1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by kershaw22, Jan 26, 2011.

1. richardlee

richardlee

Apr 9, 2019
    I usually wear MI band. It is pretty good and also helps me to maintain my calories.

2. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    1961 Omega Constellation with c.561 chronometer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JBoone, KnifeRep, Fullflat and 5 others like this.
  3. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    nice, saw some pie pan no date connies the other day f/s in a forum, was so tempted

4. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    Omega Speedmaster Date.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fullflat likes this.
  5. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    My turtles...

[​IMG]

A.L., skyhorse, onekerf and 4 others like this.
  6. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Vostok Komandirskie 1965 2414A 683B09

K65.jpg

K65-1.jpg

I got curious about this reissue and did a little research. K65 was the Chistopol watch factory's first order from the Soviet MoD after changing its name to Vostok Watch Makers in 1963, and it stayed in production almost until the end of the Soviet Union. It was a prize watch awarded to graduates of Soviet military academies. Officers bucking for promotion to Colonel (army and air force) or Captain 1st rank (navy) studied for a year in a military academy, adding the equivalent of an MA to their commission. The watches were made with (mostly) gold plated cases and gold, black or white dials, depending on the year of manufacture. With the exception of a date complication, they looked like my watch with a somewhat cruder finish. Reissues are made with and without the date and I chose without.

Originals I've seen had case backs engraved by the original owners, who handed them down to their kids who sold them. Too bad!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Fullflat and Psy223 like this.
  7. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    24A70487-8522-4F21-A6BF-3467017073CB.jpeg Another new arrival

Fullflat likes this.
  8. mr2blue

mr2blue Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2008
    [​IMG]

9. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. dgaddis

dgaddis

Dec 26, 2018
    Citizen PMD56-2952. Titanium case and bracelet w/a surface hardening treatment, sapphire crystal, solar powered quartz movement, perpetual calendar, and atomic radio sync. It's a JDM watch tho, and the radio sync only works with the Japanese signal.

On the stock titanium bracelet or on a moded NATO. I cut the keeper off and shorten it, and wear it with the hardware under my wrist. With my scrawny wrists it looks better this way I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FLymon likes this.
  11. Drudge

Drudge

Jun 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

JBoone likes this.
  12. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    BA7DAA09-D0AD-4EC8-93BE-4A1F0D1C6ECC.jpeg

13. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    must get my Seiko diver to the watchmaker for a service so I've been wearing the 1967 pre-moon Speedy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Grouch, bonzodog and LEGION 12 like this.
  14. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    another one joins the stable [​IMG]

The Zieg and JBoone like this.
  15. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I don't have much moola, but I've been thinking of picking up one of Invicta's Star Wars watches. I know very little about the brand. My research did not show much. I figured I trust y'all's opinion over some Rando Calrissian's online review.

16. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    invicta Watch Group are not watch makers: they assemble watches from parts made in China, Malaysia, the Philippines, sometimes Japan and even Switzerland. When the design is good and the parts are good, their watches are potentially good and very cheap. Their quality control is spotty and their customer service is awful. Buy from a dealer like Amazon who says
    You can read what I've written on any internet watch forum. Invicta's most popular model with collectors is the 8926 Pro Diver.

[​IMG]
    An unimaginative Rolex Submariner clone with a Seiko NH35A movement that you can buy for $50 if you wait for a sale. Collectors buy them for the movement and the case and replace everything else.

mrknife and Psy223 like this.
  17. K.O.D.

Aug 21, 2013
    Thanks. The one I'm looking at has a Swiss Ronda Z60 movement.

18. bdmicarta

bdmicarta

Feb 16, 2012
    I've owned a couple of Invictas and they were perfectly OK. Looking inside them you might find questionable workmanship. What you really need to know about Invicta is that they put really high MSRP on their products so you think you are getting a good deal when you pay just a high price for them. If you buy them for a reasonable price they are a reasonable purchase for a watch enthusiast. You may have to do some research to find out what a reasonable price is but this applies somewhat to any watch brand you might consider. Even the average Seiko can be bought from one dealer for a certain price and from another dealer for probably twice the price.

19. cabdmd

cabdmd Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I’ve worn this Deep Blue PRO SEA DIVER 1000M AUTOMATIC for the past six years. This month it has lost 4 seconds / day. It is relatively heavy at 7 ounces.

[​IMG]
    45mm Case size , 49mm Lug to Lug ( Top to bottom)
    Seiko NH 36 24 Jewel Day /Date automatic movement
    Stop Second device (Hacking)
    SAPPHIRE crystal, Superluminous BLUE filled hands and hour indices

20. K.O.D.

Aug 21, 2013
    I went ahead and bit the bullet. Pics a little later. Invicta Star Wars limited edition Darth Vader watch, discontinued. Was $118, but with a gift card, I paid $80 on the Zon. 47mm, 200m WR (finally something I can wear in the ocean) and it's one of their Swiss made watches, Ronda Z60 movement. I like it. Got links removed on it and another watch. Need to get a watch repair kit eventually.

The last watch I bought was in 2012. A really cool Swatch Chrono, from the Irony Diaphane series. Extremely lightweight. Aluminum and ceramic band.

Psy223 likes this.