What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That shield and jigged bone are so cool. :cool::thumbsup:

I can't help it... it's just too nice not to carry. :D

I see you have your own Micarta beauty today. :cool::thumbsup:

That's cool too Mike :) :thumbsup:

They're easily confused ;) :D :thumbsup:

LAYOkY1.jpg
Thanks John and Jack! I’m really impressed by this smallish Queen-made pen knife.

Well, I got some of the white :poop: on my car:
2CpitEi.jpg

That was about midnight, but it's still there and we are without power in 19 degree weather. :eek::mad::thumbsdown:

Best wishes to you and others in the path of this one, hope you all have a way to stay warm, and hopefully they can get your power back as soon as possible.

I grew up in TX, and remember a time in the early '70s when we would get at least one ice storm a winter, often times 2 or 3, and lose power. I still hate ice storms with a passion to this day.

Easy to stay warm with so much love in one house. Enjoy your time with the girls!
So true! It’s tough to have 3 grandkids 800 miles in one direction, and 2 with a third on the way 1000 miles in the opposite direction. And we can’t leave here because all four of our parents~all in their 80’s~ are here.
I see the day coming when one or more of them could be moving in with us.
But whenever the girls in Georgia have week off of school, I’m likely to head down and get them! And pre-covid, we flew and got them, then all flew out to Colorado to all be together. We’ve done that twice, and had a third planned for last year that we had to cancel.
French Toast - easy, good, and fun to eat! I like your NYKC edition of the Schrade Scrimshaw. OH
Thank, Bruce!
Carrying my little Otter hippekniep again today.
Took this pic yesterday on our walk.
The chickadees all appeared healthy and well fed. :) ( plenty of folks bringing them lots of food this winter )

6SALIEZ.jpg
Of all the freeloaders that visit my feeders, the Black Capped Chickadees are the friendliest. They’re the only ones who eat while I’m right there, but never got one to land on my hand!
This year, unfortunately, we have not seen our usual Rose Breasted Grosbeaks! We usually have four or five pairs all winter.

Beautiful Christopher Johnson and a classic SAK JJ :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!!
Have a good week folks :) Starting mine off with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Metal Monday Sleeveboard :thumbsup:

hzIt13A.jpg

3BwzaX2.jpg
Your Hartshead looks awesome in your image, great shot; your classic "Metal Monday" ad knife looks like the old office knives of the day, only cooler!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very good... repeat as needed. :D
But we've run out of football for a while, right? ;)

Thanks. It was the first thing that popped into my head when your question made me stop and really look at the sheepsfoot. o_O
:D:thumbsup:

Thanks! I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that it was weird rooting for Brady at first after rooting against him for 20 years, sports can be weird!:D
Ain't that the truth! :eek::rolleyes:

Today’s favourite, the warmth of a red bone canoe.
View attachment 1508742
Have a great day all:thumbsup:
Sublime old canoe! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
I have one very similar, and I think it's the only knife I own that I can't bring myself to use (yet). ;)

Thanks for the kind words my friend, the Bantam was a gift from former member @scruffuk, who lives near me :) Makes for a very slim package :thumbsup:
Thanks for the story, Jack. :):thumbsup:

Today I carry this Portuguese Curel "Bandido" in acrylic.;):thumbsup:
The acrylic handles are very handsome, José and Mike! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1508865 I am several pages behind, 500 miles from home, and will be returning with my three lovely grand daughters to brighten, and totally mess up our house for a week.
Safe travels and good times with the kids! :):thumbsup::cool: Do they have winter coats??

HJ and a Stockman

peC0ecC.jpg
Superb pair, Steve; unbelievable bone on your Case! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

By special request (of JohnDF JohnDF ): SAMMICH CLEAVING!! :D ;) :thumbsup:

qefkxJc.jpg

W:cool:W! Well and truly cleaved, Jack! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: Can you get a 2-handed grip on that cleaver and start your stroke high above (or even behind) your head??

Splendid stag drop point!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Toting a couple of Schrade slicers today. :)
That Schrade pair is always a treat, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Great photo, Dean; the snow patch looks rather canine to me! ;):cool::cool:

Lovely matching colors on leather and bone! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today’s bone chillin’ tag-a-long

View attachment 1509575
A great day to all and stay warm and safe out there :thumbsup:
Wondrous Black Box Whittler! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary, I reckon it's always been a Spearpoint, but just a little longer and fuller :thumbsup:
It looks good! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I was hoping for an exciting story on a cold winter night, but life doesn't always provide those "on demand". ;)

Nice Viper, Dan. Mine was gifted to me by @Fixall. It's going in my pocket today along with my HHB.
View attachment 1509646
Congrats, Bill! With that ram's horn and your stag HHB, you have a couple of good-looking folders! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sweet sassy molassy! I enjoyed those exclamations, GT. :D

This is an old photo, but I’m carrying this single-clip #15 today. Something red seemed appropriate. :thumbsup:
Rousing, Cupidy red, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Glad you enjoyed my "cries for help"! :rolleyes: Shoveling snow has rattled my brain, and too much cold drives a man insane. ;) Of course, you've been having much colder weather than I have. :eek:

Hunkered down waiting for warmer weather. Might be a while.:eek:

https://i.imgur.com/Fgyu2JU.jpg[/img]']https://i.imgur.com/2X80q6U.jpg[/img]']
First-class Barlow, Les! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

It's Katalox, or commonly called Mexican Royal Ebony.
Thanks, John; I learned something new! :)

Heading to a family birthday party with something simple in my pocket.
That's a striking SBJr!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hello all--

These two today...
KE9JVO6l.jpg
You win the size differential prize of the day! :eek:;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case XX red bone Jack and OD micarta SAK Recruit:)
tdzjmp.jpg
Those both seem rare and fascinating to me, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary! Your quaint comments today are the Cat's Meow. :thumbsup::D
It's kind of you to say so, Dean. :)

I'm carrying my Case Damascus blue bone Teardrop today.

View attachment 1509892
Dramatic Damascus! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Totin around this old Challenge Cut Co bullet end jack some today
wvUIPYd.jpg
I'm a big fan of that pattern, and the bone on yours is magical! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

- GT

Back