What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I carried my sepia barlow with my sepia rope today.
ZUg8QqV.jpg

5iUGowU.jpg

This Otter 3 rivet showed up yesterday. It's an interesting knife for sure and the materials are nice but for some reason I feel unsure about this one.
Is that the grenadil model?… If so, I’ll take it off your hands if you’re still on the fence. 😁 I like mine so much I’d love to pick up a spare, and it would be nice not having to order from Germany. 😩

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ?
hkgtdzV.jpg
Colorful quartet of copperheads! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

This one will age elegantly.

1gTvNoS.jpg
That sawcut osage orange is fabulous! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well today’s carry will be as an assistant as the cherries are now ripe for the pickin’. Strawberry’s a good’un for the company…
View attachment 1587254
A fruitful day to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Such bright, vibrant colors in your photo, Gus! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That groove down the handle of your stag lambsfoot is unforgettable! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1587277
I’m taking four girls to play miniature golf today. And maybe ice cream afterward. Hope I have enough knife.
Sounds like a fun time, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool: With that pair of knives and a putter, you must have been invincible!;)

1950s "King-Kong" (unknown maker)

View attachment 1587281
You certainly have an amazing variety of Douk-Douks! 😲:cool::cool:

I'm having troubles with my email today.
I took new pictures of today's carries, but can't send them from my phone.
So you all will have to settle for re-posted pictures of my Usual Lamb and my Osage #73

Lovely ligneous pair, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (I have no objections to re-posted photos, since that's what I use over 90% of the time, I think.:rolleyes:)

I like that Imperial Scout... looks nice and thin for a Scout knife.
Four Knives of Note my friend, but I particularly admire your Imperial Scout, very cool :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, John & Jack. :) It's a standard 2-spring scout set up (spear, awl, can opener, screwdriver/bottle opener), but I suppose the flat sides on the covers make it a little thinner than a scout knife with rounded covers like bone, wood, or delrin typically are.

Back from the vet, wallet lighter, boy dog missing one entire nail on his front left wheel
... and currently knocked the heck out.

Calls for a knockout carry today. Northwoods Presidential will do.
QKfSjZn.jpg

1dP4ujS.jpg
You're certainly right about the red bone Presidential being a knockout, and the dog in the photo seems to be feeling no pain! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Taking a break, fish aren’t cooperating so far anyway. 😊 Carrying this one today.View attachment 1587346
This is usually a productive stretch, but not so far today. Wasn’t very crowded, had the whole stretch to myself, now I know why. 😉View attachment 1587347
Looks like a great spot to spend some time, Todd, whether or not you meet cooperative fish! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Are fishermen superstitious? Have you ever fished with your relatively-new Texas jack? Maybe it's just not a lucky fishing knife. :eek:

That's a boss Böker stockman, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My totes for today are a trapper and a toothpick, both wearing acrylic. :)
Tasty golden toothpick, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Queen #10 and a Calf Roper

EY3jQPF.jpg
Outstanding brace of brown bone beauties, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

I'm getting a kick outta your cool Roy Rodgers gear, all cowboy all the time.
Thanks, stay tuned for today"s Totes. :)
Love the braided hondo... haven't seen those in a while.
Wonderful pair, Harry. 🤠:thumbsup:
Lovely ligneous pair, John!
Thank you, GT. :)
The best of the run, as far as I'm concerned. 🤠:thumbsup:
Wonderful. 🤠:thumbsup:

Great photo!! Is that a James Green fiberglass rod? Splendid!!
That would be sweet, it’s a McFarland. Funny story about James Green though, I actually sold him a rod! 😄
Looks like a great spot to spend some time, Todd, whether or not you meet cooperative fish! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Are fishermen superstitious? Have you ever fished with your relatively-new Texas jack? Maybe it's just not a lucky fishing knife. :eek:
- GT
Well, on Mon. Wed. and Fri. I put my right leg into my waders first, then I put my left boot on first, and then I tie up my right boot first. All other days I reverse the process. Unless I’m fishing streamers, but I don’t feel like the superstitious type Gary!
😂😂😂
The fishing turned really good, so the Jack is a lucky fishing knife after all. 😄👍

Back