What's Your Absolute Favorite Spyderco Steel?

DSC_46561.JPG

Mine is a toss-up between VG-10 and S110V. VG-10 sharpens up so easy and can take a beating, but S110V takes a screaming edge once you set the bevel.

Well I love 'em all, but my favorite is probably s110v. I have actually kicked my zdp manbug out of my pocket (its my secondary knife) in favor of my s110v manix, it keeps cutting when others cant, and a sharp toothy edge is very effective in my trade as well. I have yet to try m4, 204p, 20cp, h1 and bd1, m4 seems like my kinda steel though.
(I havent used any old steels either like ats-34 & 55 or gin 1 etc)

My fav would be M390 closely followed by superblue. Both are awesome steel's.

My favorite is s110v because holds a great edge what seems forver.
And second is cts-204p PM2 great steel as well

I really like how 154 CM Holds an edge, but I'm also seriously impressed with 14C28N on my Kershaw Leek

I would love my Caly Jr. ZDP 189 if I could get it sharp. It gives me fits. ;). Honestly, I just need to get some Zen on with it.

S35 vn and s30v for me. I like the s110v manix that I have but prefer the others. I also really like elmax

VG10. Some of the knife designs that use it are not so interesting these days but VG10 does everything well.

CPM-S30V and ZDP-189. I cannot choose between those two as I like them a lot. Spyderco does CPM-S30V awesomely too....which helps.

ZDP-189 are my sharpest knives. Hair whittling sharp out of the box. I had a small chip in my ZDP Dfly that I was dreading sharpening since I've heard how difficult it is to sharpen. About 1.5 hours on the corners of the brown sharpmaker stones and the chip is gone. Not as bad to sharpen as I expected. I imagine If I had the diamond rods it would have been much faster.

Back