Whats everyones FAVORITE knife they own

Interesting how as many people own expensinve, exotic knives -- yet ask them what their favorites are and over and over you see Cold Steel, Buck, Becker, KaBar...
Give me a $50 Smith & Wesson Homeland Security 13" long, 1/4" thick tanto in TiNi coated 440C with G-10 scales, and i would go up against almost anyone with anything. Those things can out-chop/ cut/ pry/ dig/ stab/ everything-but-delicately-fillet pretty much everything custom or production on the market at any price....
Maybe a similar-geometry differentially-hardened 5160 or 9260 could kick its arse... until we went island-hopping...

I have been gifted with 2 new Spyderco's that I LOVE: a very special Spin and the 2005 Spyderco Forum knife, which is Dialex's Adaventura!! I LOVE these knives!!

It seems my first choice in knives tends to move around. I am glad it does except for the fact that it makes me buy too many. I tend to carry the Spyderco "Stretch" more than any other knife. This is primarily due to it being very pocket friendly, effortless to operate and handle, low cost so I don't worry about abuse, and a great blade profile. I like other knives as well though. Your question is a difficult one to answer.

Back