Whats your pocket knife pet peeve?

A lot of people have chimed in against 8Cr13MoV, but it works well for me, especially reground to under .012" behind the edge.

Aside from the obvious of poor QC, my pet peeve would have to be design elements that make no sense, like tabs that cross the path of a lockbar, or hot spots caused by handle points, edges, or grooves, and poorly done jimping or thumb ramps.

There is a guy at work that pulls out his knife for any and every reason showing it off. It always a production for him.... exaggerating wrist action and snap with his skull covered Mtech.

Thin FRN scales that flex when I tighten my grip...horrendous.
Uneven factory grinds...in the age of CNC and robotics how retarded
does the factory have to be to let craptacular grinds out the door?
Burned areas of the edge by factory sharpening fail.
Poor action, poor centering, scratches in blade or scales. Poor lock up,
blade play, crap soft factory screws. Use of locktite other than blue...

I think becoming educated by this site has made me a tad picky...

On the upside, I now have a decent assortment of nice high quality blades!

Regarding the knives themselves: 1. Knives with one Ti scale and one plastic (i.e: FRN, G10, micarta, etc) scale; 2: Tanto, recurved and serrated blades; 3: Irregular and unreliable “quality control”; 4: Brand name-based overinflated prices; 4: Clips that aren’t deep carry; 5: Gun show garbage and the squirrels who sell it.
Regarding our world and how knives are viewed and treated: 1: Idiots who react to pocket knives as if the knives were machine guns; 2: Mindless, draconian regulation of knives (e.g: NYC, London, etc).

Strong agree, especially on retarded laws. Where I live gravity knives, OTF autos, out the side autos,
giant pocket folders...all are legal. Which is as it should be. Currently people from the insane areas
of both coasts are moving here...and they freak out when they see almost any kind of knife pulled out.

Here is a true story: I was at a local police dept doing some work and whipped out an Endura
to open a box...Instantly the officers present noticed and one said "is that a spyderco?"
I answered yes and we proceeded to have a fantastic conversation about knives. He was carrying
LOTS of knives so we had a blast. Very memorable. In other parts of the US it would have been
very different...which is just sad.

There is a guy at work that pulls out his knife for any and every reason showing it off. It always a production for him.... exaggerating wrist action and snap with his skull covered Mtech.
Actions like that do nothing for me and I question if it does any good for the overall image of knife owners.

Of course skull covered knives are even a bigger turn off in my book.

Skulls are one reason I don’t own two different brands in my collection.

Back