Whatcha got on order ?

I know the process well. Learning about them is a big part of the experience.

I learned to shoot on a Winchester 9422 then bought a full sized 94 in 30-30 when I turned 16. Today I can't shoot them anymore. Since I grew to 6'-4" and 220lbs with a ridiculous LOP they're like a toy to me now.

I actually purchased a Winchester 9422 a little over a year ago. It was manufactured in 74 but still in very good condition. I'm 6'3" and about 245 pounds. All three of the latest Winchesters I ordered are 41 to 43 inches in length and 7 1/2 to 8 pounds and for some reason at least the first one I received doesn't feel like a toy to me. I can easily reach the trigger and it might be better if it were further away but for something I intend to plink with I doubt that will ruin the experience for me. If it becomes too bad I might look into something I can add to the back of the rifle like Hickok45 does.

Shoot, I'm 63 and I was an auto mechanic for awhile (Cadillac, Olds, and Int. Scout Dealership) where I acquired a lot of mechanics tools. Then a Journeyman in the Carpenters Union for years. So PLENTY of carpentry tools. I think I have 15 or 16 different hammers.
My Dad retired from a chemical plant in WV where he was in the Maint. Dept. At retirement, he brought home 2 huge rolling toolboxes, looked at my brother and me and said, "Take what you want boys!
At this stage in my life, I'm after the things that I said, Oh, I'm gonna get one of those some year.
Now is one year. :thumbsup::):thumbsup:
I'm 3 days away from 24, and there are a few things I don't have.
Full sets of SAE and Metric DOE's , and a full range of sockets are the main things my toolbox needs.
Then there's a few woodworking things I don't have.

I'm 3 days away from 24, and there are a few things I don't have.
Full sets of SAE and Metric DOE's , and a full range of sockets are the main things my toolbox needs.
Then there's a few woodworking things I don't have.
You'll get there and I'm not saying I have everything a man would need, but there ain't much I lack. These days, I'm mainly buying wants......not needs. Toys!
I remember one time I borrowed Dad's floor jack. It's a BIG ol Sears brand. Back when they made quality stuff. Oh, it weighs a small ton. I took it back to Dad and he said, keep it son, my days of crawling under vehicles are over.
Now, I'm almost there myself. :eek:

My fuse lenses arrived today and I'm blown away.

They're not exactly the mirrored chrome I expected, but the clarity of everything is amazing through these things and is definitely better than I ever remember the original lenses.

I ordered this barely used GI surplus 12pc PROAMERICA combo wrench set from eBay and they arrived today.
The 15/16 had been replaced with a Thorsen at some point but it's in just as good of condition, plus the williams 1/4-3/8 doe was thrown in so I'm definitely happy.
I've got a friend who lives near a big military base on the look out for a 15/16 replacement since he sees lots of PROAMERICA tools.

Some PROAMERICA metric DOE's and a spokeshave arrived yesterday.
The wrenches are awesome, you get 19 sizes between 11 wrenches.

I've got a 7pc set of US made NAPA metric combos expected to arrive tomorrow, and a Craftsman USA precision screwdriver set ( 1 handle with interchangeable shanks ) I ordered has been stuck in Atlanta Georgia for the last week with no signs of arriving any time soon.

I've also got a Crosman 781 single stroke pneumatic air rifle expected by the end of the week, it should be a fun addition to my 20+ airgun arsenal ( I plan to make a psudo target rifle out of it )

My fuse lenses arrived today and I'm blown away.

They're not exactly the mirrored chrome I expected, but the clarity of everything is amazing through these things and is definitely better than I ever remember the original lenses.
You definitely pay for the better plastic lens quality. It is one of those things that if you have never experienced it, you would never know. I notice when I am reading a map (fine print especially) as far as lens quality goes. Is it worth the extra $, it is if you don't loose, break, or generally beat up your sun glasses and assuming you can afford it.

Good to have a set of wrenches around. I seldom use them and turn to an adjustable cresent wrench. But for power stuff, nothing beats the regular wrenches.

I ordered and received 5 lb wheat seeds recently.... via big river site. Going to use to grow "cat grass".

You definitely pay for the better plastic lens quality. It is one of those things that if you have never experienced it, you would never know. I notice when I am reading a map (fine print especially) as far as lens quality goes. Is it worth the extra $, it is if you don't loose, break, or generally beat up your sun glasses and assuming you can afford it.

Good to have a set of wrenches around. I seldom use them and turn to an adjustable cresent wrench. But for power stuff, nothing beats the regular wrenches.

I ordered and received 5 lb wheat seeds recently.... via big river site. Going to use to grow "cat grass".

Got another set of wrenches in today.

Yep, quality lenses are worth it.
I'm absolutely never out in natural light ( sunlight or overcast ) without a pair of sunglasses on and my eyes will eventually thank me for it, especially if I keep wearing good ones.

I was just lacking in the wrench department and want to get them now while I can so I don't need a size and not have it.
I'm planning on an SAE set of these same NAPA USA wrenches to finish everything off, then I just need a lot of sockets that I don't have which won't be as easy to acquire.

I've got a few adjustable wrenches that are handy when space saving is important, but they're thick and even when you use them properly they can still be nut rounders.

Good luck on growing that cat grass :thumbsup:

An 5.11 Havoc 30 which will be my EDC (replacing my Jansport), and can be converted to a hiking pack when I climb the hills.
A Leatherman Snap Sheath with pockets for my Wave+ and Bit kit
A bamboo scrubber for my Carbon steel wok and Lodge cast iron pans
A SunSun canister filter for my 20g fish tank
Lastly, filter media for said canister filter

20190130_104510-1688x1654.jpg 20190130_104215-1701x3024.jpg

Last edited:
I did order and already received those USA NAPA SAE's ( they look just like the metrics , so no pics needed ) and have actually used them in the couple weeks I've had them.

Currently I'm awaiting a Craftsman flying V 3/8dr ratchet set ( made from '59-'66 if you're not familiar )
I'm also awaiting Crosman Rifled barrel, and some Daisy target sights for the Crosman 781 I bought off eBay.
It will have it's place in my arsenal of plinkers, a perfect indoor rainy day plinker that's quiet and just powerful enough.

Last edited:
25ft roll of 1/8" Multi Camo Shock Cord
Light my Fire Swedish Firesteel (Orange)2.0
Big Skinny Magnetic Clip Slim Wallet

A couple of bass (fish) tac black velcro morale patches to stick to my 5.11 bag
Sony earbuds for my phone
A container of Huberds boot oil
A pair of KastKing Sol Armis fingerless fishing gloves

20190218_150645-1557x2333.jpg
Now I'm all Tac'd out... Thinking about getting one that says "Pig Sticker"

Last edited:
I've got a set of Craftsman logo decals coming ( I really just needed the 50's version )

There are a some other things I ordered and received already which I completely forgot to mention here .

I received my pitstop black Justin 8" conductor work boots

Some Obenaufs LP for my boots

A new PROTO made 7"x3.5" steel ratchet box to put my Craftsman flying V set in ( what the decal is for )

A black Olight I3e-eos for my grandmother's birthday

And a US ARMY Case mini blackhorn , and a phone case for my dad's birthday.

Patiently waiting on a TAD Gear Ranger Hoodie LT, a Moleskine A5 notebook, Lamy Al-Star fountain pen and a new Spyderco Amalgam. Postage takes a while to get here, but as long as my stuff reaches me I'm good with it.

Ordered a flannel lined denim jacket that arrived yesterday
a Craftsman =V= 3/8 universal and 3" extension I already received
a pair of herbrand needle nose pliers I already received I've got a PROTO 5249 3/8 ratchet on it's way
a 50's Craftsman decal for the flying V set I've been putting together
and a 5x7.5" frog decal for my dad to put on his new tool box.

500 rds of ammo
Front sight tool for Glock (I made the mistake of letting someone borrow mine):mad:
New sights for my G17

Last edited:
Made a few purchases yesterday

A vintage Walden 1151 1/2dr ratchet

And a vintage MAC mc1 1/4dr box.

Last edited:
Just ordered a desantis thumb break mini slide lefty holster for my Glock 42 . I don't like to pocket carry on a bicycle. I wanted something with a snapped strap for retention. Getting ready to start riding again. I prefer to carry my 42 instead of NAA 22lr revolver

Back