What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

881 in my pocket as I do some cleaning and touch up the edges on my latest acquisitions...

EFA9-D281-96-BA-463-F-8254-F96-B1-BCB9714.jpg

Not my entire EDC bunch, but a bit of a time machine: clockwise from bottom left…

- Gerber 2050, bought in 1973 in Boulder, Co. Lots of carry/use over the years.
- My Dad’s Case 6254 Trapper he bought in 1980 at a hardware store.
- 1997 Wenger SAK celebrating a motorcycle trip/stop at a Wenger shop in CH
- 2020 GEC 62, a new user that marks my continued enjoyment of a good, useful pocketknife.

Casetc.jpg

I thought this German made stag covered slicer would be nice for Saturday. :)
Always thankful for your kind words, JJ. A fine image of your superb German Stockman. Perfection.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Thank you Gev. Your Wu Wei image is Wowee! Gorgeous knife, too.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Try and keep your powder dry. Great image of your Hartshead in the foreground.

Hail to the Chief!
BTIW0On.jpg

February 22 is Washington's Birthday. Flying my US flag today in honour of the Father of our Country. I heard he carried a Barlow. Bet he would have liked this Sambar stag Hartshead Barlow lambsfoot, a SFO of Jack Black Jack Black .

I wish I could have given him one Vince :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

Fantastic pair, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

EpbvkKw.jpg

yTdH6CX.jpg

Had a great morning tapping trees with my wife and girls
Hope everyone is having a great weekend

You have some great pocket candy there Pete :) Sounds like good fun :) :thumbsup:

Have a Marbles liner lock and Boker scout with me today as I craft some arrows from various wild rose, bamboo and arrow wood viburnum shoots with goose and turkey feathers. This will keep me occupied and outta trouble for the day.;)
View attachment 1288816View attachment 1288817

Nice :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Try and keep your powder dry. Great image of your Hartshead in the foreground.

2019 Shot Show Ebony Case Bose Slimline Trapper
0A751394-D6AB-4FE3-A7AB-19724BE6B5FF_zpsxlx9cin5.jpeg

Thanks a lot buddy, I like that Trapper :cool: :thumbsup:

Stag Saturday.
f7GY4mZ.jpg

Cheers Dave :) :thumbsup:

Spent the morning and part of the afternoon down at the Lewisburg PA knife show, it will also be open tomorrow, there is a LOT of knives there, they take up two banquet rooms, one main room and another large room down the hall from that one so be sure to check both rooms.

I picked up a couple knives there today, this is a beauty, in my eyes at least;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Good to see some of the guys there again, thanks Skip @pa knifeguy for organizing that show.

See the thread about it here in Community

G2

Dreaded double tap, forum seems to be laggy today
G2

Spent the morning and part of the afternoon down at the Lewisburg PA knife show, it will also be open tomorrow, there is a LOT of knives there, they take up two banquet rooms, one main room and another large room down the hall from that one so be sure to check both rooms.

I picked up a couple knives there today, this is a beauty, in my eyes at least;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Good to see some of the guys there again, thanks Skip @pa knifeguy for organizing that show.

See the thread about it here in Community

G2
That’s a great looking knife, Gary. A lot of interesting details. Congratulations.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.

Gevonovich Gevonovich - Thank you Gev.

Thanks to all y'all for the great posts of recent and thanks for the kind comments on my sporadic posts. Further, apologies for my even more sporadic comments and compliments. I'll be better, I know. Have been battling sciatica (and I'm winning) while getting ready for a rabbit hunt this coming morning. I'm providing the lunch in the field and found out late that we have 4 extra guys. Am defrosting extra venison/cheese dogs as I post this. And contemplating six hours of traipsing after bunnies and beagles with my sciatic "friend".

Here's my prep. I'm totin' my Gary Cunningham small game knife and a recently acquired Parker Frost "Mink" trapper:

yuYCIub.jpg

8OZF0CM.jpg

And totin' two 20's 'cause season's ending and I can.

When not prepping today, this is what I was totin' - a Winchester 1927 large lockback trapper, because it was fun.

SI43lxw.jpg

gte96GF.jpg

Here it is with a Case 048 Slim Line for perspective:

MQS0suQ.jpg

VINOng7.jpg

Will be back after the hunt.

- Stuart

Last edited:
Back