What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Nice HO12 nbkr, I have not seen too many of those...
Schrade was thinking about selling an ACB72 in blue rope-cut bone, in 2004.
The ACB knives did not make it to production... Ken
Schrade gave these 72 Old Times away to their customers, in 1987.
source

source

source

source

Last edited:
I recently had this nice box-full of US-based Schrade arrive from my parcel forwarder. Some real nice additions. They will all get cleaned and polished at my usual glacial pace. Here's the whole lot as received.

Top-left: Schrade Cut. Co. SS7099SI inked salesman sample

Interesting gent's knife variation from when stainless steel was relatively new and portrayed as the coolest thing ever. The SS prefix specifies that the knife has stainless blades. That's a relatively common option. The SI suffix specifies that the knife has stainless handles and spring. This senator is completely stainless. As my first inked sample knife it's a great new addition to my Cut Co herd.

Top-center: black basket-weave "Schrade" stamped sheath for small knife

I have never seen these paired with a knife so when I first saw it listed I wondered if it was a legit pre-2004 ISC product. Then I saw it was Herman Williams selling it. He tells me he bought them from a collector who purchased them when Schrade closed-up shop in 2004. That's legit enough for me.

Top-left: 3OT, brass and green fibron. Ducks Unlimited "Greenwing" in matching DU sheath

Lots of verdigris but should look great when I'm done cleaning both the knife and the sheath.

Center: PH1-sized sambar stag SFO for 1999 Calgary Stampede in original (fully welted) sheath

This fine Canadian SFO is pretty hard to find. I don't know how many they made but I'd be surprised if it was more than 250 or 350. Maybe even less judging by how often they appear online. It's in fantastic condition. Patina on the brass is the worst thing I can say about it. I love burnt sambar handles and the bonus Canadian content makes this one a double winner for me.

Bottom-left: E.Weck stamped SFO. Schrade Cut. Co. 8653T Sha lobster

This is my first Cut. Co. bone-handled knife and it's also my first 3" Sunfish Lobster so another great addition to my Schrade gent's collection. It is in very nice condition with no chips or cracks on the handles. The jigging is very attractive. The blades all have good walk and talk.

Scattered throughout are five 100th Anniversary pins I grabbed. They are the same shield as applied on the 100th Anniversary money-clips.

HJpjYdu.jpg

Last edited:
Greenwings. Another 36Ot and a 707UH
View attachment 1422833
Nice ones! Have you made a list of all of the DU Greenwings knives you have found? I love the green Delrin covers. I have a pair of the 154OT pattern fixed blades made for U.S. Tobacco (SKOAL), but the use of green Delrin on fixed blades was quite uncommon.

Nice ones! Have you made a list of all of the DU Greenwings knives you have found? I love the green Delrin covers. I have a pair of the 154OT pattern fixed blades made for U.S. Tobacco (SKOAL), but the use of green Delrin on fixed blades was quite uncommon.
Thanks. I only have the three Greenwings so far. I do have a 194OT Skoal in green too.

Thanks! yes, I totally agree. I've been carrying it the last couple weeks, and it is about perfect for my front pocket. big enough to do most any pocket knife task, but not so big that it's cumbersome in my pocket.

Hello everyone. This is my first Schrade, my first post in bladeforums, and my first post ever in English (I'm not English speaking). A bit too many firsts. I am humbled by the rich variety and beauty of the Schrades here shown, anyway, this is my modest contribution to the thread. Two days ago I received this 5OTG in its original clam package. Quite extraordinary, considering the difficulty to get good old American knives where I live. Here are a couple of photos. (Now I'm faced with the "to be or not to be" question: shall I open it, or shall I keep it packaged?)

XnwPO3.jpg

Ro4mmC.jpg

Welcome to the forum Gonzalo! Your English is fine. Congratulations on acquiring a nice unused Schrade! The 5OTG "Green Bruin" lockback was produced from 1991 through 2003 but that package design changed circa 2000, so your knife was made circa 1991-2000. If the warranty paper doesn't list the website, it was made pre July of 1998. No wonder the PVC plastic of the clampack has yellowed!

The clampacks do present the collector with an issue as to whether or not they should be opened. All that remain unopened are all there will ever be and that number gets smaller every year.

What works for me has been to get another one already unpackaged to use or play with. But then again, the knives were made to be used so there is nothing wrong with you deciding to do just that. And it is a nice feeling to have a trusty Schrade knife in you pocket!

Codger's post is the penultimate perfect post to the post from the Gentleman with the new clampack. Yes; I personally would just get a user for the pocket and keep the clam pack intact. May I ask where you live?

Hello everyone. This is my first Schrade, my first post in bladeforums, and my first post ever in English (I'm not English speaking). A bit too many firsts. I am humbled by the rich variety and beauty of the Schrades here shown, anyway, this is my modest contribution to the thread. Two days ago I received this 5OTG in its original clam package. Quite extraordinary, considering the difficulty to get good old American knives where I live. Here are a couple of photos. (Now I'm faced with the "to be or not to be" question: shall I open it, or shall I keep it packaged?)

XnwPO3.jpg

Ro4mmC.jpg
Nice find thumb.gif thumb.gif
Welcome to the Forum wave.gif
Your English is excellent.
If you think you will ever want to sell it, then don't open it.
If it gives you pleasure to own something rare, pristine and new in the package, don't open it.
If you think that if you open it, you will fidget with it, maybe carry it a couple of times and then it will sit in a drawer (or wherever) and not be used, then don't open it.
If you want to carry and use it, open it.
If your going to stress over it too much, open it and solve the problem :)
Its not an uber rare collector piece, at least not here in the USA. Being in the USA, I'd probably do what others are recommending and get another, already opened one, to use. May not be the case where you're at.
Bottom line: Do what will give you the most satisfaction and don't worry about it after the decision is made. If you don't open it now, and it bugs you, you can always change your mind and open it later. Once its opened, its done.

Welcome to the forum Gonzalo! Your English is fine. Congratulations on acquiring a nice unused Schrade! The 5OTG "Green Bruin" lockback was produced from 1991 through 2003 but that package design changed circa 2000, so your knife was made circa 1991-2000. If the warranty paper doesn't list the website, it was made pre July of 1998. No wonder the PVC plastic of the clampack has yellowed!

The clampacks do present the collector with an issue as to whether or not they should be opened. All that remain unopened are all there will ever be and that number gets smaller every year.

What works for me has been to get another one already unpackaged to use or play with. But then again, the knives were made to be used so there is nothing wrong with you deciding to do just that. And it is a nice feeling to have a trusty Schrade knife in you pocket!

Thank you, Codger_64, for your warm welcome to the forum, and for your reassuring word about my English. I'm afraid I've fallen to temptation, and disregarding your sound advice of buying another knife, I've opened the package. In my defense I'll argue it's virtually impossible to find another one where I live (I was unbelievably lucky to come across this one), and that I love to touch my knives (I wonder what a psychologist would say about it). The warranty leaflet brings a 1991 date, so I guess that might apply to the knife itself.

Back