What We Love About Dave...

Dave is one of the GOOD guys. His humor, his love of life and his realness. His heart is huge, just underneath all that goofiness. God be with you and your family Dave.

I have never met Dave, but he's one of the people that I wish I had, and I have my hopes to meet him in the future. You always knew when he posted, that you were in for a wild ride, one that you wouldn't want to miss. Always the first to laugh at himself, you knew that it was allright to laugh with him, and at yourself as well.

Do not go gentle into that goodnight Dave. Rage against the dying of the light.

Jubei

I think that after a while this community can get a little too heavy, or forums will get a little stagnant, but before you know it you see his avatar and a post that fills your screen and then some and after reading you'll be laughing again and everything will get lightened up. He's one of the top list members that bring something to the forum- a different perspective- that the place just wouldn't be the same without. I think we all rely on him in a sense that he reminds us not to take things too seriously, just as if we count on people like Gollnick or Esav to bring facts, morals, and often an end to disputes. I think we could all for a "Just ask me any question!" thread again.

He is too funny. All I had to do was see his avatar and I would start smiling. :) He could even make a serious point and make me laugh.
Damn, I don't think I'll ever forget the pics of him, a big tough looking guy, holding a leatherman juice and trying to look threatening. :D Some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen!

VG live by his own rules about what is important in reality, in him I find a kindred spirit that is growing to scarce in our world today. Keep on keeping on Dave.

BTTT... (In case there are more forumites who would like to add their thoughts.)

If you just look at his photos you'd think he's one deranged fella. BUt when you see him and his family you know he's one of the good guys.

He's funny as hell too. I don't think i've seen a funnier webpage. He's a great family man too, using his kids for knife throwing practice.

We should all chip in and get him a get well knife.

Dave is just a really good guy all-around. Lots of people have talked about how funny he is. I agree completely.
He also did a great job moderating some of the forums--making sure that people played fair, and dispensing justice with a sense of humor. He told me once it was hard on him because so many people seemed to want to cause trouble. But he did a wonderful job, and managed to got a lot of people to behave while keeping the rest of us in good cheer.
One of the many things I admire about Dave is how welcoming he is to people from all over. Once I made up a member called "Shangokoya" (from Nigeria) and Dave was excited that his thread brought in a new member from Africa. I was very sorry to have to tell him that Shangokoya was just me, joking around.
C'mon Dave...vampires are supposed to live forever, right? Just stay out of the sun, and away from people with mallets...

I don't know Dave personally, but his posts never fail to make me grin. His friendly persona, big heart, and bizzarre humor are readily apparent in his posts and on his website, and I hope he recovers rapidly and fully. I think a get-well-soon knife is a great idea.

Jeremy

Dave is brilliant! He has always twisted things into another reality. He reminds me of me only slightly more warped :D I came out of that humor a while ago but still make scary faces and motions and ask the kids at church if they are scared and all they can do is giggle and say " afraid of you... RIGGGGHT" reminds me of Dave doin' his thing. I also share his love of fast bangy thingies and would love to shoot the subguns with him one day- both with and without our mufflers on them ;) I looked foward to meeting him at blade a couple back- the year he was gonna nad could not make it and I was disappointed that he could not make it. I am looking foward to the great and powerful gerbil coming back home to the forums again... God Bless ya' Dave and family - you ARE MISSED!

Back