What's The Point?. . . . . Wanna see?? . . . Forsaken Mistress Spy Pic!!!!. . .

It doesnt appear to be the case.. but i wish the Nuclear option had that sweet Busse applied convex edge:eek::eek::D:thumbsup:

So can we talk about the knife?!? It seems that this thread has just turned into pic requests.

Do you think it will be a good chopper considering the clip point and possible weight reduction near the end of the blade? I really like the LB treatment. I'm curious to see how it compares to other versions of the Mistress.

To me this looks like a CGFBM with CBT that has been extended by adding 2 inches of clip point to the end of it. The extra length will add a bit of weight but not too much because of the shape. It has fewer CBT than a CGFBM so the flat of the blade is larger by proportion and that will add weight also. I'm guessing that the CG will be about as heavy as a NMFBM fatty, and the light brigade / nuclear version might be more like a .25 NMFBM.

So weight-wise it will hit like a NMFBM which is one of the best Busse choppers. The extra length means it will feel a bit more forward-heavy than a NMFBM, so a bit more fatigue to chop with (?) but also the tip will move a lot faster. Maybe it will perform (slightly) better than a NMFBM for chopping light springy vegetation because of the faster tip?

I wonder about vibration in the blade when chopping on hardwood, because my CGFBM vibrates a bit but my NMFBM fatty doesn't at all. The NMFBM has that extremely solid and satisfying thunking feeling when you hit, whereas the CGFBM sends a bit of a shock up your arm on the hardest hits on very hard wood. Not sure what the extra length will do to this, but I think the larger flat will help, I have no evidence for that it's just an assumption.

Not sure if the swedge is sharpened or not but based on other Busse models I'd say it's not. It should still be pretty stabby but of course, what would you stab? I might have a go at a few watermelons just because it looks like a lot of fun.

For me the utility of this knife will come down to the balance and how it feels in hand. But just to look at it and compare to other BMs I have, I'm sure it will be exceptional.

I've yet to see any of the pictures (combination of stubbornness with a little bit of ADD mixed in). At this point, should I just hold out? What are everyone's favorite things about the knife (knives).

I'm still probably just going to wait for the revved up SARsquatch coming next. Did anyone else get that email?

I'm thinking that its gonna be about .22" thick. It will be a fine chopper, my favorite are Res-c handles for choppers but this is too awesome to pass up.

Any word when are we getting price and specs ? I can' wait to see the cost difference between the Nuke and regular (assuming I can even score a Nuke)

Incredible job on this thing. Every time I look at the pictures, I hear music I can only describe metallic nuclear opera. Torturous tormented times have turned into pure joy now. I love how the geometry of the blade causes a local convex near the edge as opposed to a full convex or blended convex. I love how the CB lines are spaced further apart than normal. It looks to be even stronger than previous CB and I don't think it's a coincidence. Geometry of the CD makes so much sense in this one for some reason. We'll probably never know how long design took from pencil to laser engraver, but however long, it'll be worth it.

I almost gave up on a Bowie Knife, and bought the Rambo knife at the mall lol Really glad I held out lol this thing Gona be awesome

Back