When do you not carry your knife.

It seems almost everyone on here has there favorite EDC. But I am curious as to when you guys don't carry a knife. I carry my RitterGrip almost everywhere. The only place I don't carry is when I got out to bars. I know it seems like a time some of you might carry, but I live in Mass, where you can go to jail for killing someone who breaks into your house. Ridiculous I know. But anyway I figure if I am at a bar in the city. One some bars on crowded nights and concerts what have you, pat you down. So that is a no go. But I feel that if for some reason I have to use my knife to defend myself and I am found to be under the influence it seems like its my ticket to OZ. Especially since that harvard kid just got 10 years for killing that guy in what he claimed as self defense. What are your guys view on when to carry when to not. Short of the airport that is a given. My friend has a theory. "If its not a place where I feel comfortable to bring my knife its probably a place I shouldn't be"

Planterz

Іди на хуй Путін!
The only times I've purposely not carried a knife was going to concerts (at bars). You never know if there's going to be security with those metal detector wand thingies. I don't go out much, so I don't know what places do that sort of thing. Although it's never actually happened here in AZ. 3 times in CO, yes, but not yet here. But then, AZ is one of the most "weapon" friendly states in the country.

Oh yeah, when I had to go to the coutrhouse for jury duty, and when flying.

Otherwise, I'm always "packing". I always carry a lighter and some form of illumination too. Not necessarily for the "be prepared" or "SHTF" situation, it's just useful to have handy.

I won't carry-
-to school
-if I'm out playing a street game where I won't need it and it could be damaged (basketball etc).
-to concerts/trips to Boston where I might go through security (like at the Constitution).

NeedleRemorse said:
I won't carry-
-to school
-if I'm out playing a street game where I won't need it and it could be damaged (basketball etc).
-to concerts/trips to Boston where I might go through security (like at the Constitution).

I don't dont carry my EDC to clubs or bars and airplanes ofcourse but thats pretty much it.

yam

There hasn't been any place lately where I have not had a knife with me. Around here, many of the guys carry knives of one sort or another no matter where they are. If I think folks will be a little sensitive, I carry one that doesn't clip on my pocket, but is inside it and usually something along the lines of a SAK. The only exception where I won't carry a knife is on a plane or something.

MelancholyMutt

Doggy Style
When getting a proctological exam, or a gynecological exam... or getting a gynecological exam when you're supposed to be getting a proctological exam...

I'd like to carry a knife all the time, but I live in a city where you can get in a load of trouble for having a knife on your person in licenced premises after dark. Because of this I carry a knife during the day, and don't carry a knife when I'm out at night.

Mine goes to church(I gotta sharpen pencils and I help teach the class), but stays at home during school

Shower, bed, and any place where its restricted by law (courthouses, federal buildings, airplanes, etc..) Ive even carried a knife while training for a marathon. I carry something small and easily concealable to concerts, football games, and other public venues where I may be searched. Youd be surprised how easy it is to get a small keychain knife past security, you dont even have to hide it. They feel the keys in your pocket while pating you down and dont even ask to see them. Dont ever try this in places where it is illegal to carry one (planes, etc..) Im only refering to situations like going to a concert where its house rules not to have one and at the worst case scenario, you could be refused admission (no arrested).

ErikD

Gold Member
Airplanes, though I hardly ever travel that way.

Also sometimes I will go without a knife if I am going to a bar, although I mostly go to the same bar with the guys from work where I have no problem carrying a knife.

ARtsig1

Banned
Same for me............shower and bed. Mine also resides next to me on the nightstand. :D

I work in a large medical center in the Bronx, New York. because of its location, knives are generally viewed as criminal weapons and not tools there. Also I wear scrubs so knife carry and concealment is kind of a pain. I do have a Leatherman Wave in my bag and have used it several times with no looks of "tsk tsk". I also have my Littman Master Cardiology stethiscope/flail (in tactical black) if things get hairy.

The bars I go to aren't the kind to pat you down. :D It's become a habit to always have a knife on me when I'm wearing pants - so the only time I don't have one is when I'm in the shower or in bed. And of course I don't carry anywhere it's expressly forbidden.

Jeremy

When I am SURE i'll have to pass through Metal detectors. Sometimes I managed to carry Endura through them, but still feel no confidence about the way this trick worked...

I was going to a club once and had to wait in a 45 minute line to get in. When I was about to get searched I realized that my endura was still in my pocket. I wasn't about to let the bounceer hold my knife and I sure as hell wasn't going to wait in that line again. So I clipped the knife behind my belt buckle inside my waistband. When I went through the metal detector it beeped and then they check you with the wand. Just my belt buckle sir. :D