What's the best looking fixed blade in your opinion?

Natchez bowie in san mai 3 for me

Nat2.jpg

Nope.. never happen in my lifetime. Things like that are stupid imo... i mean really why are you gonna pay for something like that and be so scared to use it that you never use it?

Sheesh, $3k.. it better be a real freaking light saber; then i could cut everything with it! :p

Who said I wouldn't use it? For that kinda money, I'd use it for everything.

I'd probably engrave the last 4 of my SSN into the butt cap too.

Who said I wouldn't use it? For that kinda money, I'd use it for everything.

I'd probably engrave the last 4 of my SSN into the butt cap too.

It better have the ability to talk dirty to me while I'm cutting with it for that price! Nice knife.. no way would I ever purchase one.

It better have the ability to talk dirty to me while I'm cutting with it for that price! Nice knife.. no way would I ever purchase one.

What if you hit the lotto?

I've asked myself that exact question many times. With more expendable income, things that that would seem a mere pittance.

If I ever won the lottery, you can bet your ass I'd buy every knife I ever wanted... It's the motorcycles, cars, and extra homes that would get expensive.

Hell, that idiotic rapper on the phone commercials would probably buy one solely to whittle the foil wrapper off the top of his champagne bottles.

Custom fixed blades are my passion, outside of my beautiful Wife & kids - & I'm fortunate to have a Wife who allows me, yes - "allows" me, to spend a few $hundred every month or so when the next must-have blade presents itself, but $3,040 for one knife? No, I have yet to reach that level of Balla, but I have reached the $430 level, & just picked this one up. She's on her way as I type this, but I do have these pics. My current #1 favorite knife is by the same maker - Chris Linton (works for Fiddleback Forge as a full-time maker) - but his knife company is called Osprey Knife & Tool, & this is a new model for him, the "Recon", and it is a revelation! 11 3/8"OAL, 6.5" CPM-154 blade, highly contoured TS Kevlar scales O/natural micarta liners with red pinstripes, natural micarta pins & an awesome tapered tang - I can't wait to get this beauty in hand!
Recon - 8.jpgRecon - 9.jpgRecon - 3.jpgRecon - 4.jpgRecon - 2.jpg

Love that handle VanDammet.

t68 - host your picture on a site like photobucket and copy the link that says "IMG". Paste the link in your post and voila...

So many gorgeous knives in this thread. I love it.

I'm still smitten with my Buck 124. I just love the looks and feel of it. I can't take my eyes off it. And when my new sheath from Patriot Leather arrives , I'm sure I'll be even more infatuated with it.

That Natchez Bowie is sweet. So is that custom job in VanDammet's post. Awesome blades.

One day... I could see myselftrying to rationalize that purchase.

I have $3100+ that I can spend (live cheap, spend silly) and I want one. Rationalization completed.

My wife having a $3000 pair of custom boots would help grease the wheels as well.

Well the Rockstead's are beautiful, but for the money the KABAR SNODY BIG BOSS looks pretty nice too!

Good idea for a thread. I used to want a nimravus as well, and I began my collecting with Sog fixed blades like their older style leather washer bowies. The recon bowie is a beautiful knife.
The Busse TGLB is also a nice looking knife.

From a recent copy of knives illustrated I found some of the work by maker Sam Lurquin. I think his stuff is really beautiful.
e2a8a93dfd90c945f019a402504fa7ec.jpg

18.JPG

Holy shit. I'm in love.

Back