What's the most you've spent on your knives?

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Currently, I'm topped out at +300 for my DA SOCOM.

What's the most expensive knife you have? This isn't a contest, I'm just curious.

So, who has the Microtech Giant HALO's out there?
biggrin.gif

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Hummm. I guess $2,800 for a Hibben which I later sold for $5,000 and he later sold for $10,000. I am refering to the only auto Gil ever made, the auto shark.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I once spent $1000 on a Butch Valloten Viper which I thought was junk compared to the Microtech front openers.Ken

$1000 has been my limit on knives. Have only a few at that price. Most of my purchases run in the $400 to $800 range for customs.

The Mad Dog I am ordering will take the top spot (either a Lab Rat or 3/16 AZ Hunter)

My $250 Small Sebenza is currently in that role...

Clay

------------------
Clay Fleischer
cdfleischer@yahoo.com

"10,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong!"

MD Panther $875
redface.gif
, I have a couple others that come close.

------------------
Take Care,

LD

"Every Dog Has His Day"

[This message has been edited by Lucky Dog (edited 22 January 1999).]

Spark,

The most expensive knife I bought was the Mission MPF @ $ 500.00. Bought one while vacationing last year in Southern CA.

Now, the most I have ever spent on a single order would be $ 1,400.00. Two Kasper Fighting Folders and two large Sebenza's.

Of course a couple days later I then bought 2 SOCOM M/A's. $ 1,770.00 in a weeks time.

I'm been used to buying 3-4 of the same at a time, but at these prices can only do a couple.

Still hurts my wallet a little!

Mark

P.S. Just for curiousity, you ought to start a thread to see how many knives one owns total.

Counted mine .... 177 different knives for a total of 619.

MIKE TURBER...better get started counting all your knives in your warehouse, you could be there for a loooonnngggg time! Heee.

Knife Collectors Are Sharp People !

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mark W Douglas (edited 22 January 1999).]

$150 for my BM Stryker. I know I over payed, but I spend about an hour in the store handeling every single-blade folder about that size, they earned the money.
Aaron

$475 for my Terzuola Starfighter. Next expensive would be $442 for the Lightfoot 460 Magnum.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Spark If you have knives '99 handy take a look at the top of page 55. I will show you the knife when you get to Atlanta. It took 3 months for Delana to make (sole authorship) and she only makes one knife at a time and that is how she makes her living.

$600 - Three times.

First for a Mat Conable (of William Henry knives) folder with a 3.25" drop point blade of Boye Dendritic Steel, and Ti slab handles with integral side-lock. Picture a medium Sebenza, and you are really close. What made it special was a custom etching of a lion on the Serengeti plane by Francine Martin on the blade. Talk about an art knife! I sold that one for $1,100. Wish I still had it.

Second for a Black Cloud Knives new generation Short Sword I. 17" A-2 blade with a half length sharpened swedge, double handle, blade catcher guards, side quillions, Bocote grips. Most blade for the buck I have ever gotten. If you are familiar with www.blackcloud.com, picture the fifth generation Fighting Bowie with a 17" blade and double handle. Whew!

Third for a Benchmade Custom Elishewitz Tanto Bali-Song. 5" custom V-ground geo-tanto blade, ground by Alan Elishewitz, #5 of 17. Skeletonized Ti handles, no latch. If anyone ever asks me again what I think is the best folding fighter...this is it.

My getting lost down the path of sword ownership is likely to blow my $600 mark right out the door. I think my next sword is going to be a Mad Dog Saxon (Ouch!).

Harv

We should qualify this thread with it being that it is for knives you bought for yourself, not to buy and resell!

The smaller chunks don't seem as high as others:

- $600 for a damascus Chris Reeve Sebenza
- $700 for a handmade Ernie Emerson

...but when you add up a day's purchases:

$2200 in one day of buying Mad Dog Knives.

Scores of $80-$140 knives! I would guess that this is the median price range for the stuff that peaks my interest.

--Doug

Please; Spark; delete this thread immediately; don't you remember the poster who got into so much trouble because his wife found out what his knive collection cost? Jeez, you guys, you are asking for trouble!!

I think I spent about $20 on a knife once......
smile.gif
Walt

In light of Walt's post

Knife folk are courteous, friendly and knowledgeable.....but none too bright
wink.gif

Back