What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

A throw back. Just pulled this out to put some oil on it.

This is the very first Bowie I ever made. This is of W2 and Ebony handle. It even has a "No Clay Hamon"
R6g9vnu.jpg

Pops

carrys fiber. They don't show those colors, but you should call and ask. I use a lot of blue and orange g-10 spacer. Those colors are true and solid in g-10. Any reason for fiber over g-10?
I talked to Pop. I got his other colors and should get more before he sells out. He said the place in Japan where is was getting the had a change of ownership and he would have to order 10,000 min. I like the colors on the fiber and the price is right.

Here's my shop.
81jIo3b.jpg

My file jig. Works ok. But already have a new design in mind.
VBY3Ojo.jpg

Got this 2x72 grinder off craigslist. He used it for bicycle tube grinding. Have some customizing to do, but it is a start. Already added a foot pedal switch.
gyFnL30.jpg

These are my current projects. The top one is just about ready for final edge. I did a bluing on it. Didn't turn out the way I expected but I actually like it, kind of an old patina look. The middle 1 will probably just end up being a test piece. The shape didn't turn out the way I wanted to, but it won't go to waste. The last one is a garden knife I'm going to make for my wife.
jetwyvz.jpg

Once I get this walnut stabilized this will be the handle for that top knife.
yypHTQK.jpg

I made some plexi glass templates of some designs I want to make. I like it too because it helps me decide what part of the scale I want to use for Each project.

So that is what is going on in my shop.

Short and stout... 5160 with wenge over oak liners with stainless pins. This ones finished to 2000 grit. I hope you like it. Gonna do a batch of makers mark etches later. Comment and critique welcome as always please.18-20 2.JPG 18-20 4.JPG 18-20 5.JPG 18-20 6.JPG

I made some more forward progress today. I started in January with lots of stutter steps forward. Every major element started with anxiety, failure, frustration, research, practice, and slight improvement. The last two steps before a finished product were a sheath and final sharpening. I've been having some mental blocks, especially on sharpening. I need a lot of work on every step, but it felt good to make it through these last two.

I'm going to give this one away on the beginner face book forum. I had a large unused hole in the end of the tang I was going to use for a lanyard but opted to just handle over it. I ground into it when shaping the handle and filled it with JB weld. I hope someone can get some enjoyment out of it rather than sitting in a box.

dvGvaow.jpg

D5VfuZb.jpg

a1cKtpq.jpg

riBwRcp.jpg

Customer requested a knife to replace the one that belonged in the sheath. He wanted it to look 'era correct' whatever that means :). Anyway, I came up with this one.
It looks to me like you captured the look that would go with a sheath like that. He should be happy. That a nice looking little blade. Larry

Back