What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Codger_64, Mar 2, 2018.

1. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    Recently been really in to the 153uh pondered a custom version from a very good maker it was $500+ so I thought hmm you know what how about I send Herman Williams a message and see if he’s got one he’s customized lying around.

He didn’t but he said he’d be in to making me one in 2-3 weeks wasn’t expecting that! I’m very excited.

Now to get a custom sheath for it.

Codger_64 likes this.
  2. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    The brown bone showed up in the mailbox today to complete the trio. Not a very good photo but here it is.

[​IMG]

3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    A pretty nice SW 825RB

[​IMG]

edbeau, Bloefield, TheChunk91 and 4 others like this.
  4. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    75C87E2B-3369-4B92-A046-9899553BB2C2.jpeg 51CD6D4C-5DBF-46D9-9875-A5E5C96C6F92.jpeg

koldgold, edbeau, Duckdog and 2 others like this.
  5. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    This New York knife, is a knife I would like to see more of, in my collection. Their hard to find from Australia.
    If anyone has too many of these Schrade, please send them to me... Ken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    edbeau, Duckdog, jxr1197 and 3 others like this.
  6. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    I added a couple more Bisons to the heard today.

[​IMG]

7. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Did some trading with @Duckdog to get all the 0097 Bisons.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

biglmbass, Grateful, edbeau and 5 others like this.
  8. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    That's a great family portrait. I'm glad to have sent the red-headed sibling that I had your way.
    -Stuart

315 likes this.
  9. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    Here are two more Cut Co gent's knives on the way to me now. A "Coca Cola" SFO 2-blade Senator that needs more sleuthing and a 81016Sha pearl lobster. I will add both to Gent's Knife Thread when they are cleaned and scanned.

The Coke knife I snagged for $20.00 on the hopeful assumption that it looks so bad it must be very good. I'm thinking I might find sterling silver under all that tarnish and if not it's still worth what I paid. What do you think? Sterling?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 81016Sha looks to have some fiery pearl. These were made for less than a decade as they 1st appeared in the 1938 supplement. It doesn't show in 1940 catalog though so maybe only a year or two of production. It is smaller than the more common 3" sleeveboard lobsters at 2-1/2".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

koldgold, TheChunk91 and Codger_64 like this.
  10. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    April has been very good.

I picked these up at the tulsa wanenmacher arms show.

IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg

I got this on ebay. I can't resist the jr cattles when they have great blades like this one, the bone has patches on the front side but it's perfect to carry around some.

IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg

Last but not least I got this in a trade.

IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4052.jpg

biglmbass, Grateful, edbeau and 4 others like this.
  11. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Paul, I never tire of the Schrades you’ve accumulated. Is the top 861 actually bone? In the photo the jigging just looks like it has crisper edges to me.

12. TheChunk91

Aug 15, 2013
    Yes they are all bone.

13. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Even better! Sometimes it is difficult for me to tell in a photo and I’m not familiar enough with tang stamps and aging a knife to know...

14. TheChunk91

Aug 15, 2013
    It doesn't help that my photos are not high quality, but as a general rule the schrade walden NY stamp with no usa was used from 1946 to about 1953-54 when they started putting usa on the stamp. These early walden stamps will be pre-delrin. The USA stamp was used until 1973 so there are more delrin knives with that stamp than bone. Schrade did not often use peachseed delrin, it was mostly on ulsters line. The peachseed delrin was never quite the same color as the bone, it usually has an amber like hue to it. Bone can range from almost black to various shades of brown and tan and some even with a green hue. Red tinted peachseed was used in the 50's, it's usually a dark red but not always.

The wavy bone I have seen is always red tinted. The jig is the same they used on delrin but the delrin was usually some shade of brown, some with a little red tint but the color between bone and delrin is usually pretty easy to discern. Delrin is very smooth and uniform, it lacks texture that bone has. When you look on the ends and edges of the handle this is where the differences are most evident.

315 likes this.
  15. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Had a package in the mail today. So poorly packaged I’m actually surprised it was still in the box but it made it.

[​IMG]

16. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Schrade Walden NY #295K, the 3" peanut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

koldgold, Grateful, edbeau and 4 others like this.
  17. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    The Schrade Walden 881 arrived today.[​IMG]

Boggs, Grateful and koldgold like this.
  18. delmas2nd

delmas2nd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2008
    i just love butter and molasses knives wish i had more.

19. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I have had a fancy National Parks Service "Ranger Edition" 5OT for a while. Today I landed a natural stag 5OT stamped knife with no shield or etch. Stag on this example matches well. Happy score with sheath included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

edbeau and Grateful like this.
  20. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    I got a pair of Cut Cos in the last couple weeks.

#8776 MOP Lobster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2012 Ebony Teardrop EZ Open
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

biglmbass, edbeau, Grateful and 3 others like this.