What's the best looking fixed blade in your opinion?

Benchmade Nimravus for me.

BM140BKc.jpg

Unfortunately I'm Australian...and poor...so I don't actually have one, but hey, a guy can dream right?

Always had a soft spot for Sibert's Traverse & Neutrino models. They are not everyone's cup of tea but they are the best looking to my taste. No nonsense, functional, and featherweight.

NeutrinoSibert1a.jpg

516_IMG_4061.JPG

SOG Recon Bowie. Manufactured by Kinryu Seki for SOG 2000-2008.

rb100-b-0-1600_zps4bylblwd.jpg

Last edited:
I've always thought that the Buck 113 was a pretty knife.
Don't own one as I don't have a need for a fixed but maybe.....
[CONFIG]537063]

Attachments

• 0113BRS-B.jpg
    0113BRS-B.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 237
For me, it's this:

15549425387_56f38416bc_h.jpg

This belonged to a friend here, and after badgering him for ages, he was gracious enough to sell it to me. The knife is an absolute work of art, and as such, I don't often carry it, because I want it to remain pristine. This is the one in the top of my knife chest that I take out often just so I can appreciate it in the hand, and visually.

The way the handle and blade are the same width. The hidden pins. The elegant simplicity of the design. The beautifully thin blade. The chosen patterning in the wood of the scales. This knife has a chisel grind, and cuts like a laser. I have few safe queens, but this knife is it for me.

Here's a shot of the back:

15758791925_75d618c28f_b.jpg

Rockstead Kon

29-rockstead-kon-zdp-202.jpg

Al Mar Shugoto

al_mar_shugoto_01.jpg

That Rockstead's handle almost looks like sushi tuna looks when it's been lightly seared on the outside. I imagine that's by design. Beautiful knife!

For me it has to be the TGLB or the original SOG TigerShark. Honorable mention goes to the Bravo 2.

20141005_172505.jpg

20140423_194048.jpg

20150131_081113.jpg

20140815_171216.jpg

0650BKSTP-B.jpg

The Buck Nighthawk is what started the addiction for me. I like the Buck/TOPS models because of the improved sheath design, but I love `em all (except maybe the tanto version) in terms of look and feel.

Tough call...either this Ranger Custom Bowie fro Justin Gingich

Blade.jpg

or this Mike Malosh Hunter

MaloshHunter.jpg

Both, coincidentally, are mine.

This one.

Blackjack model 1-7.
At least it's the best looking one I own.

Last edited:
This is one i own:

DSCN3796.JPG

but browsing through this thread will bring out a lot of nice ones: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/681316-Show-me-your-custom-camp-knife-chopper

including this one owned by worldwood

DSC03386_zps39653da8.jpg

This is a nice one up for sale in the maker's section: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1282792-HULIBU-in-1084!

011_zpsqusl1xgu.jpg

Cluadio Sobral makes some nice ones:

f5c06e818eb1b0e6d72ed7022eb50285.jpg

as does Matt Bailey here on the forums:

original.jpg

Or what about Ryan W?

10553466_661685653919078_2538684003686002614_n.jpg

There are some nice production knives out there but... I mean, come on, I've barely touched the surface of custom makers that frequent this forum! And prices of some of what's available here track closely to production company models! So much good stuff out there, we should all broaden our horizons.

This is one i own:

- snip-
There are some nice production knives out there but... I mean, come on, I've barely touched the surface of custom makers that frequent this forum! And prices of some of what's available here track closely to production company models! So much good stuff out there, we should all broaden our horizons.

And perhaps folks should be allowed to enjoy what they enjoy? If you want to be a salesman for the craftsmen on this Board, that's absolutely fine. I'm just not sure this is the thread to do it in.

And perhaps folks should be allowed to enjoy what they enjoy? If you want to be a salesman for the craftsmen on this Board, that's absolutely fine. I'm just not sure this is the thread to do it in.

Did i stop someone from enjoying something??? I think such a response to my post doesn't belong in this thread. I typed, and you quoted, we should all broaden our horizons after posting many images of knives that I find unique and very good looking. The OP specifically requested the "best looking fixed blade". I found some of the responses surprising, as if the OP had asked about the "best looking car" and the responses included a number of off-the-lot honda civics or mercury sables. Might some consider those to be "the best looking"? Perhaps. But I suspect that such specimens would take a somewhat lesser standing if the observers were exposed to a greater variety of what is available. Nevertheless, my statement does NOTHING to prevent people enjoying ANYTHING. Why do you care so much about my opinion?? And a General thread asking about the "best looking fixed blade" is imho the perfect place to advertise the work of BF craftsmen! They deserve our support for the work they do in beautifying the knife-world with variety that FAR outstrips what popular production companies are able to offer.

Another knife I love, though a folder, is the Buck 110. I own a basic one, but I would never compare it's beauty to this custom version:

photo%204-4-1000x747.jpg

My apologies to the OP for the inclusion of a folder.

There are many great "looking" fixed blades out there, indeed SO many that it would be a shame for us to not appreciate the work of masters and journeymen and apprentices by taking note of what they create.

This is absolutely not the place to discus how all our horizons should be broadened. Nor is it the place to insult other peoples choice's of their favorite looking fixed blades. It is a great idea for a thread all on its own with a lot of great pictures.

I want to second Ken's inclusion of the SOG Recon Bowie. It is the only non-synthetic handle knife I own and is an absolute beauty. Some shots that I just took of the others I posted with the Recon Bowie:

20150423_124502.jpg

20150423_124510.jpg

20150423_124541.jpg

Last edited:
Back