Off Topic whats your buyers remorse?

I hate it when I get an email from “Knives R Us” with models I have to have. ON SALE of course!!
So ...... I brave the wrath I know that’s coming on delivery day from Mama - Then I hit “complete order”. 5 minutes later there will be 1-2 in the Exchange for 1/3 the price!!!

Every CRKT I keep taking a chance on, except the drifter, its a decent small edc, the rest have all been disappointing. I am intrigued by the new "upgraded" line but have yet to see any glowing reviews on the steel.

Not picking up that Bagwell Bowie at Blade Runner in Tucson a few years ago (likely would have cost a divorce, tho':D). Then there are some elegant Randalls at Spyderco's factory outlet in Golden... next time maybe.

Buyers remorse before they arrive or after you actually have them in hand ? :)

My "big" Medfords, should have known they would be too big before even pulling the trigger. Luckily buying used I pretty much broken even when I sold them. (Proxima and General)

Nothing else was a huge regret although many got resold quickly. Most I am glad I tried even though they were not for me. Very few were "what was I thinking" knives

My first and probably last 2 Case knives. Handles are good, but blades are the worst I have ever seen. Uneven grinds, very dull, big burrs along the whole edge partially rolled to the side, rounded tips. Trapper blades are low effort cheaply designed. No half stops, no swedges, most basic nail nicks. For that price I could have bought 7 Rough Riders or 2 CPM154 Manly and save myself disappointment and long waiting for international shipment. It shows what this mythical Made in USA quality means in practice.

Benchmade Crooked River. I guess this one was mostly my fault. I love this design and I thought it will help overcome my hate for axis. It didn't and I disliked it even more for destroying great design by putting garbage lock. At least I managed to sell it quickly without loosing much.

Shirogorov. It was my grail for a long time. Quality was probably as perfect as a folder can be and when I finally got it, I was very happy for a short time. Then I realized because of the price and rarity I don't want to use it, and I just spent a ridiculous amount of money for an useless drawer decoration instead of a new laptop. After that experience I now buy only budget and some midrange knives I know I will carry.

You regret the color right?
I Regret buying a all the gods (mods: please note in the plural and lower-case "g". not a religious or secular comment/phrase) cursed post 1973 Chevy/General Motors. (never again)
The 2.6L(?) V-6 went "poof" (right after I filled the fuel tank, of course) at around 8 mph when taking off from a stop sign like a responsible adult, not some high school kid trying to race the clock. The 4x4 (vacuum and cable operated) didn't work, horrendous mileage, "needed a 37 acre field" to make a U turn (the 66 passenger school buses I used to drive had a much longer wheelbase, and much smaller turning radius. They only required a 5 acre field to make a U turn)
Worst. Vehicle. I. Ever. Had.

I did like the 1960 (2 door) and (two) 1963 (4 door) Corvair's, 1951 2.5 ton Chevy step van, 1949 Chevy 1 ton dually, and 1968 to 1972 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "trucks" I had. If not for the 250 inch inline 6 coupled to a power-slide 2 speed automatic, the 1969 Chevy II (or was it a Nova? No matter, the only difference was the base trim and badges. Carpet same color as seats in Nova, vs textured black rubber. Carpet same color as seats was an extra cost option in Chevy II, if I remember right. Oh, I think an AM single speaker radio was standard in the Nova, and optional in the Chevy II.) my mum had (totaled by one of my younger brothers. also totaled was the car he rear-ended, and the car that rear-ended him (no injuries) would have been O.K..

Last edited:
I’d say generally Rike. I always get drawn in on them and they have nice fit and finish but I rarely carry them and the resale on them is really bad.

The S10 was my last Chevy. I had mine for less than a year and it was one continuous maintenance headache. I blew the transmission and the master brake cylinder, among other things, and that in normal city driving. What a disaster that vehicle was.

As for knives, I regret not selling off the entire collection last year to buy several truckloads of 9mm ammo....I would have been rich ....I tell you rich! :confused: :rolleyes:

n2s

I usually have some buyers remorse on any new knife I purchase anymore. I think it might be because what I already own meet my needs very well.

The last new knife I purchased was last year.
A Spyderco D’Allara 3. I went through a short phase of buyer’s remorse but it did not last long. It is a decent knife but, I did not need another blade.

Last edited:
Not a knife, but I regret buying my Ken Onion Worksharp. It isn't a bad sharpening system, but I am so used to sharpening by hand that the learning curve was too great for me to switch. Poor thing just sits there, judging me as I hand sharpen my blades.

Not a knife, but I regret buying my Ken Onion Worksharp. It isn't a bad sharpening system, but I am so used to sharpening by hand that the learning curve was too great for me to switch. Poor thing just sits there, judging me as I hand sharpen my blades.

I thought that it was a piece of cake. You just need to read the owners manual and practice a little. Why don't you sell it?

I thought that it was a piece of cake. You just need to read the owners manual and practice a little. Why don't you sell it?

I really should sell it to someone who will appreciate it the way it should be appreciated. I should reiterate that it is not a bad sharpening system by any means, I just enjoy hand sharpening and I assumed I would immediately get the same sharpness without sacrificing that joy. Obviously it is on me for expecting Magic, but that is why I consider it buyers remorse.

Back