What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Ole Smokey today.
KlZqQR3.jpg

nOInaXu.jpg

I know you have plenty of extra work here on The Porch at the moment Gary, thank you :) Cool pics, looks like your @Horsewright pocket sheath is working out pretty well for you :) :thumbsup:
This has become a pretty busy place the last few months. Thanks for the comment on the pic, Jack.
Dave's Buckaroo Pouch is just the ticket. I've got this small and an extra small, and between the two they accommodate most of my pocket knives.

This has become a pretty busy place the last few months. Thanks for the comment on the pic, Jack.
Dave's Buckaroo Pouch is just the ticket. I've got this small and an extra small, and between the two they accommodate most of my pocket knives.

Yes indeed Gary, it's like every day is a weekend for a lot of folks at the moment I guess. Thanks to you, Frank, and our other mods for taking on the extra work :thumbsup: Thanks for the sizing info too my friend :thumbsup:

A vintage carry for today!!
Tested XX 6231 1/2, Rogers bone!!View attachment 1349459

That right there is one of those "perfect knives" - just beautiful Charlie!

It certainly does Bruce, thanks a lot!!! Love your old HSB jr. cattle cigar, really awesome version of the federal shield, too!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you! Appropriately enough that knife was bought in a pawnshop right around the corner from the Fort Worth Stockyards (got all the way to Texas for a weeks stay only to discover I had forgotten to pack a pocketknife - pawnshop was half a block walk from my hotel).

After giving my 303 away yesterday I needed to unbox another and since I already had the oil and such out, this morning was the perfect time. I’ll carry this sweet little single liner knife until mail call then a new 307 will ride for the weekend before heading to the shelf. View attachment 1349944
Get that thang put back together; ya never know when a bull raccoon will get in through the doggie door.

That’s exactly what I don’t need to happen!
That one is my daughters, she wanted the old man to brighten up the front site during my “morning tinkering” as she and the Mrs call it. Being me I went ahead and stripped and cleaned it even though she does a real good job of keeping it in service..
Get that thang put back together; ya never know when a bull raccoon will get in through the doggie door.

Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!

Today’s carry is a special one for me. This is my “Joseph” knife. Joseph is my 10 yr old adopted son. Today we are celebrating the 5th anniversary of his Forever Family Day. This is a huge milestone for us!

We were told by a child psychologist that , because Joseph was an older kid (five years old) when we got him, it would take at least five years for him to feel stable and secure in our home. It has been five good, but long, hard years, and by God’s grace he is definitely stable and locked in to our family.

He has autism and struggles emotionally and socially, but is the sweetest kid you could ever meet. I carry this knife for him because it reminds me to maintain my prayers and hope that God will heal his mind as he grows. And I think it’s awesome that the South Carolina motto is “While I Breathe I Hope”. And as a South Carolina boy through and through, I can get patriotic about my state in a heartbeat!

I’ve been connecting with the Porch community for the last five months and really enjoyed the knife talk, but have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of brotherhood present. I thought this would be the right place to share and celebrate a really good day for me and my family.

I’d say that’s an excellent choice today!

B
y the way, this is a Schrade Walden 1976 4” stockman made for Parker. Minty mint condition!
Congratulations, Jon! Joseph has a great smile, and looks very happy.
And that knife is AWESOME! :cool::thumbsup:

Fine images, as always, Gary.
What does Mr Lloyd call that model? I personally would call it a trapper, but curious.
Thanks, Jeff.
I was lucky to stumble on my favorite pocket knife on the Exchange, so I only know it as a trapper. It is a bit slimmer then other trappers that I have, but not quite a slimline. At 4" it's just a great all around EDC for me.

B
What a great post! I hope that your Joseph continues to thrive with his forever family. That's a great knife to commemorate your success.
I am particularly fond of the name Joseph. It was my paternal grandfather's name and it's my oldest son's name.

B

Jon,
I am so very happy that you and Joseph have been brought together. What a great day for you both. Joseph and the world are better for you in it.
God Bless you and yours my friend.

Last edited:
Back