What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I carried my Alox SAK today. My parents came over for a little bbq. It was a fun night with my parents, who I haven’t spent enough time with lately.

HqwtBDJ.jpg

The Giants winning the series against the Dodgers was the icing on the cake for the weekend. Happy Labor Day.

Hi Jack, why sad smiley for A. Harrison knife above? :oops:
Your Guardians Lambsfoot SFO is really nice user :thumbsup:Tom
Hi Tomas, because it's a copy of my 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO :( My design, and I paid for and was promised exclusivity (as were those who bought that knife) :( Thank you very much, that one was from 2018. Sadly, there won't be anymore Guardians SFOs made by that company, for reasons I'm sure you can understand :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Tomas, because it's a copy of my 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO :( My design, and I paid for and was promised exclusivity (as were those who bought that knife) :( Thank you very much, that one was from 2018. Sadly, there won't be anymore Guardians SFOs made by that company, for reasons I'm sure you can understand :thumbsup:
Hi Jack, thank you for your answer. I have to say I was not aware of that history around this knife. I am not origial owner, I have bought this knife six months ago in pair with spear version. I was told that it was custom work of standard Wright's Lambfoot pattern from A. Harrison by request of the original owner. I can see there are some differences between your and my knife (at least at pins and maybe bolsters?) ...
I have thought that Lambfoot pattern was manufactured by Wright & Son in a lot of variants for decades, am I wrong?

Last edited:
Hi Jack, thank you for your answer. I have to say I was not aware of that history around this knife. I am not origial owner, I have bought this knife six months ago in pair with spear version. I was told that it was custom work of standard Wright's Lambfoot pattern from A. Harrison by request of the original owner. I can see there are some differences between your and my knife (at least at pins and maybe bolsters?) ...
I have thought that Lambfoot pattern was manufactured by Wright & Son in a lot of variants for decades, am I wrong?
Hi Tomas, I'm sure you weren't :) It certainly isn't a standard Wright's pattern, they had only ever produced plain-bolstered Lambsfoot knives before I took the idea to them, and they committed to producing them exclusively for me. The first two times I asked them to do that particular bolster, they got it wrong, and it was only on the third run of knives, all of which I paid for, they got it right. You're comparing your knife to the knife I'm carrying today, which was one of my SFOs from 2018, rather than 2019. That knife does have an extra pin though.

I57k000.jpg

The 2019 Guardians SFO, like the other Guardians Lambsfoot knives, were sold at less than they cost me to get made (crazy idea I know), but were a limited run. Unfortunately, since 2017, one or two people tried to get copies made, something which Wright's previously refused. Not your fault of course, but I hope you can understand why I am saddened by the breaking of a promise :( :thumbsup:

Hi Tomas, I'm sure you weren't :) It certainly isn't a standard Wright's pattern, they had only ever produced plain-bolstered Lambsfoot knives before I took the idea to them, and they committed to producing them exclusively for me. The first two times I asked them to do that particular bolster, they got it wrong, and it was only on the third run of knives, all of which I paid for, they got it right. You're comparing your knife to the knife I'm carrying today, which was one of my SFOs from 2018, rather than 2019. That knife does have an extra pin though.

I57k000.jpg

The 2019 Guardians SFO, like the other Guardians Lambsfoot knives, were sold at less than they cost me to get made (crazy idea I know), but were a limited run. Unfortunately, since 2017, one or two people tried to get copies made, something which Wright's previously refused. Not your fault of course, but I hope you can understand why I am saddened by the breaking of a promise :( :thumbsup:
Jack, thank you for enlighten me the whole situation. I understand your feelings about this knife and how it all came round ... I was not aware that something like Guardians SFO exists till now. Nevertheless, it is a great knife and I praise your contribute ... Thank you :thumbsup:

Back