Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Man that's nice. If I ever run across a square end stockman in Winchester black box, I'm going to pick it up.

Mr Ryu emailed me my drawing today! I love it. Quite excited and can't wait to see the final product. Can you spot all the changes from a traditional stockman pattern?

wGATbG2.jpg

Mr Ryu said he’s making mine for his next heat treat batch. Getting closer!

I have two Schrade-Waldens on order:
A 219 small pen knife

A Schrade-Walden 805 Kon-Kav (I may be bumping an old thread I found while doing a search on this one :D )

A Buck Creek half congress with pen and sheepsfoot blades. No pics.
3 3/4", stag, stainless.
Never tried this brand. It's owned by Frost, but said by the vendor to be made in Germany. A bit of internet searching suggests that these are made by Friedrich Olbertz.
We'll see what we see.

Böker Barlow. 440C and grenadille wood on the scales. Grenadille has traits similar to that of ironwood, really dense and tough wood.

The knife is made in Solingen, city of knives, Germany.

I haven't seen any of these on the forum, maybe thats because it was released 2016. I dunno, it has got some good reviews and I like the overall measures.

XTrn8z2.jpg

Last edited:
Böker Barlow. 440C and grenadille wood on the scales. Grenadille has traits similar to that of ironwood, really dense and tough wood.

I haven't seen any of these on the forum, maybe thats because it was released 2016. I dunno, it has got some good reviews and I like the overall measures.
I have several "Solingen" Boker knives in 440C, though I don't have that one. I've been very pleased with the fit and finish. And the 440C is well done.

The Grenadil wood is used by several other knife makers and is sometimes called "African Blackwood".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalbergia_melanoxylon

Congrats!

Reactions: 353
I have several "Solingen" Boker knives in 440C, though I don't have that one. I've been very pleased with the fit and finish. And the 440C is well done.

The Grenadil wood is used by several other knife makers and is sometimes called "African Blackwood".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalbergia_melanoxylon

Congrats!

Thank you sir!

It just baffles me a little, that with all the craze about the barlows, I haven't seen any posts with this knife. Maybe the craze is just around the TC barlows? Perhaps the stainless blade?

Last edited:
Thank you sir!

It just baffles me a little, that with all the craze about the barlows, I haven't seen any posts with this knife. Maybe the craze is just around the TC barlows? Perhaps the stainless blade?
I have seen at least a few posts about it here. They might be hard to locate as they are spread out in different threads. Some of the Blackwood and some of the white bone. Looks like a good one!!:thumbsup:

I have a Boker stockman with a rosewood handle, and a Boker stockman with a smooth buckskin bone handle. Both with carbon steel blades. I also have a Case Medium Congress with a chestnut bone handle,and CV steel blades.

O.B.

XTrn8z2.jpg

I've been eyeing that same knife. I'm just waiting on an auction to finish, to see if I'll still have funds for the Boker.

I bought a Boker 440C camp knife over the summer, and am very impressed with it.

I've been eyeing that same knife. I'm just waiting on an auction to finish, to see if I'll still have funds for the Boker.

I bought a Boker 440C camp knife over the summer, and am very impressed with it.

The blade stock is like slightly sub o,08" so it will be a slicer. I like that in a pocket knife.

Bit the bullet and bought my first Case/Bose collaboration, an Ebony Norfolk. I've spent hundreds on modern knives but never on a slipjoint. There's always a first!

Back