What's your yearly Knife addiction budget??

What I can comfortably afford and want to put towards it. It all comes out of the "fun" money, so it means less money for movies, games, etc there is no dedicated knife fund.

What I can comfortably afford and want to put towards it. It all comes out of the "fun" money, so it means less money for movies, games, etc there is no dedicated knife fund.
+1 ^ yep I know that feeling well and my wallet hates me for it ,but I stopped minding and learned that I like knives so I'm good :D

It's certainly varied over the years. This year i'm definitely breaking a record. I can only hope i'll be breaking this record in 2015 :D

My Knife budget last month ran kind of high as I bought myself a couple of extra presents that I have really been wanting to get ~~ so I went way over what I should have -- but you only live once and you can't take your knives with you when you go.!! My Son's will get them to play with or whatever.!^^ I spent right at $957.86 in April and as a rule I try to keep it around $500 or so a month.! Love my Spydies & ESEE's & GEC's & Case Pearl & Damascus & my CRK's & last but not least my Customs.!

Same here...

It has become an expensive hobby for me during the last 2 years. Our exchange rate to the USD almost doubled (twice as expensive now as 3-4 years ago), plus it's $50 shipping plus import duties a pop to SA. But it's still less expensive than buying locally.

As a result my purchases have been much less and I have to be able to justify the role of the knife in my collection. I am happy that I have most of my bases covered already, but there is definitely no space for safe queens!

It varies. 2012 was expensive, since I got two CRKs, but last year I didn't spend very much.

I'm on my way to having a knife hobby that has paid and pays for itself. That's a personal goal. I'm going to put my yearly budget at 3-5 Spydercos.

Krav

Platinum Member
My knife spending go's up in the spring and summer, work is more abundant. No set amount, after bills and everything else is paid, the hunting begins.

kwick72

Gold Member
I don't have a budget I do have a wife that gets it and is very understanding and sometimes talks me into a knife. If the expendable income is there I buy it.

It vary, depending on my my family income, other needs, gas, grocery, utilities cost and so on.
Years ago it was 2-3K, now it is negative. Still have more knives than I can use in my lifetime. :) And fortunately, it looks like addiction is over.

Greykilt

Platinum Member
I try to be realistic with myself/ Sometimes I see a knife and I feel I really have to have it so I budget for it. But there have been times I've thrown the budget out the window.
Like this...

I can eat Top Ramen for awhile. Well worth it.

What is this budget you speak of?

When the fun fund is empty, I quit buyin.

About $1200 ($100 per month) spent on roughly 4-6 knives. If I'm on a streak I might buy most of those in 1-2 months and go months before getting something else. I follow a strict rule - no buying from anyone not on my specified list of makers. I prefer to buy only custom orders but will buy knives from my specified list of makers if it's in budget and won't interfere with funding a custom order.

I like knives too much to either quit buying them or let them run me into the ground. So this is my happy medium.

Do we really want to discuss budget or average monthly spend? This could get depressing! My name is Andre and i'm a Spyder-holic ;)