Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Just bought two new ones. M&P 40 & M&P 40C. I am a fan of the 9 and have an M&P 9. I've shot .40 out of both an XDS and a Sig and was not really a fan of the caliber. Recently had a chance to shoot the M&P 40 and liked the .40 out of the M&P platform. The Compact had enough grip while still being easily shootable and I can feed it the full sized mags if need be. Kind of a whole "pistol system" with the pair.

Just bought two new ones. M&P 40 & M&P 40C. I am a fan of the 9 and have an M&P 9. I've shot .40 out of both an XDS and a Sig and was not really a fan of the caliber. Recently had a chance to shoot the M&P 40 and liked the .40 out of the M&P platform. The Compact had enough grip while still being easily shootable and I can feed it the full sized mags if need be. Kind of a whole "pistol system" with the pair.

We need pictures!

Iver Johnson 38 S&W with 200 grain slugs [British 38/200] drilled by custom manufacturer to 166 grains hollow points at 700 fps. And one Hell of a JK boot knife! Gun just slows em down to get my knife out.

Pressure tested loads for safety.

IMG_2031_zpsjblhttdv.jpg

IMG_2032_zpsnevhqke4.jpg

I had one of those with an exposed hammer in .32 S&W years ago, it was my grandmother's. My daughter has it now, along with my grandfather's old S&W Model 15, his 1950's Colt Detective Special, wood nightstick, and his badge.

Last edited:
Iver Johnson 38 S&W with 200 grain slugs [British 38/200] drilled by custom manufacturer to 166 grains hollow points at 700 fps. And one Hell of a JK boot knife! Gun just slows em down to get my knife out.

IMG_2031_zpsjblhttdv.jpg

IMG_2032_zpsnevhqke4.jpg

Beautiful combo; very classy. It will serve as well for the next hundred years as it would have for the past hundred.

Evolution of Carry Gun

1) Beretta 3032 Tomcat: Wife bought this for me at our 1st Christmas as a married couple (December 2003). I never carried it. I was in graduate school at the time so spent most of my time on campus. It does make it to the shooting range from time to time and is a cool little gun.

2) Smith and Wesson 642: Bought it used, but unfired. Carried in-the-pocket everyday for ~3 years.

3) Ruger LCP w/ Crimson Trace Laser Guard: Purchased new and carried in-the-pocket in a deSantis Super Fly for ~ 3 years. Partially I just wanted a new gun (toy) and partially I wanted something that rode a little flatter in my pants pocket. I wear business casual for work everyday and the LCP prints less than the thicker S&W.

4) Kahr PM9 w/ tritium sights and Crimson Trace Laser Guard: Purchased pre-owned and added the CT laser. Carried IWB Appendix in a Garret Silent Thunder holster. Ridiculously easy to shoot (even with +P) for such a compact package. The long, and very smooth, trigger pull is similar to a good double action revolver (it's much better than the 642). I find I shoot it considerably better that my Glock 19 even with the smaller grip. I've been carrying this one for about 1.5 years now.

Family Photo

Unfortunately I can't buy the carry gun I want to buy until I relocate to Washington State this summer. I've pretty much settled on a Ruger LCP with a Crimson Trace laser like the one in YoungCurmudgeons photo except I'll get a Gen 2 for the improved sights and trigger pull. Of course the first order of business will be to get my concealed carry permit.

I'm hoping if business grows this year I can get something new, but until then I'm pretty happy with what I have.

IMG_2031_zpsjblhttdv.jpg

Beautiful finish on that Owl Head! Think I need to go find one!

Grips are perfect, and the gun is basically mint. Underwear drawer pistol from a local lady who passed. I have the original box of ammo that was bought with the gun.

Rifling is exceptional, but I have only scared the hell out of a few cans with it so far. It is a close range gun and has a fun sound to it. Fits in my vest pocket. Being 6'8" and 300 pounds you don't even notice it.

My JK Knife is amazing and just what I wanted. Simple, pretty, effective.

Last edited:
Put some Hogue grips on my Taurus. The extra 1/2" length makes it fit my hand perfect.

A while back I sold my Ruger MK III. My wife's and my arrangement is any money from selling a gun can be spent on another gun. (Money from knives is for paying bills!). About two weeks ago I traded my Sig P290RS in towards a Glock 43 and added some of the Ruger money to pay it off. I'll get a picture up soon.

Awesome! I put about 100 rounds through my Kimber Micro yesterday.
My targets were a bunch of paper plates stuck to tree branches about head high. I practiced mostly on firing two shots as quick as I could while staying as close as I could to the middle of the plate.

One thing I definitely want to change is the sights. I cannot stand having just black posts to aim with. I think I want to keep the back two posts black while having a tritium dot on the front post.

My preference is like yours, black rear sights and a highlighted front sight.

big VT gun show today. i found one on my list. and i got a heckuva good price. i couldn't be happier.

(again, i know this has nothing to do with concealed carry, but i think i discussed this in here)

ruger single six
003_zpsn7yjngbw.jpg

Nice!

[youtube]Uwzg7SYZKF0[/youtube]

best

mqqn

Back