What's The Point?. . . . . Wanna see?? . . . Forsaken Mistress Spy Pic!!!!. . .

To me this looks like a CGFBM with CBT that has been extended by adding 2 inches of clip point to the end of it. The extra length will add a bit of weight but not too much because of the shape. It has fewer CBT than a CGFBM so the flat of the blade is larger by proportion and that will add weight also. I'm guessing that the CG will be about as heavy as a NMFBM fatty, and the light brigade / nuclear version might be more like a .25 NMFBM.

So weight-wise it will hit like a NMFBM which is one of the best Busse choppers. The extra length means it will feel a bit more forward-heavy than a NMFBM, so a bit more fatigue to chop with (?) but also the tip will move a lot faster. Maybe it will perform (slightly) better than a NMFBM for chopping light springy vegetation because of the faster tip?

I wonder about vibration in the blade when chopping on hardwood, because my CGFBM vibrates a bit but my NMFBM fatty doesn't at all. The NMFBM has that extremely solid and satisfying thunking feeling when you hit, whereas the CGFBM sends a bit of a shock up your arm on the hardest hits on very hard wood. Not sure what the extra length will do to this, but I think the larger flat will help, I have no evidence for that it's just an assumption.

Not sure if the swedge is sharpened or not but based on other Busse models I'd say it's not. It should still be pretty stabby but of course, what would you stab? I might have a go at a few watermelons just because it looks like a lot of fun.

For me the utility of this knife will come down to the balance and how it feels in hand. But just to look at it and compare to other BMs I have, I'm sure it will be exceptional.

Do you think the humps on the spine might dampen or reduce vibrations? It seems they distribute the weight to widen the sweet spot for chopping, looks like it might also stabilize the blade from vibrating somewhat. Also comparing BMs made me huhuhuhuh.

Do you think the humps on the spine might dampen or reduce vibrations? It seems they distribute the weight to widen the sweet spot for chopping, looks like it might also stabilize the blade from vibrating somewhat. Also comparing BMs made me huhuhuhuh.

I have to say I don't understand the humps, in terms of what they do in a functional sense. Lots of thoughts from people in recent threads about spine humps but no definitive answers that I could see. Maybe one day Jerry will explain them to us :thumbsup:. I tend to think of them as like camels, the humps provide surplus INFI just in case we ever need it :D And as the old fella who hangs out at the local mechanics likes to say whenever the subject of camels comes up, "How many humps would you like? One hump or two?!" ;):p

Dang it, Jerry!! My incoming tax return is supposed to fund Mystery Grab Bags Round 4 (whenever that is..... two weeks?). I knew you’d tempt me, but I did not expect this. I need a drink.

Ugh the wait is killing me !!

Well tomorrow is another day :)

Jerry
with all the excitement over our new girl, maybe she shouldn't have been cast aside!
She will be forsaken no longer...The Coveted Mistress...

Any chance someone could pm me the newest pic ? Please :)

I really can’t wait to see the specs on this one ! I love the fusion handle on my NMFSH :)

What newest pic? Jerry posted the same ones again, if there was something else I missed it

Back