What "Traditional" Knife or Knives for 12-25-2020?

afishhunter

Gold Member
What "traditional" knife/knives do you plan on carrying on the next upcoming in two days holiday? Anything "special"?

The vintage 7OT and 858 are the last two knives gifted to me in 2020, so are "special".
The Kudu ring lock is one of the last two knives I purchased in 2020. (the other is a Kudu Lite slipjoint)
The nifty stud closure 6OT/7OT/110/really large stockman sheath is also a December buy.
I like it more than the factory 6OT/7OT/110 sheaths; no metal inside to scratch the knife. :)

View attachment 1478794
(No. I am well aware I am a boring ancient S.O.B.. Also, there is no one where I reside to "impress". Therefore no need for fancy.)

(Kudu is based on the German, later South African, Okapi, made for over a century. I believe it qualifies as an "traditional".)

Great question. I was actually contemplating this earlier and my decision was simple.

#35 beer & sausage (ebony). It suits all of my holiday needs. Forking charcuterie boards, cracking open beers, great blade for opening my daughters toy boxes etc, beard rake for post feast maintenance (and laughs). I love that knife.

I'll still have my Boker Barlow Expedition in my pocket until at least the end of the month, but for Christmas day eats I'll use my Laguiole. For now, it's my "fancy" knife.
original.jpg

SVTFreak SVTFreak
Is that the Disney/Pixar 'Polar Express' locomotive? I thought the 'Polar Express' was black, and a 2-8-4 Berkshire type steam locomotive. :)
That was my nephew's favorite movie when he was not 4 yet. Watched it 4 or 5 times a day he did ...that and 'Escape From Madagascar' and 'CARS' seems there was a dumb dancing penguin he liked too ... "Happy Foot"? (all much better on nerves than Sesame Street, "Baby Can Read" and "Baby Can Add" videos.
(those do work, by the way, if you spend the time with the child. At one to two, he could spell things like "car", "cat", dog", "horse", "college", "Arithmetic", "Cardiovascular" and tell you the definitions. His parents flew a lot back then. He shocked the airline people that he could read and understand all their brochures at the gate... :)
He cried when he was 3 and saw his first TV Africa wildlife documentary with lions killing and eating a Zebra.

Nice Lego setup you have there, and one heck of a "Christmas Knife". :)

Back