What's the dumbest question you've got about a knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Aaron_Jones, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Wide

2. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder

Aug 12, 2005
    Dumbest question? Who makes your blades. This when everything on my table indicates that I make everything myself.
    Most encouraging question? "Do you make damascus?"that was asked by a young female cashier at the supermarket where I bought a copy of Blade. She also knew that Ebay stuff from Pakistan was not "real" damascus in her words. There is hope for the youth of America!:D

K.O.D. and yakantosh like this.
  3. Jammer Six

Jammer Six

Jan 26, 2015
    Your friend's an idiot. He must be a good friend if you're keeping him around. I have a couple like that.

4. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Stop sharpening his knives and give his address. I would like to rummage through his trash when he takes it to the curb. :):):)

Polynikes01 and DocJD like this.
  5. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    "How many people have you cut with that?"

DocJD likes this.
  6. Aquaholicc

Aquaholicc

Oct 17, 2016
    My wife always ask:
    "What's in the box dear"
    It's gotten to a point where I just ignore her..

Polynikes01, stuff_things and DocJD like this.
  7. spykez

spykez

Feb 13, 2017
    Funny you should mention that. ;)

[​IMG]

DocJD likes this.
  8. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    This is the leader in the clubhouse.:)

9. fjblair

fjblair

Mar 15, 2017
    I guess I don't get many opportunities for people to see my EDC that don't know me, because I don't remember many questions.

10. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Does it usually work???

11. Jammer Six

Jammer Six

Jan 26, 2015
    Neither do I. This thread sounds like it's on the very edge of reality and fantasy go me.

12. Judge Luco

Judge Luco

Jul 5, 2011
    Someone once asked me "If you carry a gun, why do you carry a knife?" To which I replied "The last time I opened a box with my glock things got messy."

spykez, Dair and DocJD like this.
  13. number9

number9 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2017
    What's that? A switchblade??

14. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Only dumb questions I ever get is "can I borrow your knife?" From non knife people which the answer is HELL NO, or my wife asking if I really need another knife, HELL YES I need another knife.

15. yakantosh

yakantosh

Jun 21, 2014
    We are out there. Few and far between, but there none the less.

The best so far has been "Why is it clipped to your front pocket? That's only for self defense."
    I get a lot of "Are you planning on stabbing someone???" and the classic "What do you need a knife for?"

Polynikes01 likes this.
  16. Wolf7

Wolf7

Jul 11, 2006
    Good point, forum admins should consider replacing knife in loge with shipple friendly version ex: butter knife in hot pink?

17. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    The next time someone asks you, "why are you are carrying a knife" simply reply, "if I told you, I would have to kill you".

yakantosh likes this.
  18. XDJ

XDJ

Oct 15, 2007
    I've probably been asked most of the ones mentioned. Except price. Oddly nobody has ever asked that. Come to think of it, people I tend to be around almost never discuss what things cost unless it is very pertinent.

If a casual acquaintance asks to use my knife, I ask, "What do you want me to cut?" I will not loan them my knife.

I have a couple female friends I trust with my knives. They carry knives but usually in a purse so not as accessible as mine. They make the mistake of asking "Do you have your knife on you?" I give them my best sarcastic, WTF look, and then they quickly change the question to "May I borrow your knife?" I'm getting them trained, slowly.

19. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Now that would be ridiculous, but a buck 110, KA bar, or Swiss army knife would be nice :D
    I personally think the v42 makes for a cool logo, but I can just see the media finding away to use it against us if a situation ever arises.

20. hermit dave

hermit dave

Jul 19, 2011
    Which end do I grasp?