Whatcha Reading?

I see many have posted pictures of Hinderers with pets. My two companions Jack and Daniels and the book that opens some communication doors between us.

and here is the book

sorry not quite as deep reading as most but still very enlightening.

Currently reading three:

1. NASB Bible
2. Gulliver's Travels - Just bought the Limited Edition Montblanc Jonathan Swift Fountain Pen so...
3. Obama's Four Horsemen by David Harsanyi

I've got many of the classics in an antique bookcase at my parent's home...it might be time to dust them off and re-read the works of literary geniuses once again.

The Game of Thrones books are well-written. Read them if you like the HBO series.
Hunger Games Trilogy
Jack Reacher series by Lee Childs

and Unintended Consequences by John Ross. The best book about Gun Rights

Try the Jack Reacher novels by Lee Child. Great fluff!!!

Typed it into the search box...may give it/them a look/read. I immediately realized that I passed on the movie of this title, don't recall why but something was unappealing.

Maybe it was Tom Cruise trying to play the role of a character who is 6'5", 230 lbs. and an IQ well over his own? Stories are about an ex Army MP who was a top investigator and is now homeless by choice and deals his own brand of justice.
Reacher fans overwhelmingly ignored the movie. Lee Child tried to make the best of it but he had no say since Cruise bought the movie rights to the character and then cast himself in the role.

Try The Hard Way...

Last edited:
Go to the Emerson Knives official website and look on the right side. Find the link to "The True Legend of Jack Belvedere". It is a short read but I got a real kick of of reading it. I just wish it were completed.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-02-933435-5

Lenin: A New Biography

Dmitri Volkogonov, Author.

Recently been researching the origins of Communist's, this book is quite good- starts out slow and then gains speed. The author is a X Communist Russian general.

Recommended- most esp if you want to understand the origins and the facts about Lenin and the Bolsheviks.

zero dark thirty...................

Anyone reading any "fluff" just for fun?

N2K - The "Alex Hawke" series by Ted Bell are enormously entertaining. Just really well done, enjoyment that takes you away. Have read them all (some in one sitting, not because they are small but because they are that good).
We aren't talking Tom Clancy here, no need for flow charts or note taking during the read.
(Jeezus, 14 years Active Duty and I find Clancy a little "overdone")
Anyway, I can take a pic of the series, they are upstairs in my bookshelves. Not mandatory BUT, I'd say read them in order.
Good read.

image_zps971d3477.jpg

Pretty much im always brushing up on EMS, stuff, and the rest are current hobbies, plus all my kindle stuff, I'm always reading like six books at a time, ZERO FOCUS!

Check out any of the novels by Lincoln Child. Great stories with great characters....

IPMBA baby! Lincoln Child?.... Hmmm, to the google......... Two Graves sample is on the iPad, I'll be reading it Sunday night on shift at 4am, "hopefully!".... Fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Preston and Child co-wrote a series of books about a very bizarre FBI agent: Special Agent Pendergast - awesome horror/mystery/whodunits
The Relic
Reliquary
The Cabinet of Curiosities
Still Life With Crows
Brimstone
etc...

Preston and Child co-wrote a series of books about a very bizarre FBI agent: Special Agent Pendergast - awesome horror/mystery/whodunits
The Relic
Reliquary
The Cabinet of Curiosities
Still Life With Crows
Brimstone
etc...
How's Two Graves?.... See above..

Back