What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Codger_64, Mar 2, 2018.

1. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    Nice HO12 nbkr, I have not seen too many of those...
    Schrade was thinking about selling an ACB72 in blue rope-cut bone, in 2004.
    The ACB knives did not make it to production... Ken
    Schrade gave these 72 Old Times away to their customers, in 1987.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Bloefield, 315 and mbkr like this.
  2. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    This is some more Bone handled 72s in my Schrade colection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Stainless 881 arrived today

[​IMG]

4. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    My first Schrade, was an 881, and it has been my E.D.U. since 1973.
    [​IMG]
    You do not see these on eBay...Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Bloefield and Codger_64 like this.
  5. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Picked up a yellow Heritage Trapper to go with my yellow Heritage peanut
    YellowHeritage-1.JPG

315 and Codger_64 like this.
  6. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Looks like you're on your way!

7. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I recently had this nice box-full of US-based Schrade arrive from my parcel forwarder. Some real nice additions. They will all get cleaned and polished at my usual glacial pace. Here's the whole lot as received.

Top-left: Schrade Cut. Co. SS7099SI inked salesman sample

Interesting gent's knife variation from when stainless steel was relatively new and portrayed as the coolest thing ever. The SS prefix specifies that the knife has stainless blades. That's a relatively common option. The SI suffix specifies that the knife has stainless handles and spring. This senator is completely stainless. As my first inked sample knife it's a great new addition to my Cut Co herd.

Top-center: black basket-weave "Schrade" stamped sheath for small knife

I have never seen these paired with a knife so when I first saw it listed I wondered if it was a legit pre-2004 ISC product. Then I saw it was Herman Williams selling it. He tells me he bought them from a collector who purchased them when Schrade closed-up shop in 2004. That's legit enough for me.

Top-left: 3OT, brass and green fibron. Ducks Unlimited "Greenwing" in matching DU sheath

Lots of verdigris but should look great when I'm done cleaning both the knife and the sheath.

Center: PH1-sized sambar stag SFO for 1999 Calgary Stampede in original (fully welted) sheath

This fine Canadian SFO is pretty hard to find. I don't know how many they made but I'd be surprised if it was more than 250 or 350. Maybe even less judging by how often they appear online. It's in fantastic condition. Patina on the brass is the worst thing I can say about it. I love burnt sambar handles and the bonus Canadian content makes this one a double winner for me.

Bottom-left: E.Weck stamped SFO. Schrade Cut. Co. 8653T Sha lobster

This is my first Cut. Co. bone-handled knife and it's also my first 3" Sunfish Lobster so another great addition to my Schrade gent's collection. It is in very nice condition with no chips or cracks on the handles. The jigging is very attractive. The blades all have good walk and talk.

Scattered throughout are five 100th Anniversary pins I grabbed. They are the same shield as applied on the 100th Anniversary money-clips.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  8. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Greenwings. Another 36Ot and a 707UH
    GW36-2 707UH-2.JPG

315 likes this.
  9. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    Nice ones! Have you made a list of all of the DU Greenwings knives you have found? I love the green Delrin covers. I have a pair of the 154OT pattern fixed blades made for U.S. Tobacco (SKOAL), but the use of green Delrin on fixed blades was quite uncommon.

10. mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Thanks. I only have the three Greenwings so far. I do have a 194OT Skoal in green too.

11. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I like 'em!

This is a fresh scan of the Greenwing 3OT I posted previously in a group-photo. It looks real nice after I cleaned it up.

[​IMG]

315, Codger_64 and mbkr like this.