What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I haven’t posted in a couple of days. We went to the mountains and spent the night Saturday. On Sunday we got to visit @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy! What a treat to see them again. :thumbsup: It’s been since last year at the Rendezvous when we last saw them. We met at their daughter and son-in-laws house in upper East Tennessee. We had wonderful weather and enjoyed our lunch and knife talk on the deck over looking a beautiful lake. I took along a few knives to show Harry. He hadn’t seen any of my 23’s so I took those. I also took two 93’s that I knew were favorites of Harry’s. I even threw in my newest Case just to spice up the conversation. It was a wonderful visit! ;) :D

50367429201_812b814d20_o_d.jpg

I actually was carrying my #23L Beaver Tail and my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone over the weekend. I decided to drop them in my pocket again today so I could clean and oil them before I put them back in the box until their next pocket time comes along! :) I hope y’all have a great day! Stay safe out there wherever you’re at! :) :thumbsup:

50348830852_96aaf34bd8_c_d.jpg

I see pictures like these and think- “yes, I could live in the UK”. I’m surprised they let you have slingshots though... or perhaps it’s aptly named? Haha I know the knife laws are pretty tough there. A buddy of mine had his lockback Confiscated while he was “on holiday”.

beautiful knives as always- big fan of the lambsfoot; I’ve got my eye out for one of dependable quality, hopefully from Sheffield. The A. Wright I bought I gave to a friend, and though it was okay, it wasn’t up to the standard of some that I see posted here. It was certainly good enough for my friend- his first traditional and he loves that thing. Snaps shut like a guillotine and the rosewood scales are pretty.

Slingshots are about the last loophole left I'm afraid Dan :( That's a nice welcome your buddy got o_O Thank you very much, sorry to hear the Lambsfoot you got was lacking, I'm afraid that's the way of things unfortunately, I've given up flogging a dead horse with them I'm afraid. Glad your friend has taken to it though :) :thumbsup:

I’d break out in a cold sweat trying to choose between these two!

LOL! :D Thanks Jeff :D :thumbsup:

How ‘bout some Klein and Sons for Monday?
I’m not totin the pliers, nor am I an electrician, but the three blade electrician’s knife and the pliers were kind of made to go together. At least they were/are together in the electrical aisle in any good hardware store.
The electrician’s knife is not for skinny jeans or yoga pants. I can’t tell who made it- there’s a clunky, cheaper feel to it, although the springs are super robust like a Camillus...
The scales are probably Delrin - they’ve got a different feel to them than my Cammili.
My brother in law works for a lighting and electrical supplier, and about 20-25 years ago, gave me the big folder as a gift. I have carried it a LOT during that time, and liked it so much that I looked for it’s smaller family members as well. The little guy is peanut sized and fits fine in my watch pocket.
Have a good start to the week!View attachment 1423190View attachment 1423191View attachment 1423192View attachment 1423193

Knives apart, those are some very cool pliers :cool: :thumbsup:

A great pairing Jack! Hope you have a great week my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot pal, you too :) :thumbsup:

I haven’t posted in a couple of days. We went to the mountains and spent the night Saturday. On Sunday we got to visit @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy! What a treat to see them again. :thumbsup: It’s been since last year at the Rendezvous when we last saw them. We met at their daughter and son-in-laws house in upper East Tennessee. We had wonderful weather and enjoyed our lunch and knife talk on the deck over looking a beautiful lake. I took along a few knives to show Harry. He hadn’t seen any of my 23’s so I took those. I also took two 93’s that I knew were favorites of Harry’s. I even threw in my newest Case just to spice up the conversation. It was a wonderful visit! ;) :D

50367429201_812b814d20_o_d.jpg

I actually was carrying my #23L Beaver Tail and my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone over the weekend. I decided to drop them in my pocket again today so I could clean and oil them before I put them back in the box until their next pocket time comes along! :) I hope y’all have a great day! Stay safe out there wherever you’re at! :) :thumbsup:

50348830852_96aaf34bd8_c_d.jpg

Sounds like a great weekend my friend, nice show and tell :) :thumbsup:

I can’t tell who made it- there’s a clunky, cheaper feel to it, although the springs are super robust like a Camillus...
The scales are probably Delrin - they’ve got a different feel to them than my Cammili.
I think it's one of Utica's Chinese-made lines.

I have a standard, 2 blade, Klein electricians knife with the same scales. I believe it was made by Utica, but mine says, "Made in USA". I have no idea as to its age since I picked it up used at a gun show a few years ago.

Carrying the Bolus for micarta Monday
DSCN1125.JPG

Good selection Ron, I'm sure Harry liked seeing 'em. I know I'm enjoying the view. I'm especially partial to the Mesquite.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm carrying yesterday's choice again today too. Hard for me to leave this old friend behind when he travels so well.

photo taken on yesterday's walk
o6f4ffL.jpg

A lovely pile of knives. Glad you had a good trip and visit. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you John! :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great weekend my friend, nice show and tell :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! We enjoyed seeing our friends again. The weather was outstanding. It was a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

Good selection Ron, I'm sure Harry liked seeing 'em. I know I'm enjoying the view. I'm especially partial to the Mesquite.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm carrying yesterday's choice again today too. Hard for me to leave this old friend behind when he travels so well.

photo taken on yesterday's walk
o6f4ffL.jpg
Thanks a lot! Harry was fond of the Mesquite too! If he didn’t already have one I wouldn’t have let mine out of my sight! ;) Your Muskrat is a fine ole Schrade. I’m sure it’s a great carry! :) :thumbsup:

I have a standard, 2 blade, Klein electricians knife with the same scales. I believe it was made by Utica, but mine says, "Made in USA". I have no idea as to its age since I picked it up used at a gun show a few years ago.

Carrying the Bolus for micarta Monday
View attachment 1423230
I’ll have to compare it to one of my Uticas. This one says :
KLEIN TOOLS
CHICAGO USA, which is ambiguous as to where it was made. So who knows?

Nice knives posted, folks! Have a great week!
I've got my Halfrich Small Rounder with me today. This really is the perfect all around carry, and it's built like a tank. Reminds me that fall is just around the corner, tomorrow to be exact.
v2vFoAa.jpg
I've never heard of Halfrich (not that unusual. Lots of makers I haven't heard of). Its a beauty :thumbsup:

That’s a beautiful knife Vince! Congratulations my friend! Hope you and your family are safe from the storm approaching the Texas coast!
Thanks, Ron. I don't keep up with the weather much. My wife keeps telling me "there's another storm [or hurricane] in the Gulf." Heard they went through the alphabet and are using the Greek alphabet now. So far this year, we have been lucky.

I’ll have to compare it to one of my Uticas. This one says :
KLEIN TOOLS
CHICAGO USA, which is ambiguous as to where it was made. So who knows?
On mine the "Made in USA" is hidden by the linerlock when closed and the bolster when open. You have to get the blade positioned just right to see it. This is not a great pic, but the S.A. of Made in U.S.A. can be seen...
KleinTangStamp.JPG

I've never heard of Halfrich (not that unusual. Lots of makers I haven't heard of). Its a beauty :thumbsup:
Thanks, it's a great knife, 3 5/8" with a CPM-154 blade that is the sharpest knife I've owned.
I don't know what he's up to right now, but he's a great maker. I've had my Rounder for 10 years now.
Here's an older thread that might interest you, Jerry Halfrich Knives...

Back