What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That's a fine old Barehead Jack. I still consider them the Platonic Ideal of Pocket Knives. :):thumbsup:

The idea of of a barehead jack better encapsulates the true nature of a pocket knife than the actual physical knife itself?
Maybe that’s why I can vicariously enjoy all y’all’s knives without actually getting my grubby paws on them.

@5K Qs ~
Thanks, Gary! Hope you’re having a great day.

TitanIIPlanetag-1.jpg
Neat piece of memorabilia. I don’t think they ever sold pieces of our LGM-30B. (I do still have my missile badge, though.) Nice knife, too.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Once again, great knives and fantastic pictures. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks once more pal :) :thumbsup:

Striking pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: There's an old song about diamonds being a girl's best friend, but that scratted handle on the Ancient TC shows that diamonds can be friendly to folks of ANY gender! ;)

I definitely feel fortunate to still have my first knife, Jack. :)
I've really never used the Mora, but I hope in about a month I'll have more time on my hands and can try it out on a whittling project or two. :cool::thumbsup:
Lot of blade (and handle ;)) diversity in your lambsfoot/moose combo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks Gary, trying to cover all the boxes! :D Happy whittling my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. That cigar pattern looks really good with the propeller shield doesn’t it? The symmetry pulls it all together.

It's a knife I never fail to enjoy carrying Joshua :) Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

I could, but right now it's like Shrodinger's box... It could be full of treasures or full of rusted crap. ;)
I would like to see my old Science Patrol costume again though. :D
I don't know what a Science Patrol costume is, but if you find your old one, please show it off!
The idea of of a barehead jack better encapsulates the true nature of a pocket knife than the actual physical knife itself?
Maybe that’s why I can vicariously enjoy all y’all’s knives without actually getting my grubby paws on them.
Something like that. When I hear the term "pocket knife" I picture in my mind the perfect Barehead Jack. :)

I hope everyone's having a fine Sunday. Sadly, we are far from the sea, but perhaps The Narwhal can help to open bags of potting soil.
xnKa5y0.jpg

Those darn cats!!:eek: We gotta go feed em again today. Thank goodness this is the last day.:thumbsup: They're not too bad actually. The gray and white one stays under the bed and just pokes it's head out and hisses. The black one comes out and sniffs around to make sure the food is to it's liking.:rolleyes: Actually, I like the black one because like me, it doesn't have any lower teeth.:rolleyes: Since they behaved yesterday, I won't need anything bigger than this stout Scout Trapper today.

u65Rc5d.jpg

From The Pantheon of Knife Gods :cool:

Superb topography ;)

Regards, Will
High praise! Thank you, Will.

That’s some magnificent mop. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm not sure it will fit me any more, I was 10 when my mom made it for me. :D
I was a HUGE fan of the show and wanted a Science Patrol costume for Halloween, so she made it for me. :cool::thumbsup:
Is that Ultra Man?
Thanks, OH. Who needs a spey blade, right?
JohnDF JohnDF does. Two of them even!:eek:

I fiddled around with the double spey Stockman most of the morning.
Fixed the blade edge, filed the kick, washed and oiled it up. It's in pretty good shape now.
By mid-morning, I'm ready for a switch. I like non-work days where there isn't a restriction on knife size.

I fiddled around with the double spey Stockman most of the morning.
Fixed the blade edge, filed the kick, washed and oiled it up. It's in pretty good shape now.
By mid-morning, I'm ready for a switch. I like non-work days where there isn't a restriction on knife size.
Beautiful bone on that one John, and a great looking blade!:thumbsup:

Back