What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

This is a little "scrapper" Kiri dashi. Had a small piece of S110V that wasn't quite big enough to do much with, so got to doodling and came up with a ringed two/three finger dashi thing. only the top edge will be sharpened. ground on a 10" wheel.

91IbSjx.jpg

4j6BDJc.jpg

Here it is 👌
Still need to make a stand for it, my old anvil never had a proper stand either. Probably going with the "sand bucket"

qw3v1tG.jpeg

I like the 3 legged steel anvil stands, if You've got a welder I really think that's the way to go.

Light enough to move if needed, but very stable. Plus you can put concrete anchors in your shop floor or in your drive way like I did and bolt it down when forging. Makes the earth your anvil. It's pretty dang solid.

I like fixed blades with a weathered patina look to them. I’ve been working on trying to produce that type of look and I like the way this 80CrV2 is turning out. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste but I’m enjoying it. The logo placement was better at first but my stencil had a tiny pinhole in it that etched into the flat so I had to grind all that out which is why the logo looks a bit high.
IMG_0376.jpeg

I got rid of my last S-grind knife so I decided to make one for myself and experiment a bit more with the style. I started forging it with no clear plan and just winged it after that, and ended up with a pretty aggressive looking knife with a less refined finish than I usually make. I dig the look and had a lot of fun making it.

Forged 80CRV2 with rough belt finish and coffee etch. Exposed dowel hand construction and torch darkened curly maple handle.

gODNmnF.jpg

Here's one of several knives I've got in progress right now. It's my first attempt at a sgian dubh which I'm very excited to make since I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and my uncle would take me to a local Scottish festival. I'm making 2 different styles, full tang and hidden tang and very different designs. Lots of work still to do, but enjoying it!

yS8sg1Z.jpg

Back