What's your favourite knife?

The first answer that comes to mind is "the next one". Which isn't really any answer.

The list of "favorite knives among the knives that I own" has appeared very recently in another thread.

CRKT Large Batum
Boker Slack, G-10
Alox Electrician
Kizer/Gingrich Gti
CRKT Bronze Ripple with a modified wharncliffe blade

The enduring favorite that I've never quite managed to talk myself into, is a custom AD-10.

Favorite are my striders. They are the a jack of all trades. Tanks of knives and yet cut and slice really well depending on the grind ya get.

SnG is my go to EDC - if I need something a bit bigger the SMF gets put in the pocket.
Anything beyond that I grab my DB and go to work - thing is a BEAST and is like a hybrid between a knife and a pry bar that can stand up to just about anything you throw at it!

Absolutely love my striders!

Buck 112 its a classic knife that takes me back to a point in my life where all I wanted to do was roam the hills with a Buck knife and a hand me down Ruger 10/22.

I'm also very fond of stockman and sodbuster patterns for similiar reasons.

My absolute favorite is my custom fixed blade. There are probably better made knives, by better known craftsman, with far superior materials, but this one was made specifically for me, commissioned by a friend, as a thank you gift. The steel is from old tools from his around his farm, the scales are reclaimed from the 100 y/o Maple floors in his house, and it was made by his uncle, who is a working farrier. A knife just doesn’t get much more personal.

JwdGhj0.jpg

KC1f1Qn.jpg

OjD0oHD.jpg

My first, gut instinct answer is my BK14. I respect the hell out of this pocket survival knife that fits my hand so well and can be used for most tasks.

It may also save my life one day, in the wilderness, building a shelter, fire or in the city as an emergency pry tool!

I love that I can carry it 3 ways easily with a few sheath options and it's not a scary looking knife for other ppl.

It won't let me down and won't break. It's always there, like a reliable partner, friend or loyal dog.

I have both a favorite dive knife and a favorite fillet knife that have culled (see iki jime) and cut up a ton of memorable fish over the last decade....

But they are really specialty pieces and niche tools with amazing memories attached.

The Becker is just damn versatile and reliable. I feel vulnerable without it.

The BK15 is my favorite woods knife, but because I can't get away with EDC'ing it, it has become a specialty use knife for me, for now.

I guess I value practicality, reliability, versatility and quality.

I keep coming back to 2 major categories. 1. Anything with an Axis or axis like lock, ball lock etc. 2. Cold Steel knives with the Triad lock. I have, thanks to this forum and YouTube lots of knives in a variety of styles, configurations and steels but my most carried are Benchmade, Spyderco Manix, Sog Terminus XR, a couple of the decent Ganzos I started with, and then any of the Cold Steel knives. I have several Code 4s, three different Voyagers and a few other misc models.

My short list for 2020 consists of more Benchmade, SOG and Hogue axis variants and more Cold steel. Maybe a Manix XL too. I think I've had enough liner locks and frame locks for now.

I'm ashamed to report that I do not know the name of my favorite knife. I must also admit that I'm not a great fan of serrations, and my favorite knife has them.

It's a Boker with a yellow handle and a large dark circular pivot. I took a copy of it and I'm trying to post the picture.

My favorite knife, that's a tuff decision. I would have to say my 3" XM-18 tri way. I won the knife in a photo contest from USA made blades on here. So it will always be special to me, and the knife is almost perfect. It opens like a rocket, fits my hand like it was made just for me.
D3fjh25.jpg

My favorite knife is Cold Steel’s extra large Voyager, clip point. After using it for just a little while, all others knives look too small to cut anything. Cut an apple with a three inch blade? Can’t do it. Won’t go all the way through. Slice a loaf of bread? Can’t do that, either. Little weenie knives won’t go all the way through. Heck, can’t cut through a dinner roll with a little knife, either. Zowie, this thing is big enough to split the world in two, if’n I wanted. But I don’t. Rest assured, I don’t. In the meanwhile, I shall endeavor not to drop it, lest the atom of the world be cloven in two.

Aside from all that, I dig it because it’s superbly light for its size, it’s a wonderful slicer, has a very useful point, and is stronger than I’ll ever need, which makes my fingers safer than when playing with one of my other brands.

Oh, and it was a gift from my wife, complete with engraving.

Last edited:
hard question... but if i could only keep a folder and a fixed blade i would say :
folder : microtech socom elite
fixed blade : trc mille couri

Favorite to look at? Matt Bailey Model 2 geek edition.

wFJpcHm.jpg

Favorite to use? Uh, Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Yojimbo 2, Hogue Exploit, hmm...

Favorite to fiddle with? Hogue Exploit, Kershaw Launch 8, WE Deacon.

Well, guys, and don't laugh too hard, my favorite knife is actually a "Franken knife." It has a polished "Homefront" blade from CRKT, designed by Ken Onion. The handle is a plasticine model from Blue Ridge Knives with a toggle that allows disassembly with your bare hands.

This started are customizing motorcycles, and now I customize everything.

(BTW, I cannot post pictures, what am I missing?)

Back