What was your most recent knife purchase?

I have, for the most part, been striking out on recent purchases. 3 of my last 4 folders were knives I was really looking forward to getting...but left me flat once I had them in hand. Those 3 are repackaged in their respective boxes, awaiting sale/trade. The keeper was the Giant Mouse GM3

yxFaJuX.jpg

darrin sanders small fixed in 10v. Such an awesome blade. Darrin does awesome work.

Just bought a new Spyderco Street Beat! ($135 at KC!)

Predict that you will really like that blade. I've had mine for I think about 5 years, really like it as a lightweight, stainless, fixed EDC. You got a killer price on it, I'm guessing Spyderco may be phasing these out or something as I paid around $170 back when I bought mine, and that's been the going rate until recently. They also have the new model that's around $100 that has the FRN handle, and the black blade, but I prefer the micarta/uncoated model that you and I have.

One suggestion: if you want to EDC carry this, contact Robert at Survival Sheath Systems. He can build an awesome carry rig for it, about $50 which will include the cost of a small tek lok, or less if you skip the tek lok. He puts a paracord rig on it with special slip knots that let you adjust and carry it slung under your non-dominant arm, handle pointing down toward the ground, for a cross-draw carry. This works great, I really like mine. On mine, I also bought the small tek lok which I detach when carrying it under an arm, but it gives additional versatility for vertical/horizontal belt carry options, for instance during hiking.

The (unopened) package sits safe in my living room on my end table. As long as I know it's safe and sound in my house then I'm fine. About to open it now.
I'm like a kid on Christmas morning when I get a package in the mail. I don't think age will change this for me... ever.

I have, for the most part, been striking out on recent purchases. 3 of my last 4 folders were knives I was really looking forward to getting...but left me flat once I had them in hand. Those 3 are repackaged in their respective boxes, awaiting sale/trade. The keeper was the Giant Mouse GM3

What are three you didn't t like?

What are three you didn't t like?
All three are great knives, and I don't dislike them...but I could quickly tell that I wasn't going to use or carry them - in each case there was a (different) feature that caused the response. While I can see/feel/realize the quality of the knives, each leaves me somewhat - let's call it disappointed. If I'm being totally honest, which I am, I'll admit that I had reservations about purchasing two of the three...however, the things that disappointed me were NOT the things about which I'd had reservations.
As far as identifying the knives, I don't know that I should mention them specifically; as that too often leads to people making offers to "take them off my hands", which is inappropriate in the discussion areas.

Last edited:
I'm like a kid on Christmas morning when I get a package in the mail. I don't think age will change this for me... ever.

I know what you mean.

Anyway , I opened up said package and both of my new Manix2's are absolutely perfect. Love the look of the composite CPM 154/S90V blade. And the CF is stunning. Spyderco never fails to impress me.

Couple of KAI Luna kitchen knives on sale- 6" utility and 8.5" bread knife.

Friday My ZT 0630 Sprint run arrived and I liked it so much Hunted down a Stone Wash version in Black g10 . Scored one of the Best deals ever on a knife new from a dealer which makes it that much more sweeter :thumbsup:
Here's my first one and what a great blade in all areas !
The Orange was pretty darn good to !:D
XyAhduu.jpg

I know what you mean.

Anyway , I opened up said package and both of my new Manix2's are absolutely perfect. Love the look of the composite CPM 154/S90V blade. And the CF is stunning. Spyderco never fails to impress me.
Nice!

I got in on the Smooth CF cruwear version that came out earlier this year. Perfection as well.

I have a spyderco pm2 in 52100. My first spyderco. And just ordered a zt 0909.

I returned the Manix 2Xl with the lock rock, and picked up a perfect Adamas in its place. It has no flaws. I actually cant believe its perfect. I got lucky. :thumbsup:

Back