Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by heefageLA, Oct 23, 2015.

1. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    Just bought two new ones. M&P 40 & M&P 40C. I am a fan of the 9 and have an M&P 9. I've shot .40 out of both an XDS and a Sig and was not really a fan of the caliber. Recently had a chance to shoot the M&P 40 and liked the .40 out of the M&P platform. The Compact had enough grip while still being easily shootable and I can feed it the full sized mags if need be. Kind of a whole "pistol system" with the pair.

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    We need pictures!

3. 333.okh

333.okh

Mar 23, 2011
    Iver Johnson 38 S&W with 200 grain slugs [British 38/200] drilled by custom manufacturer to 166 grains hollow points at 700 fps. And one Hell of a JK boot knife! Gun just slows em down to get my knife out.

Pressure tested loads for safety.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I had one of those with an exposed hammer in .32 S&W years ago, it was my grandmother's. My daughter has it now, along with my grandfather's old S&W Model 15, his 1950's Colt Detective Special, wood nightstick, and his badge.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  5. YoungCurmudgeon

YoungCurmudgeon

Oct 15, 2014
    Beautiful combo; very classy. It will serve as well for the next hundred years as it would have for the past hundred.

6. YoungCurmudgeon

YoungCurmudgeon

Oct 15, 2014
    Evolution of Carry Gun

1) Beretta 3032 Tomcat: Wife bought this for me at our 1st Christmas as a married couple (December 2003). I never carried it. I was in graduate school at the time so spent most of my time on campus. It does make it to the shooting range from time to time and is a cool little gun.
    [​IMG]

2) Smith and Wesson 642: Bought it used, but unfired. Carried in-the-pocket everyday for ~3 years.
    [​IMG]

3) Ruger LCP w/ Crimson Trace Laser Guard: Purchased new and carried in-the-pocket in a deSantis Super Fly for ~ 3 years. Partially I just wanted a new gun (toy) and partially I wanted something that rode a little flatter in my pants pocket. I wear business casual for work everyday and the LCP prints less than the thicker S&W.
    [​IMG]

4) Kahr PM9 w/ tritium sights and Crimson Trace Laser Guard: Purchased pre-owned and added the CT laser. Carried IWB Appendix in a Garret Silent Thunder holster. Ridiculously easy to shoot (even with +P) for such a compact package. The long, and very smooth, trigger pull is similar to a good double action revolver (it's much better than the 642). I find I shoot it considerably better that my Glock 19 even with the smaller grip. I've been carrying this one for about 1.5 years now.
    [​IMG]

Family Photo
    [​IMG]

7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Pretty nice evolution of guns.

8. bld522

bld522

Feb 3, 2004
    Unfortunately I can't buy the carry gun I want to buy until I relocate to Washington State this summer. I've pretty much settled on a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace laser like the one in YoungCurmudgeons photo except I'll get a Gen 2 for the improved sights and trigger pull. Of course the first order of business will be to get my concealed carry permit.

9. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I'm hoping if business grows this year I can get something new, but until then I'm pretty happy with what I have.

10. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012

11. 333.okh

333.okh

Mar 23, 2011
    Grips are perfect, and the gun is basically mint. Underwear drawer pistol from a local lady who passed. I have the original box of ammo that was bought with the gun.

Rifling is exceptional, but I have only scared the hell out of a few cans with it so far. It is a close range gun and has a fun sound to it. Fits in my vest pocket. Being 6'8" and 300 pounds you don't even notice it.

My JK Knife is amazing and just what I wanted. Simple, pretty, effective.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  12. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Put some Hogue grips on my Taurus. The extra 1/2" length makes it fit my hand perfect.

[​IMG]

13. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    A while back I sold my Ruger MK III. My wife's and my arrangement is any money from selling a gun can be spent on another gun. (Money from knives is for paying bills!). About two weeks ago I traded my Sig P290RS in towards a Glock 43 and added some of the Ruger money to pay it off. I'll get a picture up soon.

14. heefageLA

heefageLA

Feb 2, 2015
    Awesome! I put about 100 rounds through my Kimber Micro yesterday.
    My targets were a bunch of paper plates stuck to tree branches about head high. I practiced mostly on firing two shots as quick as I could while staying as close as I could to the middle of the plate.

One thing I definitely want to change is the sights. I cannot stand having just black posts to aim with. I think I want to keep the back two posts black while having a tritium dot on the front post.

15. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    My preference is like yours, black rear sights and a highlighted front sight.

16. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    big VT gun show today. i found one on my list. and i got a heckuva good price. i couldn't be happier.

(again, i know this has nothing to do with concealed carry, but i think i discussed this in here)

ruger single six
    [​IMG]

17. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Nice!

[youtube]Uwzg7SYZKF0[/youtube]

best

mqqn

18. RIPtastic

RIPtastic Banned BANNED

Jan 20, 2015
    Check out as Sig P238
    Like a mini 1911 chambered in .380

19. robgmn

robgmn

Oct 30, 2015
    +1
    And very well made.

20. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    My Single Six is one I will never get rid of, nice score Todd!