**When are the S&W HRT knives coming out???**

Anyone have info on the Darrel Ralph S&W HRT knives? How much will they cost? When will the folders and fix blade come out?

I think the one that you mean is the HRTmg . . . there is another HRT folder that has a skeletonized aluminum handle and is a VERY different style than the HRTmg with the magnesium handle. (See Dexter Ewings pics in the What's New section) I have not found the HRTmg available yet but would like one too!

Don't know, don't care.
S&W=sellouts!
Untill Safety Hammer comes forth and rescinds the prior deal made by Thompkins, they can die a slow death.

You can also do better in terms of quality than something from Taylor Cutlery.

-Razor

------------------
me.gif

AKTI #A000845

If the knife is good who cares? Not me. Its not like they are made using child slavery is it? What brand of shoes are you wearing? Now that is a principle.

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Well General, no offense but S&W did not make a deal with the devil to restrict your right to purchase a firearm. As a Subject, your rulers did that for you.
Buy S&W if you wish.
Our recourse as Citizens of the United States is to boycott S&W.

Its a British company
wink.gif

------------------
Wayne.
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Certified steel snob!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The General:
Its a British company
wink.gif

</font>

Yeah, a British company who signed a deal that makes it more difficult for Americans to buy guns. My local gun dealer decided to continue to carry S&W guns, and as a result I would be subject to a number of restrictions if I chose to continue to patronize this dealer. Which I do not, of course, their decision to go along with S&W cost them my business.

I'm surprised that Darrel collaborated with them, given the political comments he's made in the past. Disappointing. The issue isn't really their knifemaking design practices, it's the agreement they signed with the government to restrict gun commerce.

Ryan

------------------
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:23

In big D's defence, this collaberation was before the S&W deal as far as I know. I have never heard the full story about what happened with S&W. I thought that they pulled out of the gun business to avoid being sued when people shot others with a S&W gun? I hear you country is a bit sue happy? That is the story we are fed all the time, am I right?

------------------
Wayne.
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Certified steel snob!

Ryan and all
As I have stated before I did not collaborate with S&W directly. I colaborated with ONE of the folks who make S&W knives. I felt I would get paid for certain past designs that were simular to mine that S&W came to market with.

TIT FOR TAT.
Being an accountant Ryan Im sure you can see that the bottom line was the thought here.

As for S&W GUNS problem with a class action law suit. What some seem to forget is that
they were forced BY politics to do what they did IMHO. They had two choices. LIVE OR DIE.

Mayby pointing the finger at the real cause of the problem will take some deeper thought?
I feel they didnt want to make the decission they did but HAD NO CHOICE. The cause of the decission was intimadation and political pressure.
I am indifferent about S&W guns. I will stay that way.

As for the knife company (taylor). I dont deal with them in a direct manner.
I am however glad to see that they are giving credit where credit is due... in some cases.

AS I said in the other thread mentioned here . I inspected the knives at the show. They were built well and hold up under normal operating proceedures and tests. I feel the quality of these knives are above there normal standard. The tests were done by two folks not just me .

------------------
Web Site At www.darrelralph.com
MADD MAXX !

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 06-24-2001).]

I saw one of the big fixed blades yesterday at a local gun and knife show, and was impressed. Dont know exactly what steel was used, but it felt good, was very sharp and ground better than a lot of customs. Price was about $50. Didnt buy it though, as I was looking for a specific item.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Mr. Ralph, it is indeed a shame that your knives are being made by Taylor/S&W. I like the design and would be tempted to buy them otherwise.
Let's clarify a few things. The S&W "deal" was struck in an effort to gain business for S&W. They have lost a majority of contracts to Glock and SIG Sauer, Glock holding the lion's share of contracts and agencies. As a term of the agreement, S&W would have received preferential treatment in future purchases by municipalities and agencies that were also alligned with the makers of the agreement. I'll spare everyone the rest of the story here, since Thompkins (a British company) has since sold S&W to Safety Hammer an American company. One would think that this is a good thing, and initially many fans of S&W products rejoiced.
However, Safety Hammer has come forth stating that the would uphold any agreements made by the previous holders of S&W.
S&W board members had a choice then, they have a choice now.
If there are any questions about S&W's "agreement" please feel free to research at BF's sister site www.thefiringline.com

The SW Agreement has never been enforced. My new 342PD was bought from a dealer who sold assault weapons, hi-cap mags, etc. So did the distributor that the 342PD came from.

Ruger, the other major domestic maker of civillian firearms, sold out as well. They are directly responsible for the hi-cap magazine ban.

SW still makes the best aluminum/titanium concealed carry revolvers on the market.

If you don't believe that the Smart Gun Lite Technology of Taurus' built-in, non-removable gun lock is not a sell out, then you are seriously mistaken.

Basically, unless you are a total hypocrite like most SW boycotters, you are stuck with EAA Windicators and Rexios if you want a "politically clean" revolver.

You can also look to the knife industry for sell outs. Mad Dog putting metallic strips in their non-metallic knives sold to civillians and Spyderco's one time refusal to sell Matriarchs to US civillians.

[This message has been edited by SW342PD (edited 06-24-2001).]

This thread is about HRT knives. If you want to talk about guns, go to the Community Forum. If you want to talk about politics, go to the Political forum. Please try to keep the thread on topic.
Thanks,
David

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

Philip
Im sorry you are not understanding my reasoning about S&W GUNS. My intent was not to start a fire storm about GUNS!
I could care less what S$W (GUNS) does with there guns. INDIFFERNT means just that.

My intent with S$W (taylor only) was to retain royalities for a product that was built and put on the market without my permisson a while back. I found a way to get paid for my work. TIT FOR TAT. I dont feel that is selling out to anyone. If you do ... so be it. Its a long story with history behind it.

NUFF SAID!

------------------
MADD MAXX !

S&W did a great diservice to gun owners like myself. Isn't the HRT knives a Taylor Cutlery product? Does S&W own Taylor Cutlery or do they just contract them to make the knives?

Taylor is seperate for S$W .. They just contract the S$W name for there knives.

------------------
MADD MAXX !

Back