Off Topic whats your buyers remorse?

I regretted the purchase of an Artisan Cutlery Osprey in CF. As soon as I took it out of the box I knew I wouldn’t be carrying that oddly formed lump of steel.

ZT 0452WBW sprint run, thought I’d like the white cf better, don’t really care for it. I dig the black wash though.....it just sits in a case unused. Now my ZT 0452ti I adore.

Most of my buyer's remorse has been getting them and they are not what I hoped for. Biggest disappointment was after reading so many positive reviews on Great Eastern Cutlery I ordered a #66 and although the fit and finish was top notch the back spring was so stiff I could barely open it without breaking a nail. I flipped it for just a small loss and never looked at them again. Same reason I stopped buying the traditional Case models. I will just never use a knife that much to put up with breaking in a back spring.

I have hundreds of knives and I will never use a lot of them. So, I guess that's buyers remorse to some degree. Someday I will get around to selling a bunch of them. I have no knife stores near me and when I get interested in a particular knife I just buy it. If I don't like it eventually I sell it off.

how many you own right now ?
I only have 2x striders (1x drop point , 1x tanto both old school), 2 sog (1x Tigershark plain edge SK-5 , 1x S1 SK-5) , 1x Anaconda II Bowie convex Aus-8 , ahh and my Rtak-II machete for my wilderness needs...

Im satisfied with what i have and dont plan to ever buy something else (maybe aside a last SMF RW-1)
I even feel i have too much...

Maybe you should plan a selling soon Before the coming big economical krash...after that you knives value will drop insane

I'm a weird one. I've managed to have buyer's remorse for every purchase I've made. Yet if I hesitate and don't make the purchase, I regret that as well. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do.

Every Emerson knife I ever bought. GD lockstick! I’ve been so close to just throwing the crap in the trash but thankfully the cult like following means good resale.

Last edited:
I've had a little bit of buyer's remorse every single time I've purchased a benchmade product.

I've just never been all that impressed with the overall quality and fit/finish. Especially with the higher priced models.

I've had a similar experience with CRKT, though obviously they get a bit of a pass for being more budget oriented.

I really like the buck vanguard, and the buck selkirk. I have both. But the handles are to small for my hands. So after reading all the praise of Esse 5 contoured 3d i bought one. The handle is perfect in size, but the whole knife is just so heavy for an edc knife. With the small kydex shief it comes with it weights in at 22 oz. Thats a lot of weight hanging from my edc pants.

I'm a weird one. I've managed to have buyer's remorse for every purchase I've made. Yet if I hesitate and don't make the purchase, I regret that as well. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do.

Are you asking what to do if buying has become a compulsion? Or are you saying that you have simply been dissatisfied with the items purchased?

CRKT M16
Crappy steel and likely heat treatment. Nylon washer got dirt in it and opening became gritty, the detent failed and opened in my pocket. I cut my hand badly going into my pocket for my keys.
Threw it in the trash........
Never buy another CRKT knife again.

Cut your hand going for your keys. That's just awful. I hope that the knife wasn't too sharp (or the cut too broad or deep).

This is hard and embarrassing to confess but to me it is the two CRK folders that I purchased recently (>$1K together). I feel they are both overpriced. $400 for large inlays and $300 for large PJ would be reasonable prices IMO.

I get a pang of remorse from time to time when I buy something on the spur of the moment. But the pure joy and satisfaction of my collection overcomes that moment of remorse almost immediately. (And, thanks to this Forum, one always has the option of offering pieces from the collection for sale.)

Probably my Giant Mouse Ace Clyde. Part of it is the detent not being right to have a snappy action, part of it is the blade shape, part of it is the blade geometry. I tried to thin it out some but that Elmax takes quite a doing. In the process im sure I have severely hurt my ability to resell it.

Probably my Giant Mouse Ace Clyde. Part of it is the detent not being right to have a snappy action, part of it is the blade shape, part of it is the blade geometry. I tried to thin it out some but that Elmax takes quite a doing. In the process im sure I have severely hurt my ability to resell it.

I haven't suffered from buyer's remorse very often with knife purchases. But I tend to keep the $ amount modest overall. I bought some coffee (big bag) last week, got home, and realized I put the wrong variety in my buggy. I was going to take it back and my wife said..... that's a lot of trouble for $10-$15. She was right of course. I purchased a number of camera lenses in the last year.... initially I was second guessing myself about the purchases (you know, the $). Time passes and I am glad that I made the purchases. It is generally the same with guns initially after the purchase since I pretty much have every base covered with something I like. But I get over it.

I haven't suffered from buyer's remorse very often with knife purchases. But I tend to keep the $ amount modest overall. I bought some coffee (big bag) last week, got home, and realized I put the wrong variety in my buggy. I was going to take it back and my wife said..... that's a lot of trouble for $10-$15. She was right of course. I purchased a number of camera lenses in the last year.... initially I was second guessing myself about the purchases (you know, the $). Time passes and I am glad that I made the purchases. It is generally the same with guns initially after the purchase since I pretty much have every base covered with something I like. But I get over it.

My wife would make me take the coffee back. She s a coupon clipper, which is ok with me.

One day I m going to sell a lot of knives.

Buyers remorse? Not so much with any of my knives but I have with a vehicle or two that were junk. I have had “sellers remorse” on a few knives that I thought I wouldn’t miss but I did once they were gone.

Are you asking what to do if buying has become a compulsion? Or are you saying that you have simply been dissatisfied with the items purchased?

It's neither one of those things, as they're more easily addressed.

No, what I experience is a sense of regret, both if I buy something that I want, and if I don't buy something I want.

When I purchase something, even if it's something I really want, I still experience a period of thinking "Why'd you get that? You don't need that! You're just wasting good money on more stuff you don't need and won't use! You're an idiot! You should've saved that money for something more important!"

If I refrain and don't buy something I want, and later see the prices has jumped ridiculously high or is no longer available, I experience a period of thinking "How well did that work out for you? Now you've got nothing but regrets because you were too cheap to spend a little money when things were good! You're pathetic!"

Every single time. With every single purchase.

Back