Whats wrong with this picture?

Ok, saw this on an auction site along with at least 2 others with similar pics and write up-based on the title and write up, what things seem wrong to you?

Person with most things wrong gets an all expense paid trip to thier bathroom:p

Buck USA Model 110 New in box Leather Sheath
B-o4rgEWkKGrHqNikEw5hrnFyzBMPzbiSFg.jpg

Buck 110 Custom Folder New with box Made in USA. Leather Sheath.

Item specifics
Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition Style: Folding Blade

Ok...go!

Nice knife.

Wrong box.

Wrong sheath.

I'd want to get better pics and might bid.

:)

Oh, yeah......it's not new or "custom."

Did you bid on it yet Fritz? :D

It looks like original packaging and sheath for a 110 of that era to me ;)

Did you bid on it yet Fritz? :D

It looks like original packaging and sheath for a 110 of that era to me ;)

No. not yet. I dont want to deal spot so I wont say what price. But for an inverted 2 liner in that condition, its not a bad price, although I would want to "steal" one for a good deal less.:D I figger about the only thing that is accurate is that it's a Buck 110.

The pic isnt good but the zoom shows more-I think this one has been back to Buck for spa treatment-edges are more round than the ones I already have from that era.

He only has 52 feedback.

I'm gonna guess that this is a guy who deals mainly in guns.

I'm gonna guess he got all these odd 110s together on a big gun trade and really doesn't know what he's got. He may even think the boxes are correct.

He doesn't know what he's got and neither do we.

:D

(I'd ask for more pics on a specific knife if you see one that strikes your fancy.)

We should all look at the rest of what he's got......some odd, some odder.

For example, one looks like an inverted Buck USA blade, but the slabs seem to show three rivets plus the rocker. That doesn't match any 110 version that I've ever seen.

Old blade in newer knife? No....... well, the rocker looks like brass.

?

Where's 110 DAVE?

And Buck 110?

:)

Last edited:
Wow, he's got several of them listed. I clicked on his "About Me" and it looks like he has some cool older guns in his shop. I see what looks like an old Winchester Model 62 pump .22 like the one I have. I wish I could run over there and take a look first hand.

the knife looks dirty to me, look at the bottom bolster, also whats the white spot on the sheath?

Nice 110, Ima . Its either a 3Ver. 8var. or 4Ver. 1var.. There are many 110's with one line stamps made in 1967 . DM

the knife looks dirty to me, look at the bottom bolster, also whats the white spot on the sheath?
well it definately has some patina on it but overall, I think she's in purdy nice shape. The white mark on the sheath is probably the price tag from the dollar store it came from:p
Nice 110, Ima . Its either a 3Ver. 8var. or 4Ver. 1var.. There are many 110's with one line stamps made in 1967 . DM

+1 DM, I wish it had some butt rivot pics, close ups of the rear bolster rivots and so forth so we could debate. With all those 3rd version variants, you need real good pics and more likely you wont know until its in your hand.

Like Plum said, he has multiple listings, I havent gone back to check thoroughly but at 1st glance, it looked like they may have the same file pic.

There are two with the same pic......that's it. He has a bunch of odd and misrepresented knives.

Ima, agreed . I'm like you, I wish someone here had it and could post good pictures (which leaves me out) and had time to answer our questions . Boy, we could start the weekend off right discussing this one over a cup of good coffee . The over-all knife actually looks good . Just needs some cleaning . DM ;)

Ima, agreed . I'm like you, I wish someone here had it and could post good pictures (which leaves me out) and had time to answer our questions . Boy, we could start the weekend off right discussing this one over a cup of good coffee . The over-all knife actually looks good . Just needs some cleaning . DM ;)

I'd like to have it but I have something against BIN for that price with wrong componets. I might bid up and over that if given the chance-just a little foible of mine. If it had correct box and sheath, I'd already be checking the Track and Confirm mail site to see if was on its way to me yet:)

Well someone apparently liked em, cause theyre gone. I was going back to check on why one of em was 110 bucks and the others were 75. All seemed about the same IIRC. Anyone here pull the trigger?

No, they're still there.

I came close, but, truth is, there's a good chance I'd end up returning the knife or knives and I don't need the hassle right now.

Either the guy is knowingly misrepresenting the knives or he was scammed and doesn't know it.......either way makes it quite a gamble.

By the way, the one for $100 is listed as 110- so maybe that's the reason? If it's mint it might be a go for some collectors needing to fill a hole quick.

Another thing......I sent the guy two questions yesterday morning.......so it's been over 24 hours with no response. I understand if he's a gun dealer Friday and Saturday would be busy days for him, but still......

Back