What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Many thanks JJ, that's Minnie The Minx, possibly the first British female superhero ;) :D :thumbsup:

275px-Minnie_the_Minx.jpg

Two glamorous beauties there JJ :cool: :thumbsup:

My randomly picked knife today is this vintage French Couteau de Cavalier.

T72Bis7.jpg

Carrying it with my trusty Hartshead Barlow. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

oqckmvi.jpg
A very classic cartoon character indeed! Thank you Jack!!!
You certainly have some astounding "random picks" to go with your HHB; that old French gem is quite impressive!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Today I am totin' one of my favorite, and nicest, totin' knives.

img_7052-jpg.1286147
And an amazing Schrade you're toting; everything about that beauty is super cool Paul!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. Love your collection. Very useful blades with the wonderful details. Stand out Winchester Toothpick.
Thank you kindly, Harvey!!!
Good to the last puff.
06E39A78-DF64-46AA-B0DB-73D23E7AC300_zpsybkfyr0u.jpeg
Everything about your image is awesome; I can even smell that fragrant stogie!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Couple of immaculate knives, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Alox of the Week is a 1986 Soldier (thanks, Ken):
soldier-mark-4open-jpg.1286458

non-Alox SAK of the Week is one of three Vic Pocket Pals in the rotation schedule:
pocketpal3-mark-2open-onback-jpg.1286460

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Böker USA electrician (thanks, Mark):
tl29-mark-2open-flat-post-jpg.1286461
Great triple tote today; your Swiss soldier is the perfect lead in your trio!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

It dawned on me that I should have been Totin one of these yesterday! ;) Northwoods Presidential in Blood Red Jigged Bone and my Jack Black SFO Damascus with Ironwood Lambsfoot! :D

49552234508_3b9c553807_o_d.jpg

Fine-looking pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Beautiful Couteau.

Good to the last puff.
06E39A78-DF64-46AA-B0DB-73D23E7AC300_zpsybkfyr0u.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, that's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for your informative reply about the Little Doagie, Jack. :)
I'm reading a biography of an American baseball player from the early 20th century who claimed that life is too short to be diplomatic! ;)
Thanks for your good words about the knives I posted. :) I bought a set of 3 Cannon knives (for under 10 USD for the set IIRC) and I'm very pleased with them. The wood is much nicer than I was expecting and the knives are solidly made. No regrets at all about the knives!

A pleasure GT :) LOL! :D Thank you for the information on the Cannon knives, that sounds like quite a bargain, I'll have to look out for them. I'm always pleased when I find an inexpensive knife that delivers :cool: :thumbsup:

Excellent knife tandem, Jack; the red bone Case Barlow looks superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you my friend, the Barlow was a thoughtful gift from @Peregrin :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1286328
Kids made off with my steel thumbnail last night. Spent the morning making a new can popper/knife pick/scrapey thingy.

Nice replacement Willie :thumbsup:

I carried this Pallés Navaja today. Nice and slim, and easy to open with gloves on! :thumbsup:

l4MfNrx.jpg

q5pr5g1.jpg

Nice to see that one Barrett :D :thumbsup:

Alox of the Week is a 1986 Soldier (thanks, Ken):
View attachment 1286458

non-Alox SAK of the Week is one of three Vic Pocket Pals in the rotation schedule:
View attachment 1286460

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Böker USA electrician (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1286461

- GT

Those are generous gifts GT :) :thumbsup:

Trapper and Toothpick totes for Tuesday. Parker Frost "Mink" (1978 by Schrade) and Queen City #20 (1925-1932).

QOPD12C.jpg

nneFGyL.jpg

tXs06bs.jpg

It wasn't until I was posting these that I noticed reflections of overhead trees in the bolsters and blades that caused me to get the knives out of my pockets and examine them for corrosion (yikes). All's well!
- Stuart

Those both look great Stuart :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas!

I had these two with me today. I hope everyone's week is going well so far.

JUHu93x.jpg

Nice combination Dylan, love the horn on that old Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

A very classic cartoon character indeed! Thank you Jack!!!
You certainly have some astounding "random picks" to go with your HHB; that old French gem is quite impressive!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today a couple of wood wearing Robeson electricians from the 1920s-30s; a civilian in walnut and a serviceman in cocobolo. :)

Thanks JJ, great to see those two Robeson Electrician's Knives together my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd add some wood to my regular carry for Wooden Wednesday ;) Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

VInSOYX.jpg

Trapper and Toothpick totes for Tuesday. Parker Frost "Mink" (1978 by Schrade) and Queen City #20 (1925-1932).

QOPD12C.jpg

nneFGyL.jpg

tXs06bs.jpg

It wasn't until I was posting these that I noticed reflections of overhead trees in the bolsters and blades that caused me to get the knives out of my pockets and examine them for corrosion (yikes). All's well!
- Stuart
You’re on a Jigged Bone roll the last couple of days Stuart! These two are both beautiful examples my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Thank you, fellas!

I had these two with me today. I hope everyone's week is going well so far.

JUHu93x.jpg
A great pairing Dylan! :thumbsup: :cool:

Fine-looking pairing Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd add some wood to my regular carry for Wooden Wednesday ;) Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

VInSOYX.jpg
Thanks for the compliment! :) The HHB’s are mighty fine Jack! :thumbsup:

Back