What's your at work knife and your occupation?

Head of the circumcision department, Lenox Hill Hospital.

DSCN4862_zps2nrctvrv.jpg

DSCN4861_zpszhsuitho.jpg

27539948_1701982929823428_6370732798337526368_n_zpsxhtgudvt.jpg

General contractor. 95% residential work. Mostly flooring and kitchen and bath remodels.

At work I carry a Buck 112 on my belt and a Leatherman Wingman clipped in the leg pocket of my work pants.

On the weekends I usually carry just the 112.

I have a Buck 55 and a couple Case stockmans that I use as dress knives and for times I don't want a sheath on my belt.

Archaeologist who now teaches full-time at the university and only gets into the field during summer field schools...my work knife, in the field and in the office/classroom = a SAK. Even at a liberal university the SAK doesn't raise an eyebrow, and I see quite a few others around the place.

Litigation Manager for an Insurance Carrier. I pretty much carry whatever I want. Mostly a small CRK or Walter Wells Custom. Thrown in some other stuff as well.

Almost the only 2 blades I use daily. While at work as a cook.
The 10in Mundial for food and the handy dandy flip open razor knife on a lanyard reel. One handed ez access and I always know right 20180215_182556.jpg where it is.

Livestock inseminater. I specialize in sheep, and slip their hind legs into my rubber boots so they can't run.......Alox Farmer today.

Last edited:
When this thread originally started I worked for the city, but for the last 5 plus years I've been in the Aerostructures business as a manager and quality inspector. My edc rotates, but my Kershaw Skyline sees most of the pocket time.

When I’ve got work as a trucker, I carry as many spyderco military’s, ZT’s 0804cf, 0562cf as I can fit in my vest and pockets. On belt a leatherman surge. When I’m doing sales, I bring whatever is nice enough to show off yet cheap enough to gift to a good customer.

I guess you have to be of certain age/type (like me)to know who that was. I've posted that pic a few places and rarely get any feedback.
I really thought I would get more response to it.

Wonder why, ‘cause Ron is still working his ass off

A guy is walking down the street, sees a clock in a shop front window. He looks at his watch to see if he has the right time, notices his watch is off, and decides to go in to have his watch looked at, maybe fixed. When the man behind the counter greets him, he says, "I need to get my watch fixed."

"I'm not a watchmaker. I'm a mohel," the proprietor answers.
The man looks confused. "But the clock in the window . . ."
"Yeah, I know, but this is a not a clock or watch shop," the proprietor repeats.
"So why the clock?" says the man.
The proprietor answers, "Well what SHOULD I put in the window?"

Zieg

Back