What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Cool metal lockback! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: All stainless steel?
- GT
Thanks! Yep, it's 3", all stainless steel, solid lockup, and a whopping $4.99 (plus tax). They also have the same knife with brass handles for a couple of bucks more. Maybe I need a set.........:rolleyes:

2IR7btl.jpg

I love that pairing Ron :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Your #26 looks good with your AC too Ron ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that your Sunday is peaceful and relaxing :) :thumbsup:

The weather report from Yorkshire ;) :D :thumbsup:

aEIeHES.jpg
Thanks Jack! :thumbsup: The pairing works out great. I hope you're having a great weekend so far! :) :thumbsup:

Couple of elegant ebony carries for the holiday, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary. Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your Thanksgiving plans, Ron. :( I hope you and Pam were able to have an enjoyable one nonetheless.

I like that Opinel, Ron! :cool: I always wish they did some of those interesting/unique handle materials with carbon blades.

I enjoyed everyone’s Thanksgiving posts. We had a low-key day and a nice meal (turkey, scalloped potatoes, bacon-wrapped green beans, cranberry relish, crescent rolls and pumpkin pie). I didn’t take a single knife photo on Thanksgiving, but this is what I had in my pocket (a gift from @Âchillepattada, for which I am very thankful).

aBcnvDp.jpg

Going with this Bull Nose today (old photo, as it’s early here and still dark out).

J5P49VE.jpg
Thank you Barrett! We had a very nice Thanksgiving at home. I hope y'all had a nice one as well! :) Thanks for the Opi compliment. You're exactly right! No premium woods in Carbone, at least that I can find anyway. :( I just bought a No. 8 in Walnut, no pictures yet! ;) Two great knives there Barrett! The gift form  is a beautiful knife. I think Vince has one in Stag. Both are beautiful knives! A great Bull Nose also! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett :) Like yourself, Duncan is a very generous :) That's a great pic my friend, it brings back some happy memories. From what I remember of Duncan's giveaway, and the whole adventure, he did have one of those knives with him, either the original or the replacement, and he would have had it in the pub too. When I checked my photos, he had this one hen we visited Stan Shaw, so either my memory is incorrect, or he was festooned with TCs ;) :D :thumbsup:

YBH7EHD.jpg

I'm glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving buddy :) Sorry to hear about Christmas, and I hope you all have a very happy one nonetheless :) :thumbsup:

All of my own TC Barlows have been in The Fat Cat many times of course ;) :thumbsup:

EUrI1Wv.jpg
What a wonderful photo of Stan and Duncan! :cool: Terrific TC Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you.

To each his own, my friend. I'll be content to go at least another year without being served any more gloopy casseroles.

This wooden pair was calling to me.
DOJ2sGb.jpg
Terrific pairing there Rachel! :) :thumbsup:

These two are becoming good friends and want to hang out together as often as possible.
Good friends and a versatile pairing John! :) :thumbsup:

The Bladeforums 2020 Viper hits the spot.View attachment 1463878
Great photo Alan! :thumbsup:

To continue Duncan’s travel log, the TC went from New Zealand to Minnesota, then back to England (London, Sheffield, Bath, Cardiff and down to Jurassic coast), and then back to Minnesota. Hopefully it won’t be too long before I can take it somewhere else.

XMj58yT.jpg

Edited to add: Cardiff, of course, is in Wales, not England. Perhaps I should’ve said “the U.K.” :D
Great photo Barrett! :) :thumbsup:

The Sound of Silence

50660843342_c8792e0fe3_b.jpg

Classics, both of them! :cool: Thanks for the link to that rendition of a timeless song Gev! :) :thumbsup:

Recovering from a 11 hour drive back home yesterday after a very enjoyable Thanksgiving week in SC at my oldest daughters home. The wife and I took 5 grandkids hiking and viewing waterfalls on Friday, beautiful scenery. A Case Bros. whittler and a Queen 4L opened snacks for the tribe.:)
View attachment 1463904 View attachment 1463905 View attachment 1463906
Outstanding family photos and great knives to boot! :) :thumbsup:

Pam and I were able to meet up with Jeff Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund along with his lovely wife and daughter at a local Cracker Barrell for breakfast this morning. Jeff and his family are traveling back home after returning their granddaughters back home to Georgia. I reached out to Jeff and we were able to meet. It was a wonderful time and a great visit. The only problem was it had to be a short visit. We all had a great time and could have talked for hours! :) When I got back home I dropped these two in my pocket for the rest of the day. Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50661177892_0f3728f39d_o.jpg

My sympathies to you and yours, Jeff, for depriving yourself of one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions! :eek:;):rolleyes:

- GT
:D Well, Ron, Half/Stop Half/Stop has suggested that perhaps I’m just not doing it right, which is a distinct possibility!:oops:
But I must brag about how my 24 pounder turned out on the smoker ~ took five hours, but OH MY GOODNESS!:cool:

Thank you.

To each his own, my friend. I'll be content to go at least another year without being served any more gloopy casseroles.

This wooden pair was calling to me.
DOJ2sGb.jpg
“Gloopy casseroles” :D
Hey ~ Mrs Fleschwund looked at your post, pointed at your Barlow, and said “that’s a real pretty knife”.
Lemme tell ya, when she notices, much less comments on a knife, it must be a dandy.;)

Recovering from a 11 hour drive back home yesterday after a very enjoyable Thanksgiving week in SC at my oldest daughters home. The wife and I took 5 grandkids hiking and viewing waterfalls on Friday, beautiful scenery. A Case Bros. whittler and a Queen 4L opened snacks for the tribe.:)
View attachment 1463904 View attachment 1463905 View attachment 1463906
Nice looking crew, there, Greg!
We’re on the way home right now.
There sure is some beautiful country between n. Ga and n. Illinois!

Nice Laguiole there Vince. :thumbsup: I've been looking! ;)

Nice Northfield Workhorse Travis! :) :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday!
Along with my very predictable EDC Boker Nessmi, my Sunday carry usually includes my Laguiole. The reason seems obvious to me.
TEZClQh.jpg
Great knives and photo Gary! Another very nice Laguiole. :thumbsup: Y'all are going to get me in trouble if you keep posting these beauties! ;) :thumbsup:

:D Well, Ron, Half/Stop Half/Stop has suggested that perhaps I’m just not doing it right, which is a distinct possibility!:oops:
But I must brag about how my 24 pounder turned out on the smoker ~ took five hours, but OH MY GOODNESS!:cool:

“Gloopy casseroles” :D
Hey ~ Mrs Fleschwund looked at your post, pointed at your Barlow, and said “that’s a real pretty knife”.
Lemme tell ya, when she notices, much less comments on a knife, it must be a dandy.;)

Nice looking crew, there, Greg!
We’re on the way home right now.
There sure is some beautiful country between n. Ga and n. Illinois!
Don't text and drive Jeff! :rolleyes: Be safe out there my friend and have a great trip home! :) :thumbsup:

Pam and I were able to meet up with Jeff Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund along with his lovely wife and daughter at a local Cracker Barrell for breakfast this morning. Jeff and his family are traveling back home after returning their granddaughters back home to Georgia. I reached out to Jeff and we were able to meet. It was a wonderful time and a great visit. The only problem was it had to be a short visit. We all had a great time and could have talked for hours! :) When I got back home I dropped these two in my pocket for the rest of the day. Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50661177892_0f3728f39d_o.jpg
Thanks for breakfast, Ron!
Really great to see you again, buddy, and so glad Vickie got to meet you and Pam! After we pulled back on the road, she said “that was fun, and you’re right. Ron and Pam are really nice folks!”

Edit: Don’t text and drive ~ not even on the straighaways!
Don’t worry ~ taking a break in the co-pilot’s seat right now...

Thought y’all might like this sign Ron noticed in the restaurant~View attachment 1463963

Last edited:
Thanks for breakfast, Ron!
Really great to see you again, buddy, and so glad Vickie got to meet you and Pam! After we pulled back on the road, she said “that was fun, and you’re right. Ron and Pam are really nice folks!”
Well thanks Jeff! :) Pam and I really enjoyed it too. Vickie is right, it was fun. We'll definitely do it again someday! :cool: Lol Pam said the very same thing about you guys being nice folks too! :) :thumbsup:

That one always grabs my attention, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The bone, the bolsters, the pattern all tickle my fancy! ;)

- GT

Thank you, Gary. :)

Thanks buddy, it rained all day uunfortunately, but still got a few miles in :) :thumbsup:

upGpTLZ.jpg

That's a great pic Dean (though I'm afraid I accidentally deleted it from my post :( ) :cool: :thumbsup:

aEIeHES.jpg

Thank you, Jack. I'm glad you got to hike a bit at least. Your favorite Barlow sure does get around!

Noteworthy example, Dean; the scratted covers always appeal to me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thanks again, Gary. :):)

What's the saying? "That one punches above its weight!" :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Hope you had a safe and enjoyable holiday, Dean!

Thanks for the trapper comment, Dean, and for your definition of "exquisite", which got me inquisitive about the etymology of "exquisite" and "inquisitive" and "acquisition" and "prerequisite", which all seem to be based on a Latin verb for "to seek". :):cool:

XL-ent old friend, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, once more, for your kind comments, Gary. And now the requisite smiles: :):):D

Back