What's your latest Schrade? END DATE 8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice idea for a thread Jackie. If we keep it going, it can be like a sticky. Just keep the pictures coming as new ones arrrive.

I'm not real accurate in my dating, but those peachseeds of Charlies and Eric would seem to be from the 50's if I was to guess. They have USA in the stamp, and I think early Waldens did not. The delrin started coming in around 1957, and there was a mix of bone and delrin for a while. Anyway it seems like the last years of the bone handles were not as good as that really nice looking peachseed. The 837 was gone by 1961.

waynorth and Thawk,

Thanks for the dates.

Thawk,

Thanks. I started a similar thread in the "Case Collectors Forum" back in 1986. It is now up to page 18. It's quite popular. It's the purpose to show your latest acquisitions. Plus, in the process, you learn quite a bit. Since the start of this thread, I've finally found out who made and the date of that Colt Bowie and learned about those S-W Brown Bone folders. Now, I'm interested in collecting a pattern set of them. Plus, you get to see rare knives you normally don't get the opportunity to see. I know everybody wants to showcase their knives.

I didn't know that the 153UH came in different boxes. Still don't know what's the significance of the Brown Box version.

And most of all, we get to know each other better. Hope we can keep the thread going.

Jackie
Civil_war_generalab-1-1.gif

here is a batch I picked up saturday. My pictures suck but I dont care about pics just the knives so sorry for the quality. The walden fish knife appears to be mint and unused and the walden pilot knife well ive just wanted one of these for a long time and the price was too cheap to turn down. the other 2 are a pair of old crafty's.- Joel
001knives003.jpg

001knives005.jpg

Nice! Have you noticed how Ebay is removing those orange handle auto <one handed> shroud cutting parachute knives from sale within a few days of listing? My theory is that someone is reporting them to Ebay and they have to act if reported and then as soon as they are removed contacting the seller who will willingly sell off Ebay because they cant sell on Ebay.
I just managed to get one from Vietnam which remained in Vietnam after the war and because it was listed there no one is playing the games only in US....Occasionally one gets through but not often.Even when there is no mention of automatic it happens so Ebay scanners are not picking up the words..it is someone reporting....my theory anyway........you should see more at markets and knife sales now....Joel they are a lot larger those knives than one would imagine now that I have one to hold.

offered to sell me the Colt Bowie for $200. Figured it was worth that.

$200 is a great buy they retailed for $100 in December 1977, I dont know what current inflation would make it now but it would be over $200 in additional to the fact they have long been out of production and BOTH Aurum and Schrade have closed. A nice combination never to be again.
Regards Tim

gradall5200,

Look like you had a super Saturday. They are some nice ones. Really, like the Pilot and Fish knives. You have to like that fish shield.

Jackie

My Latest An APEX APT1 -Ireland.
I should have an APEX section open on the web site tomorrow and watch for the Germans too.

APEX-APT1-Ireland.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the new sections Larry!

My newest Schrade is actually a Schrade this time. Well, a Schrade Walden.

255rvko.jpg

286veid.jpg

Less than cherry condition, but it is an acceptable example of the type to me. And it does have the original sheath, albeit a bit worn.

G.M.

Nice looking 147LWE. Excellent pictures, too.

Larry,

You got a fantastic Imperial collection. Learned something, too. Didn't know Imperial had knives made in Ireland. Thanks, for sharing them.

Michael,

It's great to see that you got that beauty.

Jackie

Schrade NY USA 285UH
Generic Brown Box (no pattern number on cover) and Generic Uncle Henry Warranty Replacement Paper
Spey marked STAINLESS. Clip has no + or STAINLESS marking.
285_UH_st.jpg

Serial # J61593

Im new to collecting Schrade Knives,i have an Oldtimer and a friend of mine sent me the Extreem survival over from the US.

i don't have this knife yet, but the little sweetie is coming:
2 1/4" teardrop jack/tortoise shell(i hope)/ Ellenville Knife Co.
means 1871-1875 when it became: Ulster Knife Co.
i will post pics !
roland

I really like this little baby. Picked it up a few weeks ago.

schrade234k.jpg

oh by the way not my picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back