What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

It’s a start. And you are looking at also the end, of any crosscut micarta in the shop.

IMG-7241.jpg
Love the dinosaur, that's cool as heck.

Whats the name of the first knife from left?

The second knife from left, what is that red spacer in the handle? That's quite pretty.

Whats the name of the first knife from left?

Good morning JM2, that is a larger version of a generic Bird & Trout design I made before, which I’m making as a custom request. Because it’s larger than the ones I made before, I call it the Bird & Shark.

The second knife from left, what is that red spacer in the handle? That's quite pretty.

That is Firedog Micarta, the same material as the right most Bittyrang handle. It looks different than that material only because it is oriented with the end grain facing out.

Fun fact: it may appear to be the same material as on the pair of scales under Dinogator’s keyboard, but that inlay is actually not firedog, but red burlap Micarta, between two strips of black burlap Micarta, also end grain oriented. They look similar though.

Good morning JM2, that is a larger version of a generic Bird & Trout design I made before, which I’m making as a custom request. Because it’s larger than the ones I made before, I call it the Bird & Shark.

That is Firedog Micarta, the same material as the right most Bittyrang handle. It looks different than that material only because it is oriented with the end grain facing out.

Fun fact: it may appear to be the same material as on the pair of scales under Dinogator’s keyboard, but that inlay is actually not firedog, but red burlap Micarta, between two strips of black burlap Micarta, also end grain oriented. They look similar though.
My favorites are the third and fourth from the left.

jbmonkey jbmonkey I see you gave the ol laugh react… I meant closing in on completion.

Back