274163

6692F09B-CD1E-4C8E-9E43-4570D9DE2D11_zpsqfr1lku2.jpeg
Outstanding pair today Harvey; your stout Jarosz and the gentile old Hunter's Lamb, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK now, that's just not fair. I'm sitting here having my lentil and ham soup for lunch. I'm wishing it was bourguignon!
Seriously, nice knife and the teapot looks familiar. Very similar to the pot sitting on my range top. Alessi?

Hi Gary, sorry to have wasted your soup :(
You're right, the pot is an Alessy :) .
As I'm the slave of a 4 persons family I've to cook to satisfy 3 young rascals who hopefully don't like Mc Donald but take themselves to be food critics :mad:

For this bourguignon ( called Daube in the south of France) I've let 1,5kg of beef 20 hours in 1litre of Grave wine, with 3 carrots, 1 onion, a few juniper berries and pepper. Then I let roasted the fat of some smoked bacon slices to smoke the pot . I removed it and put in the rest of bacon, the beef to colour it then the wine of the marinade . 4 hours of slow cook and a 45minutes diner to finish if .

That's not fare !!!:mad:

49458972267_ee847825eb_c.jpg

Â

Thanks, Jack. :)
Enchanting handles on your scratted bone Ancient TC Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I intend to try something "along those lines" on one of my wood-clad knives (maybe a MAM), and have some sketches of possibilities on my desk. But I have yet to "gird up my loins" and actually put pencil/saw/file to wood. :(

Thanks Gary, that sounds like an interesting project :thumbsup:

View attachment 1274086

View attachment 1274087

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Chinese Imperial small sodbuster:
View attachment 1274088

- GT

Three Goodies there ;) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Nice Solar Jack, Jack.:)

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Having to rush a bit this morning, as I'm behind schedule, but I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and the John Primble English Jack D Duckdog very generously gifted me recently :) :thumbsup:

wciaYCl.jpg

doLdu1C.jpg

Back