What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

MipTUKg.jpg

Got my daughters 66 yellow rose with me today. She keeps begging me for it but I think I'm gonna make her wait till she is 18. Just dont want her to lose it.

DHSzWid.jpg
I can see why she is impatient, that's a sweet looking knife.:thumbsup:

I haven't had this Queen mountain man knife out for at least a year I believe, paired it with a Schatt spear blade for todays carry.View attachment 1282127

This little knife just arrived all the way from Sweden. I couldn't resist its charm and I just had to buy it.
It's not a particularly well-built knife, but it sure is fun to look at and it reminds me of knives I had as a kid. :cool::thumbsup:

Who is the manufacturer? It appears to be exactly the same type of knife I used to carry as a preschooler. I found it in a drawer of my desk at my parents house. (Check out the elaborate lanyard I made for it at age of 6!)
1.jpg

2.jpg

When my father saw it after all those years, he bragged about having plenty of those in his workshop. I went to investigate. He didn't exaggerate. He does havequite a collection:
IMG-7104-JPG-big.jpg

I believe it is the very same motiff as yours on the far left.
3.jpg

4.jpg

These are made by Sandrik and Mikov.

Got my daughters 66 yellow rose with me today. She keeps begging me for it but I think I'm gonna make her wait till she is 18. Just dont want her to lose it.

DHSzWid.jpg

I'd say go for it. The red, Victorinoxesque knife you see on the first picture in this post is the very knife I got from my dad for my 7th birthday. As you can see I used the heck of it. It has been withe on all my boy adventures, trips, camps (was in my pocket when I kissed a girl for the first time) etc. right until I was 20, when I finally was feeling comfortable putting forward the money to buy my first real Victorinox. And I still have it (yes, I did loose it about twice) and it is my most precious knife and would be last to go. How much cooler it would be if it were a GEC knife?

Last edited:
Who is the manufacturer? It appears to be exactly the same type of knife I used to carry as a preschooler. I found it in a drawer of my desk at my parents house. (Check out the elaborate lanyard I made for it at age of 6!)
1.jpg

2.jpg

When my father saw it after all those years, he bragged about having plenty of those in his workshop. I went to investigate. He didn't exaggerate. He does havequite a collection:
IMG-7104-JPG-big.jpg

I believe it is the very same motiff as yours on the far left.
3.jpg

4.jpg

These are made by Sandrik and Mikov.
That's it!!! Thanks for posting those!!!
Mine doesn't have a maker stamp on it, but it's just like those you've shown. Maybe done later by another company? I'm jealous of that collection, it's super nice and it must be so much fun to go through them. Here is the pile side of my knife, just like yours... I hope I can find more of the western themed ones. :)

A couple of my favorite trappers from GEC for Tuesday. :)
Thank you JJ. Those are are couple of swell trappers.

@Duckdog - Much thanks, Stuart. M&Ms, Bourbon, and a cool knife. Curse the rain with a smile.:)

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool Hongjie.:thumbsup:

@Gevonovich - Great image. Beautiful Beekman. Love the covers, design, and its’ size.

@5K Qs - I heart Lam Jack.:)

Paul, I wish they’d run those gunmetal Alox knives again. Always thought they were the best color besides red.
Thank you Jim, I agree about the Gunmetal, I've searched for a Pioneer/Farmer and Cadet to no avail. There are some Harvesters and a Farmer out there now but I won't pay those prices. Hopefully a re-release is in the cards;)

Back