**When are the D2 Sifus with finger gooves coming out???

I'm sure that everyone is doing their best. I'm willing to wait a while longer, as long as they don't charge my card. I doubt that they charge before stocking the product. You can bet that everyone, on all sides, are frustrated
wink.gif

I was charged for mine on my last credit card statement, and of course have yet to see the knife or receive any confirmation on the shipment. I understand that things like this can take a while so I have been waiting quietly so far. However, having been charged for the knife I would like to see it SOON!

This is off of their web site:

"Order Cancellations: For your own protection, all order cancellations must be done by phone; between Monday - Friday, 10AM - 5PM EST. Please call 1.904.739.3438 and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
ALL CANCELED ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO A 20% RESTOCKING FEE."

That certainly looks like they charge the card. They can't possible charge a 20% restocking fee when they have not met their promise. I ordered when they posted stating that the D2's would be coming in "next week". So, they won't keep the 20% when their projections are wrong.

[This message has been edited by Gary H (edited 01-05-2001).]

Gary, I've got a feeling that poor communications are going on between REKAT and 1SKS, as well as all of us. Mike said that he'd foot the bill on these until he received confirmation of their shipping from REKAT. See: http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum54/HTML/002698.html
On Dec. 15, 1SKS said that the SE Sifus would begin shipping the next week from REKAT, starting with the BT models, stonewash coming later. What has actually shipped from REKAT are regular Sifus in D2 to some other dealers. Christina states that all of the new models have priority in manufacturing in order to make the upcoming show, and that

"The next production will be the Blade Forums Sifu’s with the Black T finishes first. To help make up for the unexpected delays we are going to serial number them in both models 1-75 in Stone washed and 1-75 in Black T with factory Letters of authenticity at no charge."

That's when I asked if she would clarify. We still don't have an answer yet. My problem's not with them not being manufactured yet, just with the apparent "mushroom" treatment!
biggrin.gif
I still want one, but I don't need to be jerked around so that I'll keep my order placed! I responded to the information that REKAT apparently gave to 1SKS, and they passed it on to us. I want to know what's real.

Hank

That is real bull**** from Rekat. They should not penalize the customer with a 20% restocking fee when it was their fault for not delivering on time. They really need to get their act together because there is so much competition in the market and word is getting out that they are screwing over customers.

You guys should complain to Rekat via phone, fax or email.

GaryH, I cancelled my order yesterday. Got my CC statement today. 1SKS has already charged me for the knife. When I called to cancel, they didn't mention that my card had already been charged, or if/when they would be giving me a reimbursement. And yes, 1SKS does charge 20% restocking fee. Now I have to call long distance again on Monday to confirm that my card will be reimbursed.

Tom

Folks, we do not charge a 20% restocking fee on all orders. And our restocking fee has nothing at all to do with REKAT so please don't put this ball in there court.

Read the terms and understand exactly what you are reading. "All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee."

This does not say that all returns are charged a restocking fee. The restocking fee is in place because we have been SCREWED several times by customers who place orders for say 100 Spyderco Lady Bugs and then we order them (since we only stock about 5-10 at a given time) only to have the customer cancel the order 3 days later. This has happened several times and we simply can not afford to take on extra inventory like that. We also have it in place for those who send back items without paperwork, boxes or simply beyond a reasonable return time. We feel 7 days is ample time to determine if you like a knife or not. Also several customers were taking advantage of our liberal return policy by buying say 5 knives to just look them over and returning the 4 they did not want. This gets really irritating from a dealers point of view. I hope you understand.

Also when we say we have a lot of inventory tied up in the SE Sifu we mean that under CPA type guidelines a product is considered part of your inventory when it is paid for, regardless of wether or not it is physically in your stock. So our year end inventory includes the SE Sifu even though not one knife has made it to our door. I am sorry for the confusion that statement may have caused.

If you canceled your order for a Sifu then you will get a FULL refund if not already. We were told by REKAT that the knives would be shipped like we said in our original post within 10 days. This is an OEM project so we had to prepay the order. Since the entire project is a special order type project we billed the cards when we thought they were secured.

A series of events occurred and the project got delayed. We did not have an idea of how much of a delay which is why we were vague in our answers to you. But rest assured these knives KICK ASS and will be out shortly after the Shot Show.

We apologize for the delay and the errors in communication. The fact that we were in the middle of Christmas season only made matters worse as Bob and I played a bit of phone tag and both of us were working on the information as supplied by outside sources we had no control over.

We promise to make all right and look for some really cool stuff soon.

------------------
Every knife from every major manufacturer. If you don't see it, don't worry we can get it.
http://www.onestopknifeshop.com/store/index.html
Call 1-800-956-4652 to Order
Call 1-904-739-3438 for INFO
Sales at 1SKS help support this forum!
1SKS is a WOW company!

[This message has been edited by 1SKS (edited 01-06-2001).]

Thanks for the clarification. Business is tough. I've been the business person in the middle where everyone tried their best, but it just went South. Life sure gets crazy from time to time. I'm having one of those days in my office. So, looking forward to a very nice knife.

Having to pay in full for a product that has a history of dubious release dates seems like a bad business decision. It's not very fair either.

I don't mind being charged a down payment but paying in full for a product that hasn't been released yet? Hmmm...

I should start charging interest payments for the time I have to wait then!
wink.gif

I'm not going to cancel yet because I think this grooveless, SE model will be kick-ass for starters. Secondly, it will have mass appeal due to it's more versatile styling, and collectible since there are only 150 of them being made.

[This message has been edited by Full Tang Clan (edited 01-06-2001).]

I want to thank you guys for the information as well. Knife knuts like us get pretty shaky when we're waiting for our fix!
biggrin.gif
Now, I'll not only have a SE Sifu, but I'll have to lust after the new Rekat offerings as well. Damn knife makers...bad as crack dealers, stringing us on with their goods!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Hank

Full Tang Clan

There very well may be more than 150 ever made. Should Mike Turber want more knives produced then REKAT would make more. This was an exclusive OEM project for BladeForums we are simple making them. The first 150 will be first editions and numbred per model 75 BlackT and 75 Stonewashed.

Christina Montero

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Christina Montero:
Full Tang Clan

There very well may be more than 150 ever made. Should Mike Turber want more knives produced then REKAT would make more. This was an exclusive OEM project for BladeForums we are simple making them. The first 150 will be first editions and numbred per model 75 BlackT and 75 Stonewashed.

Christina Montero
</font>

What the heck, Christina. I'd still buy one if there were 15000 so called limited editions!
smile.gif

Thanks for the update REKAT and 1SKS! Now I can start budgeting for that Carnivore I've been lusting for. <As Clyde checks his six to make sure the wifey isn't looking over his shoulder>. With the new models and such coming to market maybe there will be some activity with the REKAT web site in the near term.
In Anticipation...
Clyde

Thank you 1SKS. It is great to hear that 1SKS is an honest business. I am recommending 1SKS to all my peers and I think everyone should buy from this reputable business.

Nice to hear from 1sks. Most of the people on these forums are understanding and patient; however, I think 1sks may want to check postal regulations regarding mail order rules and make sure none are being violated.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rogue_spear:
When are the D2 Sifus with finger gooves coming out?</font>

Received mine yesterday from Knife Outlet.Don't know if it is pre or early production - they had one in stock when I placed the order. It has been carried (minimally) but no blood, no blame. It is _large_!! Handling from the pocket is going to take some practice, starting with old jeans which already show G10 wear. Action is smooth although studs could be a bit larger.Balance (feel, whatever) is still as first perceived on first impression - GOOD.With only one day, that's about all I can advise. I've smoothed the peaks of the finger grooves with 600 grit, as G10 points translate finger grooves into "serrations" when applied to pocket material. I'd like to see the steel specs. I have been a fan of D2 for years, and the "enhanced" tag is intriguing.

Back