What's your favourite knife?

We have many topics ranging from favourite brand to favourite type of knife (fixed/folding...) to favourite steel.

So why not add a thread about a favourite knife?
What's your favourite knife and why? Any reasons are welcome, from just liking the looks, to perfromance to memories...

I mean I don't own lots of knives I could choose from. But my current favourite is Recon Tanto, because it's a first good knife I ever had, and I did lots of work with it, and spent lots of time using that knife.
As much as I like to carry my current EDC knife, it can't beat the feeling of putting this one on my belt when I'm going to forrest or just out to do some work on my yard.
I even used it as lunch knife on my old job. That job was darker period of my life, and this knife was small source of joy in my daily life at that time, despite the fact I didn't even realize it until later. It made my days there easier until I found a better job. Working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week on construction site is bad enough on itself, to make it even worse, majority of my coworkers were alcoholics.

This is like asking a parent who their favorite child is.

I don't pick favorites, but usually it's my newest knife. That or whichever knife(ves) I'm carrying at the time. I own far too many knives to pick favorites. I pick what to EDC.

With that said, my skinny no-choil XM-18 3.5 is my current favorite. It's also my newest knife. :cool:

This is like asking a parent who their favorite child is.

I don't pick favorites, but usually it's my newest knife. That or whichever knife(ves) I'm carrying at the time. I own far too many knives to pick favorites. I pick what to EDC.
Ditto

Like everyone, this is subject to change, but my current is the CRK Inkosi Insingo. It just serves me well as an all around casual carry knife. Plenty tough for most cutting tasks that I encounter but refined enough to have a sense of class. It finds it's way in my pocket most days.

Oo6CtFB.jpg

Y5dO99z.jpg

One that holds a special place in my heart was my first nice knife, The Benchmade HK Snody design. I picked one of these up probably around 15 years ago or so, and it served me well as as my only knife for quite a few years before I got deeper into the hobby. This knife was made before the HK line got the memo that it was supposed to be a lower quality budget line. This thing has perfect ergonomics, an AXIS lock that drops open and closed still better than many I have experienced, and with a rather satisfying feeling at that. I can't tell you how many other Benchmades which were otherwise great knives have left me somewhat disappointed because they didn't live up to the standards set by this first one for me. I don't much carry it any more, but I keep one at my desk for fidgeting.

NRkXrEo.jpg

If I hafta pick one, it’s a large Sebenza 21 with Gabon Ebony inlays. It’s always clipped in my RFP, even when I carry the small plain Jane 21

fk88uBGh.jpg

Here’s the large Sebenza 21 with Gabon Ebony inlays, this was a gift from a friend here on BFC and like all of the gifted knives I’ve received, it means a lot to me. Actually this one means a little more to me because of the circumstances surrounding how I came to be in my possession.

uKFcZaZh.jpg

K6TQTdrh.jpg

There are many more that are my favorites for example all the traditional forum knives are my favorites also. Again because of the circumstances surrounding the acquisition of the various blades they are favorites.

8sKxto8h.jpg

All of my customs are also my favorites, otherwise why would I spend so much money on a knife?

A good example is the JD Ellis Lanny’s Clip I own, how can this not be a favorite knife? Just look at what a beautiful knife it is.

tbu2AUeh.jpg

It’s also is my favorite so I’m sorry to say, I can’t honestly answer your question. I have too many favorites. ;)

Hard to answer.
I've had a Buck 110 or Old Timer 6OT/7OT on my belt every day for at least 45 to 48 years.
My most used knives are the stockman, Scout/Camp knife/SAK, Barlow, Canoe, Trapper, Sunfish, Markin Spike ... and fixed blades like the Mora Number 1, and Western L66.

I've had at least one or the other of those slipjoints in my pocket every day for roughly 60 years.

Today, I'd guess the Buck 110 and a large (4.25 inch closed) Stockman are at the top of my list.
However, that may change in the near future.

Current fave is my custon ZT0920. It's a big knife but the machining of it makes it feel much smaller and absolutely disappears in my pocket. And the action is basically a guillotine.
77254181_575911219808821_5378971046705627136_n.jpg

knife was small source of joy in my daily life
I hear that !
My favorite knife is the one in my imagination made up of a little of this and a little of that from all of my other favorite knives.
Sorry. That's the best I can do.
I have Grails, that I pretty much made myself from a mixture of knives.
Still though those grails aren't my favorite single knife because they don't have my number one favorite steel M4. None of my several M4 knives are my one favorite because the handles leave so much to be desired.
None of my Grails have an axis lock or a compression lock . . .
which are my favorite locks . . .

. . . see how it is ?
I LIKE many, many of my knives :cool: but there is no one favorite :(

Take this handle and blade shape (this is one of my custom Grails)
IMG_4234.JPG
IMG_4233.JPG

Add to that the action and the lock of this knife or the next knife (axis or compression lock)
IMG_4843 2.JPG

And the M4 steel and heat treat of this one.
I would be OK with this natural G10 in the first knife's handle if it was the thick square shape and with a boat load of texture. I really do like the Green G10.
IMG_4683.JPG

Back