What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The tang stamp has the "case xx stainless usa" but also the 10 dots... Is it a '69 or a '70?
Looks used up but has great snap...gonna try to get it sharp again (what's left of it lol) Got this knife from my husband's great grandfather
20210115-153045.jpg

Well worn for sure but a nice carry:thumbsup: at first glance I thought it was a Doctor's knife that had been very much in the field, how's the Spatula got so worn down? Then I realized it was a Trapper with the Spey worn to a splinter...:eek: 50 year old gelding iron :D

Despite it being very far from pruning weather here and lolling indoors all day cooking food ;) I really like Pruners of all types and this one in particular is always on the bookcase to admire. Had it in the pocket and it slices open a big Orange or other citrus in a second, one of my visitors enjoyed a Vodka Orange cocktail.

WbPiWxB.jpg

View attachment 1492214 View attachment 1492216 View attachment 1492217 View attachment 1492215

Totin’ something different today.

JD Ware works his magic from the Yucatán Penninsula. While almost everyone else is replicating the same patterns over and over, JD makes truly unique knives. They are both contemporary and timeless; a rare combination. His knives are completely hand made and his workmanship is second to none.

I like knowing he is down there in Mexico living his life exactly the way he wants to.

Last edited:
Both are quite nice but shadow patterns are especially appealing to me. I suppose they're not as robust and more susceptible to damage from drops but they sure are lookers! :cool:
Thanks Michael!!! The Crucible shadow is fairly robust, but the Robeson "PocketEze" is a tad dainty (blades are ground very thin!)

Peanut-like knife this week is a Camillus #21 (thanks, Mike):
camillus-21-mark-open-jpg.1491942

Stag/Horn knife this week is a big stag lockback Joker:
bigstaglb-mark-open-jpg.1491934

Lambsfoot this week is a Hartshead Barlow, a Jack Black SFO. I call mine LamBarJack:
hhb2-mark-vflat-bootside-jpg.1491944
Very cool threesome Gary; your LamBarJack is especially appealing!:cool::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Busy day for me yesterday and never posted my pic of yesterdays pairing, a 2008 #54 Harness Jack and an older KeenKutter jack.
For today I selected a Boker Club Knife and a Tidioute #29 Stockyard Whittler to pocket. Have a great weekend porch folk.:)
View attachment 1492009 View attachment 1492010
My Tidiute 54 Jack is jealous of that swedge!
Phenomenal pitch black pair, Jeff; I especially like that EO teardrop! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Thanks, Gary! My Grandpa carried an identical knife. I have it now, but the secondary’s spring is broken, and it’s retired in honor. I casually looked for one for years until I saw this carryable version of Grandpa’s knife. Here it is with his ancient Speingfield double:

View attachment 1492225
Nice to see someone else using a big SAK! My big Wenger has been on my belt for the last month or so.
A new-to-me Old Timer 33OT. @Old Hunter posted his previously, and then @JohnDF commented how much he liked his. Then I noticed that the pen blade sits in front of the clip so both nicks are on the same side and well...I "had" to have one. First time in the pocket today.

ETA: the angle of this sort of hides the closed pen blade, sorry. I was angling for the light/shadows.

IMG-2865b.jpg
A 33 and 293 were the first new pocket knives I ever bought ~ back in the 70’s.
May it serve you well.

My Tidiute 54 Jack is jealous of that swedge!

Thanks, Gary! My Grandpa carried an identical knife. I have it now, but the secondary’s spring is broken, and it’s retired in honor. I casually looked for one for years until I saw this carryable version of Grandpa’s knife. Here it is with his ancient Speingfield double:

View attachment 1492225

Thanks, Jeff. BTW nice knife and shotgun.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back