Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

I had these stainless 2 3/4" Speed Six, a 4" stainless Service Six, a 4" blue Security Six, and a 6" stainless Security Six. Those were great guns, I like them a lot better than the GP100.

I had these stainless 2 3/4" Speed Six, a 4" stainless Service Six, a 4" blue Security Six, and a 6" stainless Security Six. Those were great guns, I like them a lot better than the GP100.
I had these? Haha surely you didn't get rid of them! I've never had a GP but they would have to be awful good to be AS good.

Divorce makes you do strange things! I wanted to buy my ex's share of my house, so lots of good stuff had to go.

Luckily I came out of mine with my clothes, my guns, and what little tools I could gather up.

Here's mine
0639e9c4a563bd0d05089f9a2e6c3e6b.jpg

Beautiful old Ruger. Thanks for sharing it!

agreed. i absolutely love it. it's on my list!
Here's mine
0639e9c4a563bd0d05089f9a2e6c3e6b.jpg

EDIT: Seriously. Just checked gunbroker for Ruger Security Six, Speed Six and Service Six. I had forgotten all about these....thanks!

Last edited:
agreed. i absolutely love it. it's on my list!

EDIT: Seriously. Just checked gunbroker for Ruger Security Six, Speed Six and Service Six. I had forgotten all about these....thanks!
Good luck with the search, I got lucky and found this one at a local gun show.

Next year I plan on hunting down a 2 1/2" S&W Model 19, in my opinion the best looking revolver ever made. I had one many years ago, with red ramp front sight and white outline rear sight.

Finally got to shoot my Glock 43 today. Put 200 rounds of 115 grain ball ammo through it and 100 rounds of 115 grain hollow points. I love this gun! Connie put 200 rounds through her M&P Compact .22, we had a great time!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new Glock!

I spent my "lunch" at a shooting range today feeding a couple of old friends.

That's right.

I traded a stainless Ruger P89 (1st gun I ever bought) w/ 10 mags for it 15 years ago. My girlfriend wanted a gun to shoot with me so I worked out a deal with my neighbor. She didn't like the factory grips, so she bought the Hogues.

I married her to retain access to the gun (certainly not the only reason, but it didn't hurt).

That's right.

I traded a stainless Ruger P89 (1st gun I ever bought) w/ 10 mags for it 15 years ago. My girlfriend wanted a gun to shoot with me so I worked out a deal with my neighbor. She didn't like the factory grips, so she bought the Hogues.

I married her to retain access to the gun (certainly not the only reason, but it didn't hurt).

ha. that's funny.

and glad to hear you guys had fun at the range.

Can somebody explain why generic round nose lead .38 ammo costs double what jacketed ball 9mm does?

I'm a dummy, what does that mean?

There is a much higher demand for 9mm (both military and civilian), so manufactures make (and sell) a lot more of it, so it's cheaper. Plus, everyone with a commercial loading press is putting out remanufactured or reloaded 9mm which drives the price down. Not nearly the demand for .38spl as there once was. Some of this is due to the general move away from revolvers and some by the increased number of small autos that have eaten into the snub-nose revolver market.

There is a much higher demand for 9mm (both military and civilian), so manufactures make (and sell) a lot more of it, so it's cheaper. Plus, everyone with a commercial loading press is putting out remanufactured or reloaded 9mm which drives the price down. Not nearly the demand for .38spl as there once was. Some of this is due to the general move away from revolvers and some by the increased number of small autos that have eaten into the snub-nose revolver market.

Thanks! I guess that makes sense. That's one of the reasons I chose the Glock 43 over the Glock 42, ammo price.

Back