What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Thank you very much!:)

Jerbhola89 likes this.
  2. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Getting the grill ready for steaks with my most used blade--the Dave Beck Forager. Curls to light, with sparks off a ferro rod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
  4. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Off into a cozy evening with this beauty...
    A wonderful Sunday nite to all.
    6F51786E-E4E5-4C74-9872-5ACF30931CC0.jpeg

5. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    GEC ebony Harness Jack and SAK Apprentice today:)
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Reaper AL, btb01 and 39 others like this.
  7. Fire King

Fire King Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2020
    [​IMG]
    The SPEW in the wild

Reaper AL, sunknife, RDaneel and 23 others like this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I almost forgot to post the last 3 knives from this past week's carry (a new group rotates in tomorrow for the week ahead).
    Peanut-like knife since last Monday has been a Case CV chestnut jigged bone Peanut:
    chestnut.mark.open.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week has been a buffalo horn GEC #85 (thanks, Paul):
    EO85.mark.2open.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week has been Black Jack, my Jack Black SFO 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot:
    BJ.kitchensill.jpg

- GT

9. rcs86

rcs86 Wanna be lawn master/duck hunter Platinum Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Your lamb foot is looking nice! The jigging on those is so unique. When I carry mine I find myself having it out just to look at constantly.

Will Power and Un-Chained like this.
  10. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Three stunners for you today, Gary; cool covers on the entire trifecta! :cool::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Un-Chained likes this.
  11. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I believe that test proves you are a stable genius. ;)
    Thanks, GT. I've never seen that before, either. I stepped around the plant very carefully, afraid the ice would break off before I got a picture, but it was pretty thick.
    Pairing the 'shunkle' with basic black today.
    [​IMG]

12. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Stupendous patina packed trio, GT!

13. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    That is what i was told !!! I have the brains of a horse.;).

Trvr, scrteened porch and r8shell like this.
  14. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Reaper AL, Spaten and 31 others like this.
  15. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Great looking knives, especially that little peanut! I really like mine too, but the color of yours is fantastic!;)

Cool picture, really shows of the beautiful grain in those Osage covers!:thumbsup:

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Joshua, I use the same technique :D :thumbsup:

Thank you John, stunning Sunday pair there :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info Tony, I'll have to check them out :) :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss, your grandma sounds like a fine lady. That's a nice keepsake :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I layered up to sit out round the fire-pit last night, and had a total of 31 pockets! :eek: No wonder I couldn't find my gloves when I came back in :rolleyes: :D I'll be interested to see your walking sticks Gary, I have quite a few, including a couple of really old ones. Being tall, my two shop-bought staffs are shorter than I would like, so I decided to make one more to my liking :thumbsup:

Hope your little 'un is better soon Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the kind words JJ, what a superb pair of Sunday Scouts :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's another fantastic-looking FB Tony :cool: I did my fire-prep last night with a humble Enzo Elver :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

LOvely old Robeson :) :thumbsup:

Handsome pair Paul :) :thumbsup:

Terrific trio Gary :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Nice pair Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a great weekend :) I'm starting off my week with my trusty Hartshead Barlow and a German Jack for Metal Monday ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Reaper AL, Spaten and 28 others like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with this Portuguese knife of craftsman Veríssimo from Miranda do Douro, in stag.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Un-Chained

Feb 4, 2021
    Today, my usual for a Monday smile or two.
    FB3F19DB-11EE-409F-8F07-FAFF96338F9A.jpeg

peanutsxx, Reaper AL, Spaten and 28 others like this.
  19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Your lambsfoot knives are beauties, Bill! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: With that one, I can hear the bagpipes skirling. ;)

Prestigious pair, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Do they fight over who gets to ride in the pocket slip?

So a Fieldmaster will be fine reminder of a great family story about Mom & Dad! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    (When I tried to determine the optimal SAK for me, I only looked at the Tinker "side of the SAK family" with backside Phillips driver; had no use for a corkscrew, so I didn't even look at the Spartan "descendants". Ironically, in picking up secondhand SAKs at gun and knife shows, I've ended up with a Huntsman, the corkscrew Fieldmaster counterpart. :rolleyes:)

Fine tribute to your grandma! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Treasure those keepsakes she gave you!

A fortunate find like that will have you going back for more! ;):cool::cool:

When I saw the box you posted, I thought, "That number should be easy for me to remember: first 2 digits make the only 2-digit perfect number, and last 2 digits are my birth year." So then I looked at a photo of mine and the model number is 2857. So now I wonder if I really have the same Black Box Winchester as you posted (my eyes are less than reliable these days o_O).
    jack.2857.pile.open.jpg

Sounds like your son is raising some interesting livestock! :):cool: I've walked at least 6 miles each day except 5 since last March 11, both for exercise and sanity, but almost all of mine has been "urban hiking" through neighborhoods within 3 miles of my house.

Thanks for the additional info about your knives. :) I have a wood and a stag navaja de campaña from JJ Martinez, but both are inox (despite my daughter specifically requesting carbon in a shop in Granada, over the salesman's objections :mad:).

Captivating couple of Camillus scouts, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks for the "weather report", Steve. :) That American Jack is an attractive beast! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Admirable single-blade sowbelly, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the encouraging words, gentlemen. :)

Inspired pairing, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The glitter above the ebony reminds me of the Milky Way spreading through the blackness of otherwise relatively-empty night sky!

:D:D:D

Cheerful color and splendid grain! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

31 pockets filled with knives would be quite a workout, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great photo of your HHB with watery background, and interesting German all-metal example! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    My only "cane" near completion is this red oak branch. The bend at the top is a serviceable handle, although I'm considering topping it with some kind of pipe joint from the hardware store for a better grip. I have a rubber tip on the bottom.
    electrician.cane.fulllength.jpg

Superb knife, José; I always enjoy seeing that one! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

20. Un-Chained

Feb 4, 2021
    Gary, your eyes are better than mine!
    My black box Winchester is indeed a 15 2857 as the tang is stamped like yours, and not a 15 2851.
    Must have been a mix up somewhere down the line. I do have the proper box liner, yet incorrect box top it seems. Good catch!