What's your latest BUCK?

It's been a while since I have purchased a Buck knife but I believe my last purchase was a web special 426 bucklite with a black handle IMO it was a steal for the money.

It's been a while since I have purchased a Buck knife but I believe my last purchase was a web special 426 bucklite with a black handle IMO it was a steal for the money.

Escellent choice! :thumbup: Free shipping had you of gotten three! :)
Wives understand that free thing :D

Yeah I've really enjoyed mine, before they introduced this knife I had been hunting high and low in the local pawn shops for bucklites in reasonable shape but always fell short so when Buck introduced this one I just had to have it I haven't the slightest idea why but I've always been strangely attracted to all things bucklite.

I did good at the swap meet Sunday and got some sweet 501's and some 529's ... I think the 501's came from the old Buck Custom Shop... They have different color wood handles... He said his son worked for Buck, so I gave him my phone number to give to his son... He said his son has alot more buck's... I hope he call's soon... I love San Diego...

Last edited:
My latest is this 1971 Camillus made 301, double liner on one side.....Lot's of krink on the spey blade...
Poor quality pics on the auction got me this one for a song....:)

IMG_0783.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0789.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0784.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0786.jpg
[/IMG]

I finally scored a Titanium Buck! I've always wanted to get a 186, but this black 560 is still pretty nice.
DSCN0999.jpg

My latest buck is an Odyssey that my local surplus store had just received. They got three of them in and two of them were snatched up on arrival by employees. I got the last one. It's a pretty nice knife. My only complaints are that the jimping is too rounded to be off any use other than for decorative purposes and that the linerlock on this knife is what I would call really thin and engages late.

Hey Gunda, what blade steel did you get?
The jimping is a little too smooth on the 420hc and on the sandvic steel versions but that can be remedied:)

Cool, I really like the Odysseys. With the liner engaging late it will probably wear in a little with time. I have an Odyssey that is on it's 3rd blade and probably 15+ years old. They are pretty durable and reliable tools.

I picked up this Bos heat treated S30V 408 at a pawnshop the other day. I like this pawn shop they drop the price with out me even having to ask. Lots of the other shops are chains and don't want to go down on their prices no matter how outrageous. But I digress :)

408.jpg

Beautiful. I've been wanting the rosewood and brass folding Kalinga myself. Kalingas certainly are unique looking knives.

I bought an old boxed one awhile back to resell, but I think I'll keep this one. I like it too. :)

Chad

These are the last 2 I bought. They are 580~> and a 290^.ive carried the 580~> for a year and half now. It'll cut all day long. Feels good in the hand too.
NB8w3CyU

Last edited:
Arrived today my first 110, in a word; awesome! To keep the 110 company, I got the 55 as well.

John

I just picked up a Buck 455 Mini Protege from my local pawn shop for the hefty sum of $5.00 the thing is brand new and still sports the super coarse factory edge this knife really isn't my style but I figured why not.

Hi folks -

Here is my new Bucklite 112 that John Kiedaisch (JK Handmade Knives) gave to me at the recent JK Gathering in Michigan.

He knows I love the 112s, and when the recent deal went on the web specials, he snagged himself a 110 and me the 112 - thanks John!

Here is a pic of the knife at the gathering, next to my JK Keebler-muk.

DSC_3351.JPG

best regards -

mqqn

Well I dont have pictures yet but my latest buck is a two line stamp 119 with micarta spacers. This knife completes my 119 collection. I have all production 119 models made from 1961 through 1985. The only one I don't have is a 119 barrel nut with leather spacers. But mark my words I will find one. I recently acquired a three line stamp 120 (read blade point up) with 4 micarta spacers. This is another hard to find knife and with out it a 120 collection cant be complete.

To the guys who helped me find these I thank you.

Back